Universe expanding

Aeris

Scientists say that the universe is expanding, yet they also say that something cannot come from nothing. If there is 'nothing' outside of the universe, how is it expanding? There must be some sort of element out there so that the universe is a transformation of that space, therefore making it seem like space is being created instead of just transformed, right? Maybe? Did that even make sense?

So what Ken is trying to say (I think) is that there is nothing outside the universe but the expanding universe is simply pushing it out of the way. It is not turning nothingness into universeness. But isn't 99.99% of the universe nothing anyway. Well it boggles the mind.

Well, the universe isn't expanding like a pool of water can. I mean that it takes the place of something else.

Outside the universe in not nothing, it just doesn't exist.

That is what is the current idea

some scientists say that it doesnt expand outwards like so many people think. The theory goes that the big bang happened instantly, everywhere in what would become our material universe. It actually expands everywhere. Not just out but in and all sorts of other ways incapable for us to percieve. Some scientists believe it is just a flat universe that is just expanding and contracting in variability and unstability.

I find theories like the big bang pre-emptive ( ;D), but interesting nonetheless. It's hard to consider the idea of the universe (all that is) to expand. The best I can do is imagine a balloon. At first, it's this shriveled little thing. Then, it starts expanding, growing outwards from the air pushing. This isn't a precise model, but it helps a little. Of course, it's boggling.

Spacetime only exists inside the Universe, it is spacetime which is expanding and taking the physical components of the Universe with it. Time and Space are linked. We think that this is ultimately coming from something known only as a "super membrane" which is beyond the universe but intersects it at all points. We are talking about very weird stuff here, with 23+ dimensions of space as opposed to the 3 we have. I know this is all rather disjointed but it's not my area of expertese.

Nothing has to be none, not even air. Nothing could be out there, nothing could live in it, not even a planet, moon, nor star. So we cannot prove it. No one has been here to witnees it (not alive at least) sooo we have no clue :D

What is flat in your definition? If you mean that it is only 2D, then it can't be right. Because we can move up/down, left/right and forward/backward.

I think the universe is a circle in every dimension, wherever you start or end, there is no begin, and no end

My theory for the creation of the universe is thus:

Ok we all know what black holes are right? Scientists belive they are in the centers of every galaxy and in other parts of the glaxey it self.

Black holes grow, they never stop consuming, they can never be stopped. As one black hole consumes another, the gravitational force is increesed, thus pulling more matter into it. Soon the black hole either dies, as would be the most likly case. Or it consumes a entire galaxy.

Say how ever trillions years it would take, the black hole reaches from one glaxay to another, and begins consuming that, then after that one is consumed, the black hole goes to another, and another.

And soon the entire universe is consumed.

As the black hole is the only thing left in the hole universe, it sits there and spins for a few more trillian years.

Then for one reason or another, it slowly begins to break down,

and whammo! all of the compressed matter in the universe is suddenly reborn as the matter rushs out in a massive bang!

Thus rebirth of the universe.

I know thats not really a theory, just wild speculation, but its how i belive the universe was created. Why? Becouse i thought of it that why.

did you guys know that the universe is flat? and that is no theory it is for sure

People also were positive that the world was flat. I know we have new technology now, so if you would explain I may be able to understand.

(And, pretty cool theory, Ex)

Ex, your theory is quite acceptable. I'm a supporter of that too.

I think that last black hole will explode after a huge implosion caused by the gigantic mass with the size of an electron (for example)

There is still one problem, and that is that there isn't enough gravity (yet?) in the universe to stop the expanding process. So there must happen more then some black holes to let the universe shrink