Political Correctness

Well I wont talk about the whole subjects about this, just a little of it and all ya guys can tell your opinions and add more if ya like :)

I have noticed that political correctness is a perfect tool for those who feel insecure. Those who feel inferior can create a veneer of superiority over others. or even equality. Democratic ideals mix with this as well. I have noticed this by reading The Screwtape Letters.

The problem with political correctness is it lowers the people who are confident in themselves and will become strong people in society. Conformity creates a bland society of dopplegangers. It makes it so that the worst of somebody is the level that everyone else is at. Genius and independance are destroyed and creates numbness. America seems to be faltering towards this. You can also see it in 1984. When all are placed in a sociallist position of equality where all becomes numb. what do you guys think? Agree that P.C. ideals are dangerous?

I believe in political correctness towards groups (homosexuals, black people etc) but why would you generalise everybody? You can give credit to those who excell at something as long as you don't start mistreating those who do not excell.

1984 was by George Orwell wasn't it?

Totally agree, bleh on those politically correct people who think they are morally superior to me and yell at me for calling a kid that was diagnosed with mental retardation a retard, now is that so bad? Or how about calling an African-American BLACK? Is it wrong to say someone is BLACK? I am white, he is black, she is red, ooo my soul will forever be shamed by such words.

IMO we should be able to call people what they are, not what they are not offended by. If a whole race is full of thieves, then we should call them thieves! But if they are not all thieves, then it would be more than being politically incorrect to call them thieves, it would be discrimination.

In my 'hood yo, we have a bunch of blacks who cause nothing but trouble, and Puerto Ricans who try to outdo the blacks, so is it wrong to look at the next black person or Rican who dresses like the others as someone I should take caution with?

prejudice is different. Independant thinking is completely different from hating other people. Why lower our own selves for others who feel themselves inferior or somehow feel a need to control others because they themselves dont feel equal? they are equal but become bitter because they themselves have an attitude problem.

Why even judge people on their skin color alone that is what you do when you say they (people of African decent) are black (and if you know anything their skin tones vary some are not even black, not even close to being black, in skin tone). Sometimes it has nothing to do with political correctness just better thinking. Some of us still carry the ways of our ignorant forefathers.

It is not bad to classify people as their skin color, what else are we going to say?

Look at that guy, uhh, with the red shirt?

Bob: Oh that guy? Or that guy? Which?

Um, the left one?

Bob: Oh that one.

Now we enter Skin color (oh jesus no please no!)

Look at that black guy, he has a nice red shirt.

Bob: Yeah I know, I want that one.

Tada...

Besides, who is getting hurt? NO ONE. Everybody that is black or brown, etc, calls the people with less pigmentation "White" e.g. Look at that white boy, That white guy is looking at you, etc.

What is politically correct in one country is not so in another. Take Zimbabwe. Being white (race) there, is being wrong, bad, evil and unwelcome. Period.

To me politics are mostly a great evil. It seem that where people are united by someone into a powerfull force, bad things often happen. i distrust the majority based democracy -> how can one be free if you are mostly forced to conform to the majority?

How do you know the real agenda of those in power? And what hidden forces cause them to unexpectedly make a u-turn on previous statements?

Why is tolerance the most cardinal issue of current political correctness?

How much are we willing to tolerate?

Moving between countries gives you a good view of how the majority are tended by the national news media like a herd of sheep, to the desired politically correct.

But perhaps that's just me being intolerant... :-

your an ass quondum geesh.lol You selectively discriminate all the time. You discriminate on who you hang out with, who you like, what you want for dinner, blah blah blah. Some people discriminate based on something that somebody was born with. I can almost guarintee if you saw my sister you would look twice like everybody else does because of how she looks different. Ignorance lies within those who are politically correct and dont even know their hidden flaws. Political correctness is a bandage over a problem that requires amputation.

The keyword is reasonable. And no double-standards either. Calling fat people weight challenged, or shor people vertically impaired is going way overboard. Forbidding the "N" word and words like it isn't, because they are demeaning terms associated with slavery and hate.

But as far as the black/African American debate goes, I think it's pretty illogical. For one thing, they can be black Jamacian or something like that. The term isn't even accurate. Secondly, it's a double standard. I am white. That is all. I am simply white, nobody says otherwise. Nobody calls me "Euro-Caucasian" or anything, so why call black people African-American?

A lot of the terms aren't even accurate. For example, the word Asian, automatically makes most people think Chinese, mongolian, Korean, Japanese, etc. when in fact the term includes Arabs, Indians, Philipinos, and Slavs/Russians.

In my mind there's such a thing as being too sensitive...

The keyword is reasonable. And no double-standards either. Calling fat people weight challenged, or shor people vertically impaired is going way overboard. Forbidding the "N" word and words like it isn't, because they are demeaning terms associated with slavery and hate.

But as far as the black/African American debate goes, I think it's pretty illogical. For one thing, they can be black Jamacian or something like that. The term isn't even accurate. Secondly, it's a double standard. I am white. That is all. I am simply white, nobody says otherwise. Nobody calls me "Euro-Caucasian" or anything, so why call black people African-American?

A lot of the terms aren't even accurate. For example, the word Asian, automatically makes most people think Chinese, mongolian, Korean, Japanese, etc. when in fact the term includes Arabs, Indians, Philipinos, and Slavs/Russians.

In my mind there's such a thing as being too sensitive...

Calling "Afro-American" is insultant to their nation. They bring all black into one group, altough they could be Hotentots, Botswans etc. There is still feeling of inferiority against these nations. By color they are negers as we are gajos for our Gypsies. But color is nothing, main is behavior. And that is too individual.

But color is nothing...

I could not agree more.... yes we are many colored people... but why define ourselves by our color?

I thinik Warren Beatty said it best in Bulworth.

Bulworth sums up his philosophy this way

"Everybody just gotta keep f*cking everybody else till we're all the same color."

Seems that would sove the whole race issue then wouldnt it.... but think about that in retospect... if we all traced our roots back wouldnt we start as the same color?!

Well just throw mamma from the train blind-folded why don't you. I would also agree that some of the political correctness is unnecessary (vertically-impaired?) and rightly so but when I spoke on the term of racial indentification (people of African decent) it was/is different. It has nothing to do with being 'sensitive' it has to do with a prejuduce stigma with the reasons others have called them (Americans of African decent) black. It has always sounded like an object. It is like the misuse of the N-word when the actual word ment something totally different (and was also spelled different). Correctness is what that was about. And my thoughts on this subject proceeded before this age of political correctness.