What will it be like?

Guest Duncan Idaho

Guest Duncan Idaho

It's a nice change that they are making a game that actually has to do with the book. Not that I'm not excited about Emperor or anything, but I think Cryo's new action/adventure game will be more interesting because it actaully follows the book. No game so far has yet done that. They've all been RTS games, not really portraying Paul Atreides during the classic novel. This could be a tremendous game! But how are they going to do it? A game like Monkey Island where you go from room to room solving puzzels and other sort. I'm thinking since they've slapped ACTION, along with the adventure on the genre, it will be more along the lines of

Legend of Zelda, which in my personal opinon would be the best choice. Just imagine, running aroung as Paul Atreides with a shield buzzing around you as your hack stuuf away with a cryskvife and sword. Sounds like a game I'd want to play...What do you think???

• 4 weeks later...

You never know. and some people wont be happy that it falows the books. The OHA and other ordos clans. but we wont change a game just becouse a few people want it changed, they have emperor to look fored to.i like the ordos but i like the novels more. i dont care what they say enough is enough we have played rts games about dune card games and other games about dune but never a action adventure game. I wonder if they will take it to the Ps-2 or the dreamcast. And will there be othere caricters you can play or just one. will it be like Dune1 or something new?? and how about some more dune games??? a shooter maybe? or a sandworm racing game??? I think its about time we get some more dune like games.

• 3 weeks later...

lol... Hell yeah, ExAtreides, where are all the Dune Worm Racer games at? :) I was thinking another good one would be like Deer Hunter, where you are a Harkonnen trooper hunting unarmed Fremen... you look for signs of fremen like maker hooks, old thumpers and whatnot and then set up a position from which to take them out, for fun and for their crysknives of course, the Baron is paying ten-thousand solari for each crysknife. lol... well i think it would be fun anyway... Hey, everybody think up the best, worst, funniest or in worst taste Dune based games and post them. Well, i hope everybody has a nice Christmas anyway. :)

- Jason.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hum... actually I fear the worst, I don't know if an action/adventure game in the Dune setting would be really interesting... A first person shooter in the desert ?

It's quite a shame they didn't use the same concept they used with the first Dune game, which was a real masterpiece (and one of the best games in computer history IMO)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love them!! The ornithopters are awesome, much closer than they were to anything in the movies or. I was amazed that WSG made the Fremen look pretty much EXACTLY as I envisioned them. (Very arabesque desert wear.) The Bene Geserit, Chani, Stilgar, Paul.....everyone looked great. The Baron was walking instead of floating, which is how the book had it. (The suspensors were to help him support his weight, not to make him fly.) My only problem: the worms. They look too sluglike. They don't appear to be able to move fast or even raise their bodies up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When is the release date for the Cryo game? Action/adventure that is a change from all the RTS games that have been the staple for the Duniverse. I guess it is time for a different view on Dune. As long as gameplay is excellent and it would follow the novel for a change I'm willing to give it a try.

Actually, its due out in October now, as for the sandworms, I thought I read that you did ride them, but you'd better check my translation of the French dreamcaste site to make sure. It should be in the April archive.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

they should make a dune game by the creator of PSO(pantasy star online) but with dune theme and in stead of hunter fighter mage it should be fremen sarduakar and something like a mage give me some ideas please. and it should be for ps2,dreamcast and pc and the online is free plusu can interact with players on differant systems in stead of only dreamcast talk to dreamcast pctalk tp pc and ps2 talk to ps2. oh and u can drive veicles if u want(thrid one smuggler and have a fourth  and fith thelaxu and ix?huh good ?) ok bye ;)