Legends of Dune

Alexander_Ordos

Look guys, I know this question came before but, what do you honestly think about the "Butlerian Jihad"? I've just got it from Germany, read 100 pages and it looks quite nice, shurely not Frank's style...but I like it anyway, they shurely achieved the effect of different Duniverse.

Now, not to make that topic another opinion spam, I'd like to discuss about some subjects, like Sorceresses of Rossak - did Zufa show real magic in the Parliament? Did I understand it correctly that Atreides aren't descendants of Atreus at all? :-

Agammemnon (as in Andrew Skouros) I believe named himself after his anscestor, the real Agammemnon. The wierd thing is that, before the prequels, I thought no one knew of the Atreides lineage until Leto II. Oh well.

And I wasn't too thrilled with BJ. It was okay, but nothing spectacular.

The last Dune book I read was Dune7 by Brian.

Well, it looked to me like a shadow of the dune universe. I felt like in a cage on that icy Earth.

When reading the Dune books I always felt thirsty and I almost felt the sand and dust...

Luckily, I got some time to read today, I'm on page 369, and now I must admit that I never saw a thinking machines (Droids, Cyborgs, etc...) so perfectly described in any SciFi book (I've read plenty), I mean the character, emotions and speech, it's just the right way... BJ looks like a marvell to me :- K.J.A or B.H or any other writer participating ;) did a nice job. This book is simply not a novell...

Man! I'm not joking... I got borrowed it from a library!

I'll try to take it again, scan it and pot the cover. But it's translated into Romanian.

It's not a prequel... the action takes place long after the last novel. The whole Empire consists in only a few cities down below the ice crust of Earth.

At the surface the 'brunds' (some kind of tribes) battle for survival.

I'll try to prove myself right! >:(