Sardukar or Fremen???

Aribites

But either way, when they fire you can see them wich gives a big advantage to the opposing force.

Doesnt at all matter man, if you lose your feyds you lost like 750 or something while they lost like a 1250 mino. And besides they can call worms. Until next post, Vilgent.

Bah not buts...... First of all people really like the Sardukar cause the way they act, well gee the way they acts really going to help you in a huge battle. And because the elites canhit AA, well a good player wont need Sardukar for AA........ And if your not a good player, Sardukar shouldn't be your main concern lol. Until next post, Vilgent.

Sardukar Elites are the best all around warrior...

!.) They can Kill infantry

2.) They can kill armor

3.) They can kill air units

4.) They take 4 sniper hits to kill

5.) They take 2 mino salvos to kill

6.) They can outrun mino salvos in small groups

7.) They kill laser tanks and ordos APC's with 1 hit

8.) They can shoot an ordos APC in the air..(they auto-aim for the APC not the carryall).. while it is being carried by a carryall...and the elite wont die from the laser/shield reflection (Why not?)

They are tough and useful little bastards

Err, I thought it was closer to...

They can kill infantry less well than the contaminator

They can kill armour

They can kill air units

They take 2 sniper hits to kill

They take more than one mino shell (not salvo) to kill

They can outrun mino salvos, as can many other infantry if you micromanage them

They can die from Laser tanks and APCs as soon as they hit them, and though you win on money, you lose on buildtime, I think.

I don't know about that bug, so that could well be true. I can imagine the engine would do that sort of thing.

Err, I thought it was closer to...They can kill infantry less well than the contaminatorThey can kill armourThey can kill air unitsThey take 2 sniper hits to killThey take more than one mino shell (not salvo) to killThey can outrun mino salvos, as can many other infantry if you micromanage themThey can die from Laser tanks and APCs as soon as they hit them, and though you win on money, you lose on buildtime, I think.I don't know about that bug, so that could well be true. I can imagine the engine would do that sort of thing.
Nema you probably got your information from the manual or such.......but it is 4 sniper hits to kill and 1 mino salvo plus 1 shot to kill an elite .... and most men cannot outrun minos salvos ..(even when micor-managed).... the elite is so damn fast he can run circles around the mino easilybut you are correct that in suiciding your elites for lasers tanks.. you lose build timeand as for their being no holtzman effect... maybe that is because the holtzman blast is occuring high up in the air.. at such an altitude that the elite is safe on the ground.. not sure

1: Call worms and destroy forces it could take HUGE armys of Sardukar loses and they just lose once.

2: They can kill infantry from long ranges

3: They can Destroy the most heavy units in groups of 3 whaere as it would take bout 10x that many elites to do it.

4: They're cloaked

5: Build Faster

6: Less Money

7: Building Upgrade is less

8: Run into field of morters make them fire and run and not get hit

Look people, I'm sick of this, there is no comparision a good player will not need sardukar for AA god dammit! And worms go through hords of units that it would take hundreds of Sardukar to kill, THERE IS NO COMPARISION! Sardukar are good in qm against certain Houses/tactics but there not even close to Fremen, look, The Feyds are more powerful, and the worm ability is overwhealming. Well your going to say, " A Elite can slit a Feyds throat UP CLOSE " Oh even if that happens Feyds are meant in groups, and your not going to get them close range to a Sardukar, so why is this a continueing topic? Power is everything for sucess and Fremen are cheaper, Faster, cloak and call worms whicth makes them a better Sub House then Sardukar no matter what you do! Until next post, Vilgent.

Fremen are cheaper, but you pay for what you get. If you micro a Sard. Elite right, you can down a mino easily. And Sard. Regs can actually kill Fremen Warriors in one shot, but they take 2 to die from Fremen. BTW, if you look in the rules.ini file, Fremen Warriors and Snipers use the same weapon stats.

i agree with Vilgent's points - and i prefer the fremen.

I personally think the Fremen are a better subhouse - cost effective, faster to train, cloaked units, worm riding. As Vilgent mentioned, 3 Feds will take down a heavy vehicle (such as a Mino).. whereas it would take 5-8 sard elites to do the same job. Now, 3 feds are cheaper and faster to build than 5-8 sards.... and cloaked feds can be used tactically for with an element of surprise. And as a well-known ancient war saying goes: 'the best form of defense is attack, the best form of attack is surprise.' So there you go, Feds are better... and Ive even backed my opinion with ancient philosophy.

Here's a good way to decide for yourself - try playing battles with either only Fremen OR Sards subhouse.... play lots of games against a variety of 'skilled' players... then see which games you win more with, using Fremen or Sards.

ok ok... you fremen freaks are missing one important aspect of sardukar.....

they outrange turrets and fremen do not but thats not my main point....

IT DEPENDS on what HOUSE you play and what house your enemy plays....

If YOU are Atreides or if your ENEMY is Atreides then you dont need sardukar..........choose fremen

But sardukar complement Ordos and Hark very nicely and sardukar are good weapons against hark and ordos

Here's a good way to decide for yourself - try playing battles with either only Fremen OR Sards subhouse.... play lots of games against a variety of 'skilled' players... then see which games you win more with, using Fremen or Sards.

that paragraph should have ended this topic - the better subhouse is the one that wins you more games.

Everyone is just going on the Feds can ride on the worm!! But does anyone know how god damn long does it take for the stupid worm to appear? The it'll will be uncloaked during this time too!!

And just to note that being cloaked wouldn't save your dumb @$$ for a very long time, one shot from the Feds or fremens, and they wouldn't last very long on the battlefield.

Even though it takes longer and more money to train the Sards, but they're almost 4 times as tough as the fremens. The regular sards are way better than the reg. fremens in either armour and firepower, even though the Imperial sard have less firepower than the feds but the strong amour, AA function makes up for it and also the high accuracy.