The Heroes of Capitalism

Are those the people you look up to, Emprworm? The corrupt soulless bastards living off the backs of the people? The capitalist oligarchy enjoying their opulent luxuries while millions of innocent children starve to death?

Funny, I thought you were a Christian...

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

- Matthew 19:24

Hmm, bad site. It doesn't have good search engines... :-

I was trying to find the queen of the Netherlands. Who is waaaayyy to rich and the royal family should be abolished.

Those people may be too rich. But at least they worked for it. You can't say that of our queen >:(

Rich people?

I'm happy that I start out as a middle-class.

Some people work for those fortunes, others steal, others opress... other just inherit the money.

If I had all those money ( as Bill Gates, Michael Schumacher - earns 2 million euros a race - or any other billionaire) I would invest ALL of it in a space program; as for myself i'll be livin' as always...

Nice dream isn't it? :-

I would immediately set up social welfare programs to help the poor and use most of the money to give them food, clothes, etc.

The rest would go to hospitals, schools and so on.

And as a bonus, this would give me immense popularity and I would win the next elections by a landslide. I would then proceed to implement the political and economical system I've been developing to give the people a brighter future.

This is assuming I suddenly get all that money overnight, of course. Otherwise I would probably be corrupted by the power they bring. Money means power, and power always corrupts. For this reason, the LAST thing I want is to be rich. I'd rather keep my soul, thank you very much.

Well, a few million children in 3rd world countries might be slightly bothered... they have to live in a miserable state of poverty and/or starve to death, you see, so the western billionaires can have immense estates, personal helicopters, yachts... ::)

Hey Empr, ever wonder what this button does? :P

Anyways, capitalism is evil. It destroys lives. If you aren't rich, you get a second-class education, second-class medical care, second-class public services.

Socalism is undeniably better.

SSAFlag.bmp

Power to the People![attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Anyways, capitalism is evil. It destroys lives. If you aren't rich, you get a second-class education, second-class medical care, second-class public services.

bush_.jpg

Power to the People!

doesn't look like your life is destroyed now does it?

Actually, my grandfather died because our insurance company didn't think it was worthwhile to continue treatment, and we couldn't afford it. I wouldn't say that destroyed my life; but it certainly wasn't joyful, either.

its harder for a rich man to go to heaven then for a camel to go through the Eye Of the Needle

don't forget the second half of that verse! ;)

ok ok, its not exactly the second half of the verse, but the second half of that paragraph! :)

bush_.jpg

Power to the People!

doesn't look like your life is destroyed now does it?

YOu know, you're on my ignore list now for that.

Too bad it doesn't remove signatures.

lol, that is fine with me dude.

you poke fun of me, then I might just return the favor. but hey, i think ignoring me is a good solution. i wish other people would have done that. might have prevented many locked threads. :D

Funny, I thought you were a Christian...

Someones views of Goverment are irrelvent to the being a Christian or not.

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

- Matthew 19:24

your forgeting Matthew 19:26 though it is harder for a rich person to get saved.

yeah? lol that makes no sense. It is saying that all things are possible, anybody can be saved. It is harder though for a rich man to be saved though because of the temptations. Also, rich people ahve a tendancy to keep their wealth. A good christian, (none of us) who was rich would give all he had and only spend on what he needed for food and shelter. Wealth usually creates temptation and that is the destroyer. the lust that money gives.