Legends of Dune

Alexander_Ordos

The Empire has shrunk to about 2 million citizens living in some underwater cities (actually organic cities). People communicated through some wire devices that were implanted under skin... The story follows a couple: a Harkonnen er... p*mp and an Atreides wh*re, as they leave these cities for the surface. Here the tribes are waging wars against each other. These tribes were geneticaly modifyed by the Tleilaxu as they conducted their own breeding program... The Harkonnen gets caught out of time and space and will live on as a ghost around Brenda Atreides to guide her in order to create a new tribe.

The Empire is still under siege by the Forces of the Dispersion (I hope I've transalted that good).

If this sounds familiar, then post the name of the book so everyone will know what I'm talking about.

I repeat the book looked quite old.

It sounds like one of the Ship series:

Destination: Void

The Jesus Incident

The Lazarus Effect

The Ascension Factor

The book you're reading is most likely one of the last two. They are about two societies, one of which lives in underwater cities. I think they are warring against each other. That's all I know from a back-cover synopsis I read once.

hmm dont know, I have read those books and it doesnt seem at all to fit with those series. I could be wrong though.

Also, I found some more matches of terms and things in some more frank books. Geesh its getting creepy. There has to be some sort of connection.

The book was written by Brian Herbert (alone).

The title is "Dune7 Cartea Brundurilor" (in Romanian).

Traduced is something like "Dune7 The Book of the Brunds". I have no ideea what the "brund" word means, but in the book is something like a subdivision of a tribe.

The underwater societies were fighting only against the Disperison... that was constantly destroying their defensive sattelites and

space-stations.

The tribe the couple first joined was named Kildare.

I promise you I'll scan the cover and post it here... maybe next week, I don't have much time right now, and besides, in the weekend the library is closed.

i researched that title and it is written by patrick herbert.

"continuare a lui fratisu, elemente comune dar al stil de a urmarii povestea si de a scrie , buna carte , trebuie citita de orice fan" can you read that? or is that not in your language? becuase the description you are giving us does not match any known dune book written by brian or frank.

"PS. Nici o referinta la DUNE 7 nu exista pe Internet, pentru fanii occidentali si americani ai lui Frank Herbert aceasta fiind inexistenta."

Somthing about and american, frank herbert, and inexistence. Maybe thats a disclaimer?

Man, that's Romanian all right...

Lets see...

The first one: it says it is a sequel of his brother's book (so Patrik is the brother of Franck!) different style (!!!), a must-read for any fan.

The second one: there is no reference on the Internet regarding Dune7, therefore it does not exist for the western readers.

Yeah man! That's what I was talikng about. So, it was Patrick, not Brian... oh well.

I'll still look up for it to scan it, though (the cover I mean).

And Zopwx2: where did you get that info by the way? It's written in pure Romanian :) by a person that's clearly no critic... Do you have Romanian friends or are you Romanian as well?

Hmm... on the other side, maybe you've just found it on Google.

MAN! Do you know how thick that book is?

And it is in Romanian, I couldn't possibly translate it in English. It's way over my head...

Know what? I'll scan it all and I'll post the images somewhere. So all of you should learn Romanian to read it he he...

BTW, It was written by Patrick Herbert, Zopwx2 is right...

I speak absolutely no romainian. I think its becuase I searched that romainian title that you gave me, thats why all the results were in romainain. I didnt know frank had a brother, or that he continued the series.

If it was written in Romania, why bother to pay an interpret to traduce it from English? And BTW, we have copyright laws around here too.

MAN! I have to get rid of these test-papers to start looking for the book.

I found enough info to post again here.

The book I've read was actually written by some Sebastian A. Corn that used Herbert's name for advertising. It was published, but when it was found out that it was a false they stopped publishing it. Therefore, yes, it's a fake...

It had some interesting ideas in it, on the other hand.

That was a great discovery for the Dune community anyway, Davidu. I'd really like to read that book. But such cheaters, that use Harbert's name should be punished! ;)

Anyway, back to the thread... I'm on page 400... well the concepts that'll last for thousands of years are reasearched a little too fast and too simple ( Holzman shields ). :-