war craft 3

Emperor Harkonnen

Well hold out for Frozen Throne the, although it's a shame that they won't be an independant side but it will be pretty cool to have an elvish hero. But what do you mean "real elves"? Night Elves are real enough, in that kinda fake fairy tale way.

I would definately say that orcs are the best side, though I find that Night Elves are probably the most fun to play with.

human are the best. mass slow/polymorph will own almost anything. war3 is not the least bit balanced and that's reflected in very clearly by the ludicrously unbalanced races

orcs are best after humans. mass docs/shamans/taurens will own almost anything too

In 'nilla WC3, I'd say Hummies. In TFT, it looks to be Undead or NE. Mountain Giants own just about everything 1v1, except air. But the new Undead stuff kicks *ss, too. Thopugh some of the changed Hummie stuff owns, too. :- The newest patch made the Gyrocopter 1 food. :P Plus, TFT added upgrades to let the Steam Tank attack all ground, and one to attack air. :O

human are the best. mass slow/polymorph will own almost anything. war3 is not the least bit balanced and that's reflected in very clearly by the ludicrously unbalanced races

orcs are best after humans. mass docs/shamans/taurens will own almost anything too

hey Navaros, could you please change your nick back to nav again?

me i would say undead i like there fast building and there fun game play and wtf u people talking about archers = elves and so does the kepper of the grove hes a freaking elf and so is the tiger its just an elf riding a tiger duh!!!!!

For beginner, I would say Night Elves. Buildings can walk, so if you build on a wrong place, no need to worry. Archer does everything in a distance, heroes (especially Keeper) have good spells, their farms (er, moon wells) are also useful if you make a failed attack (what is for new ones characteristic). And harvesting is fastest. No need to walk, wisps provide everything without dangerous opening new ways for enemy by destroying trees.

My favourite are the undead. Necros with some Meat Wagons filled by bodies from Graveyard are nice force, altough only if your enemy doesn't build much Priests, Shamans or Dryads. If you haven't time, there is still a chance of crushing enemy with a huge Ghoul or Crypt Fiend swarm. And a skilled one cannot forget Banshies, which can posses enemy units - only flaw is that not in such range as human Sorceress' polymorph.

For beginner, I would say Night Elves. Buildings can walk, so if you build on a wrong place, no need to worry. Archer does everything in a distance, heroes (especially Keeper) have good spells, their farms (er, moon wells) are also useful if you make a failed attack (what is for new ones characteristic). And harvesting is fastest. No need to walk, wisps provide everything without dangerous opening new ways for enemy by destroying trees.

My favourite are the undead. Necros with some Meat Wagons filled by bodies from Graveyard are nice force, altough only if your enemy doesn't build much Priests, Shamans or Dryads. If you haven't time, there is still a chance of crushing enemy with a huge Ghoul or Crypt Fiend swarm. And a skilled one cannot forget Banshies, which can posses enemy units - only flaw is that not in such range as human Sorceress' polymorph.

nah, night elves are too weird for beginners... mainly ranged units.. you lose your wisp when building etc.. Humans and orcs are the most straight forward for beginners

actually ur wrong humans are a very hard to use ima random player my self because im going for the dragon pic's but im i would say human = hardest even with mas priest and sorc it sucks what n00b strat it takes no skill and well it can be crushed by alot of ghouls because of waste ur magic on turingin my ghouls into sheeps so what my ghouls are cheap and they produce very fast and fully upgraded ghouls 0wn and meat wagons yuck waste of time and to much work

Guest Eric E.

rofl newblar. If someone Uses that on me I just DISpell with Wands of negation W.O.N

Humans aren't best for newbies. Farm is only for three footmen or two knights. And they are totally unusable, just a junk in your base only for food. Resource management is way the hardest - you must slower harvest for quicker building.

Humans aren't best for newbies. Farm is only for three footmen or two knights. And they are totally unusable, just a junk in your base only for food. Resource management is way the hardest - you must slower harvest for quicker building.

yes, but that is what most people expect them to be, useless besides providing food. :)

You need to build scores of them. Quickly, sacrificing much gold, which should be used for units or upgrades. Other sides' buildings have constant speed of construction, but faster than human structures. Also there is impossibility of attacking with main unit, footman. With Knight you can (sorry for error in previous post: you need TWO farms for two knights) do some action, but without you can use just Riflemen, what are dearer Archers.

You need to build scores of them. Quickly, sacrificing much gold, which should be used for units or upgrades. Other sides' buildings have constant speed of construction, but faster than human structures. Also there is impossibility of attacking with main unit, footman. With Knight you can (sorry for error in previous post: you need TWO farms for two knights) do some action, but without you can use just Riflemen, what are dearer Archers.

compared to ziggurats for instance, farms are cheap.

1. humans start out with 12 food compared to 10 of the other 3 factions

2. a farm cost 80 gold while a ziggurat costs 150 (burrows and moon wells are even more expensive) and the ziggurat doesn't proved 2x the amount of food.

3. farms are smaller (4 squares, a zuggurat takes 9)

2 farms can support 3 knights or 6 footmen. And what do you mean with impossibility of attacking with main unit?