Unbalance

Terenas77

I ve get tired of playng ebfd. The game needs still a lot of balace. Whats the purpose of Bene Tleilax?

They are a decoration subhouse.Why fremen are so overpowered??I hate them...there's nothing more satifactory than seeing a group of Fedakins put on fire by a flame tank ;D!!! What about Harkonnen??The poor house harkonnen. No artillery.no repair.no range.Only good airforce and some armor(easily destroyed by Mongooses and Lasers).Easily beaten by the dumb atreides. Have you ever tried to stop a formation of Minos, mongosses, snipers and Air drones??? One word=UNBEATABLE unless you use subhouses.Thats unfair. I ve switched to Warcraft3 which is almost perfectly balanced and SUPPORTED by Blizzard Entertainment.Westwood new games sucks.

Red alert2 and its xpack where the worst RTS games ive ever seen. Not to mention the "buggy" Renegade.Probably also C&C: general will be abandoned and forgotten soon. Westwood should continue to work on his best serie of games: The Dune based games.

Emperor is the most balanced game I ever known. Besides these units, all units make an important role:

Contaminator, Saboteur, AA Mine

Everything has a counter, and what has no counter can be stopped by don't giving the opponent the chance to build the perfect attack

IM NOT A NooB!!! I play Emperor before you was born!

So Tell me how to stop an ATR. force of Minos,snipers,Mongooses and Air drone without your overpowered FEDS. This Atreides formation is invincible(If you add some Kinjals...even more invincible)

You're not a n00b, you're a newbie (read my signature)

1. Terenas77, emperor doesn't excist that long.

Tell me how to stop an ATR. force of Minos,snipers,Mongooses and Air drone without your overpowered FEDS

Yeah....right ::) :P

3. Prevent him/her from ever getting enough money to buy those, there are ALOT more but 1 is enough.

So Tell me how to stop an ATR. force of Minos,snipers,Mongooses and Air drone without your overpowered FEDS. This Atreides formation is invincible(If you add some Kinjals...even more invincible)

Laser Tanks.

Projections of all kind of lovely units.

Worms. (hmm, sorry, those are actually Fedaykin)

Deviators.

Kamikaze Scouts.

etc.

Well maybe isnt unstoppable but it is very difficult. And no other house has a so powerful combo, expecially Harkonnen that usually are wiped out even before reaching the targets >:(

And what about my Tlelaxu and fremen complaints???

Tlelaxu could have Face dancers assassins,Kamikaze ghola, or other cool genetic mutation instead of the slow, overpriced, ridicolous contaminator.

Instead Fremen are TOO strong. Feds can take care of almost anythig and costs only 250 solaris.The "great" Sardauker are no match for fremen. They are easily wiped out by frem snipers that costs half price.

For Timenn: Have you ever seen Warcraft3? THIS is a really BALANCED game where every unit has a purpose.

I know good Ordos rushes. That are more destroying then Atreides rushes. And the Ordos rushes are even cheaper.

And I've been beaten alot of times by powerful Harkonnen rushes, other then the Gunship Airstrike

And I agree that the Contaminator was a bad unit. But no game can be perfectly balanced. However, Emperor comes close. I have never played Warcraft III, so I'm not discussing that game.

Fedaykin are very easily countered by the Fremen Warriors. Who don't have to fear anything of Fedaykin. And Fedaykin are useless against camped (semi) instant anti infantry weaponry

I've seen many rushes backuped by Sardaukar. What made the rush much less vulnerable for countering.

ken, if you run with a scout in the middle of a Mino stack, they will all shoot the scout and THEMSELVES :)

Well maybe isnt unstoppable but it is very difficult. And no other house has a so powerful combo, expecially Harkonnen that usually are wiped out even before reaching the targets >:(

I wish i was a moderator of this forum, i would've changed that post into: do not bash other houses just because you're bad with them.

Something simular to that is even written in the rules >:(

Have you ever seen Warcraft3? THIS is a really BALANCED game where every unit has a purpose.

Ever tried playing against a Living person? yeah, all you need are three top lv heros and a couple of melee units to take out anyone...the game is crap...blizzard is crap (Except Diablo and Diablo 2)

Terenas,

This board is full of topics like "which house or subhouse or unit or combo of units is better or worse" etc.

Each and every one of those topics have led to almost unending discussions.

This is simply because each unit in the game has a counter--indicating the as-close-as-it-gets-to-perfect balance of the game.

Try enjoying the game as it is.

First WARCRAFT3 is the best RTS in the world

Second, Blizzard is the best company in the world

Third, Westwood is(was ;D) crap as its games except the dune based.

fourth, I play online on Bnet(REALLY REALLY BETTER THAN WOL) almost everyday and I can say that every singol detail is balanced in war3.

Fifth, it seems that everyone hates me here.

Calm down. People on these boards have strong feelings for EBFD. It is therefore normal for them to show reaction against your criticism of the game. For my part, I think your criticism isn't justified, and that's all. On the other hand, I believe everybody around here would agree with your assessment of WW.

I like Ebfd. It is one of the best RTS ever seen.It is near to perfection... but not perfect. It could have been perfect if westwood continued to support it with patches... or maybe releasing an X pack.

Well, i know many strategies for the great house harkonnen...but beating Atreides is for me more difficult than ordos unless i rush. Usually I kick atreides ass with Devastator drops, bye Construction yard, bye factory, bye starport=dead atreides