Sardukar or Fremen???

Aribites

Sards get my vote!

If you wanna go against fremen warriors, just use a projector to make fake imperial sards (I ALWAYS use Ix, only the second subhouse varies). The fremen can't take out more than one at a time (for each warrior), so they'll soon have a lot of neat bullet holed in their stillsuits. :)

That's an interesting strategy, and it will have to work!!!  Just imagine it, one a couple of fremen warriors sitting in some infantry rock, waiting for some sardies to come along.  A large force approaches (Sardies).  A couple get 'killed' but they keep coming, no matter what the 'losses'.  Poor fremen!

SARDUKAR RULE!!!

:) 8) :) 8) :) 8)

Hey, the ordinary Fremen have more than one advantage over the Atreides sniper.  First, invisibility, but everyone knows that.  Second, sniper Fremen reload a little over twice as fast as Atreides snipers.  Fedaykin are good, but they have to get so close they're usually slaughtered after one or two shots.

Normal Sardaukar have a machine gun, and they have to get within range of snipers to kill them.  They do have a *lot* of health for infantry, though, so 5 Sard. against 5 fremen, Sards win.  However, machine gun Sardaukar cost more than sniper fremen, which makes up the difference somewhat.  Fremen in offense can fire and run somewhere else, unlike in defense, so it depends how you use them.  Sardaukar of all kinds are best used when you have a column of laser tanks/ mongooses/assault tanks taking the return fire.  Then they can just keep pumping death in and not worry about being crushed by tanks.

Sardaukar elite......very specialized, I think.  Their laser sucks against infantry and has a reload time that may be short for snipers, but is too long for effectively killing tanks unless used in packs, and 3 Sard elites cost 1050......!  When paired with the Ixian projector, though, they are the bane of the Ordos.  A duplicate Sard elite is deadly against laser tanks, Ordos APCs, and Deviators.  One shot and BOOM!  8) (the best part being that the BOOM costs nothing!)  ;)  I loved doing this when I invaded the Ordos homeworld.....especially against those &^%#$ Deviators whose sole purpose in life seemed to be to convert my Minotauri....

Overall I only use Sard. elite duplicates as shield-killers and normal Fremen as guerillas.  Sometimes I make one Fedaykin to ride a sandworm, but otherwise I never use normal Sard or Fedaykin.

Also keep in mind that your POV depends on which house you're playing......Ordos can't benefit from that shield-killer projection trick (nobody else has shields), and Atreides already hase a cheaper, faster-building sniper (though that didn't stop me).  Having the IX makes the expensive Sards much more valuable, though.

I totally agree with you about the elite--I forgot to mention it.  His knife kills infantry instantly, but he has to get up close and personal to do it, exposing himself to ranged infantry and tank treads.

One thing you have to remember about Fremen is the effect cloaking has.  Sure, it seems obvious, but to an opponent, seeing Fremen pop in and out of sight, taking potshots all the while, can be really confusing and can freak other players out.  AI forgets they're there.  This generally works best with a group of 5 or more Fremen.  Your opponent has no idea how many there are.

About projecting Fremen: you can do it, but why?  They're already stealth, the projections will die automatically before they do the equal of a Sard projection, and if your Fremen are dying off so much that you need the projector, you probly shouldn't be using Fremen anyway cause you're using Harkonnen tactics.

If you're fighting one or two Sards, normal Fremen are best (Sards can't avoid sniper shots).

If your fighting a bunch of Sards, Fedaykin will rip through them with their go-through-anything Weirding Modules.

Fedaykin vs. Elite?  Weirding module is bester against both vehicles and infantry, but laser can shoot air units and hits instantly.  One on one, the Fedaykin would kill the Elite with his sound waves as the Elite ran up to knife him (unless micromanaging the Elite and he dodges, but at close range the Weirding Module's shots are very hard to avoid  :)).  Plus, the Sard Elite doesn't know where the Fedaykin is until the Fedaykin shoots, at which point it's probly too late for the Elite anyway.  I think 5 Fedaykin could slaughter 5 Elites if each Fedaykin took a different target; the Elites are running straight at them.

The Elite's knife is more of a weakness then a strength, I think, cause it forces the Elite to run straight at his target, which will most likely be shooting at him  :-X.  Normal Sards are overall probly better than the Elites against infantry for this reason. ;)

How can the Sardaukar Elite shoot at the Fedaykin if he can't see him? :O  Remember, Fremen are all stealth.   8)The first shot's gonna come from the Fedaykin, cause he knows where his target is, while the Sard doesn't.  ;) Besides, the Sard laser sucks against infantry.