PC Games and Genres

bob_fox

What is your favourite PC game in each genre.

And the genres are:

Action, Adventure, Arcade, Simulation, Strategy.

Add in new genres as required. (Note: include RPG games in the Adventure genre, please.)

My favourite PC games:

Action: Jedi Outcast

Adventure: Monkey Island

Arcade: probably Worms

Simulation: X-Wing Alliance

Strategy: Total Annihilation

Modification: move this thread to gaming, Gob. Sorry.

Action: x-com

Adventure: Space Quest five(although i;d agree Monkey Island Second. ;) )

Arcade: If your reffering to the Arcades at stores etc, it would be The Punisher.

Simulation: The Sims.

Strategy: For me it would have to be TAK, or Red Alert. In case you don't know TAK means Total Annihilation Kingdoms.

My list would be:

FPS: AvP, JK2 or Rune

Adventure: Goblins 3

Racing: Coling MCrae rally 2.0

RTS: Starcraft (TAK comes 2nd)

TBS: Medieval Total War (well this is also partly RTS, but i wanted to mention it anyway)

RPG: Diablo II

Strategy: For me it would have to be TAK, or Red Alert. In case you don't know TAK means Total Annihilation Kingdoms.

ANOTHER TAK PLAYER! Hooray!. The TAK community is growing :D even though it's so old

and well Sven, i'd say that TAK is an incredible game. Yes, the reviews werent so good, mainly because no comp was able to handle the game REALY well when it came out (fastest comp at that time was P3 450) and so only few people could play it good enough. Also most people compare it to Total Annihilation, but the games are just totally different.

But if you ask me, TAK has a great engine, great story, incredibly satisfying singleplayer and 4 awsome factions. If you like fantasy, especially a bit apocalyptic fantasy, and you are willing to play this singleplayer (it doesn't get that great until mission 10 or something) this is a must have.

I played the singleplayer campaign, and even though some missions were incredibly simple (even in late campaign) the story made up for it. The missions were not made for a certain difficulty level. But the missions were made to fit the story, and they do that incredibly well.

if you want more info, just ask. Cuz i'm am very glad i didn't miss this one. It is a LOT of fun

It's interesting that someone should mention NFS Road Challenge (or High Stakes, as it is known in the US) as their favourite driving game. NFS IV is my favourite NFS game. Porsche 2000 (Porsche Unleashed in the US) was boring, and NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is rubbish; it's more an arcade game than a racing sim.

Who else likes Jedi Outcast (I like anything to do with Star Wars)?

• 2 weeks later...

Come on... EVERYBODY knows what arcade games are! Games like Space Invaders, Missile Command, PacMan, Star Control, Worms, i.e. platform games and other "simple" games.

Civilization and Colonization ARE strategy games, not "educational".

I forgot to put in the Puzzle genre.

Come on... EVERYBODY knows what arcade games are! Games like Space Invaders, Missile Command, PacMan, Star Control, Worms, i.e. platform games and other "simple" games.

Civilization and Colonization ARE strategy games, not "educational".

I forgot to put in the Puzzle genre.

sure they are not under the educational section, but i have learned several history items from them, just another way of teaching people history.