We've talked about your dream cast for Dune, but who would you have direct?

Mahdi

stanley kubrick would be the best in my opinion. Very intelligent and slow, Methodical. plus he is just my favorite director and love all of his movies.lol

also... as weird as it sounds, I would like to see akira kirasawa do the battle cinamatics. He is the greatest action director of all time in my opinion.

exactly. Its just a matter of taste. I look at Dune as a cold and morbid tale. Perfect for Kubrick in my opinion. Or maybe Wolfgang Peterson. Another great director would be Alex Proyas who did The Crow and Dark City. It needs good mood and atmosphere.

Only thing TMA_1 Kubrick is dead. David Fincher is a good director. Akria Kirasawau is one of best dierectors of epic movies. Finding a good director for another version of Dune would be no easy task. Whoever you choose has to be a storyteller (complex story) and has to film the picture well, top notch movie making.

oh I am very aware of that quondum.lol But this is a fantasy thread. So anything goes director wise. A new Dune woul dnt be made anyways. so its just who I think would do best. I am starting to really think Alex Proyas would do best. He did The Crow and Dark City. Both had great mood and good set direction. I think he would be perfect for Dune.

• 3 weeks later...

Micheal Bay directed Armegeddon, t Ridley Scott. Ridley's the guy who was supposed to direct Dune before Lynch, but his budget was way to high. He also wanted Alia to be the daughter of Paul and Jessica after there first night in the desert.

oh thats right! duh I didnt mean armageddon, I meant The Gladiator. I couldnt stand it. And though some say bladerunner was good, others think differently.lol

Also mahdi, was that the screen play similar to Jedorosky's one? Because thats what he wanted to do as well.