Star Trek: Armada II

DukeLeto

I only played aramada 2 demo

I do have Armada 1 though.

Well what can i say... very nice graphix. The game does not deserve a price for originality or whatsoever but it was good to have a fun star trek rts. The campaign is pretty cool and also custom battles are cool. Unfortunately the music is kinda bad and that could've been done a lot better since it has so many movies and stuff.

Still the game is pretty relaxing to play, but not half as strategic as many other games. The borgs are fun to play with, irritating to play against... holding beams and assimilator beams... god i hate those things.

I only played aramada 2 demo

I do have Armada 1 though.

Well what can i say... very nice graphix. The game does not deserve a price for originality or whatsoever but it was good to have a fun star trek rts. The campaign is pretty cool and also custom battles are cool. Unfortunately the music is kinda bad and that could've been done a lot better since it has so many movies and stuff.

Still the game is pretty relaxing to play, but not half as strategic as many other games. The borgs are fun to play with, irritating to play against... holding beams and assimilator beams... god i hate those things.

Don't get aramada 2 then i wouldn't recomend it for what its selling for. its like a copy of the first one. but with better units latnem <Used to trade like money> Its to much like the first one.

I got this game recently- it's sooooo cool O0

Finally, 3D movement! And Cardassians! Join Cardies or die! O0

I got Armada I too (it was in a multi game pack, I got Elite Force too) but sound is distorted with that :(

Well. its a lot like the first one. I wouldn't recomend geting it if you din't like the first one. Think of it like a huge upgrade with new units and everthing. But baseicly the same game.

On the other hand if you din't get either i would recomend geting the 2 one. Since it is funner. and for about the same price.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to play this game a lot but the coolest faction is definitely Cardassian O0

But in the series they did not have cloacking devices like they do in Armada II.

perhaps the singleplayer story or the manual will explain

I think torpedo turrets are to powerful, and I wish the stand ground order actually worked >:(

What game? the first or second?

I found on the first one if your borg on a 1 vs 1 map with astroids and a wormhole. well lol you can make a buch of turrents right near the wormhole. Just make sure you have inf Minurils turned on. and your computer isn't borg or Romulin<They have Sience vessles that can move though rocks> And lol. you got them beat preety much! with just 1 wormhole. and turrents and scaner things around it. they can't get in! while meanwhile your building up borg cubes and that trasnwarp building! ;D try that some time if you have the first 1 just make sure you got all of the setings right. and most importently be quick to get those turrents! and don't forget the ones that can scan!

Try this some time on the first one! ;D :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Armada II, especially Tactical Fusion Cubes (almost unbeatable). I say loved for a reason:

My computer is less than a year old. I downloaded the Star Wars Vs. Star Trek Mod for Armada II (The one for Armada I rocks). After I installed this 44MB mod (which took 5 hours to dl on 56k), I decided to try it out immediately. I apparently do not have a 3D8 Accelerator Video Card needed for the Mod. Funny, I thought that I had that video card, but it says I don't. I can't only uninstall the mod, if I want to get it off I have to uninstall the whole game now. *growls*

Wanna play a wicked starwars vs. startrek mod? Try the one for homeworld.

The best mods for homeword however are the independent Star Wars Academy and Star Trek mods. They're incredible. Probably the best mod i've ever seen. Maybe not as enteraining as counter strike. But more impressive nonetheless

SFC III? ehm.. you must be mistaking. Never heard of it.

You probably mean SFC II. I did not play it. But i do have SFC I. Which is almost the same. Realy nice game. Good graphix and nice action. Only the energy management can be quite irritating at times

editet from here:

hmm ok, i indeed found it. But it was not created by interplay right? Cuz they only have license on the old generation. As far as i've seen now, SFC III is about the next generation of star trek, and only activision has that license

unbelievable, i never heard of it. Never read about it in game magazines, and it says that already an add on has been released

another edit:

ah i c. The game is for download, only 26 megabytes. hmmm i wonder what kind of game it is. SFC 1 was kinda cool. only a bit hard though. But it had that great star trek feeling.