The God Emperor's Dune, preperation

Dante

Ok, could you IM me and give me a brief overview of the story and what has happend so far(No major details required, just generalities so I can get in)

Can I have the same house that I made up in the other thread, House Sukhoi, based off of the Swordmasters of Ginaz?

• 2 weeks later...

IM sent.

By the way, It just came to my attention that there is still a website (constructed by Davidu) about this thread, though it seems a little empty at the moment.

This is to change!

All those taking part in the thread please to e-mail or IM Davidu with your faction's statistics. Home planet, history previous to thread, history during thread, leader/s, planetary infomation, diplomatic relations, greatest export/import, etc. I wouldn't want to see all the effort that everyone has put into this not be recorded. :)

Didn't you already? Well, ok then.

God Emperor Leto Atreides took the throne of the Imperium, and imposed his heavy rule. Several minor skirmishes with other factions in the Imperium led to a large meeting where he revealed that he sensed a machine threat close at hand. The Guild disagreed, and in anger Leto Atreides abdicated, removing himself and all of his retinue to an unknown location. The throne was passed by his command to the Guild; the one party that should not have it. They at once attempted to start a war of assassins on Arrakis to decide the next ruler of the Imperium.

But the four most powerful groups; The Sardaukar, House Ghobey, The Bene Gesserit and House Vernius, were all allied, and all supported the Vernius coup on Arrakis.

A Bene Gesserit acolyte called Jennifer was adopted into the Ghobey household, and then married to Emperor Vernius. Then the machines attacked. The death of the Emperor (and the quitting of GhostHunter) led to the absorbtion of House Vernius into House Ghobey, and thus House Ghobey took the throne under Empress Jennifer.

After several machine attacks, including a biological plague, the machines have focussed their efforts on the Sardaukar, driving them away from the Imperium while the other factions recover.

Factions and changing status of groups:

House Atreides; originally Imperial family, now disappeared.

House Vernius; originally one of the four most powerful, now defunct.

House Sardaukar; Created from the breakaway of the Sardaukar from House Corrino. Currently engaged in permanent planetary warfare with the machines, currently sealed off from the Imperium.

House Ghobey; Imperial house, possesses the largest military. Holds Arrakis and Ix, led by a ghola of Arch-Duke, now Emperor Darius Ghobey. Close ties with the Bene Gesserit.

The Bene Gesserit; Possesses a small military, and tleilaxu technology modified to their own ends. Richest faction?

House Rodrigues; Originally House KYA, forced to evacuate system in favour of Bene Gesserit gift of planet Holnuck, originally taken from Emperor Vernius, who in turn had taken it from House Holnuck.

House Cobras; Undergoing its second civil war, also has close ties with the Bene Gesserit. Heirs to the throne in BG custody. Not an especially large military, but a powerful one.

House Sarmizegetusa; Once blockaded into their own system, now free and active.

House Sukhoi; Scrinlord's House. No actions at time of writing.

Houses Mentis and Makarios; Early joiners, few actions (If any, as I recall. I may be wrong...).

Other Houses; Used only as votes in Landsraad.

The Guild; Used by me to moderate the thread.

(I don't think I've missed anyone... Just tell me if I have).