The Descent Into Chaos: Corrino's Revenge 2

DukeLeto

Yep, after CR 1.0 is released, there will be a new mod, kind of expanding on CR's storyline. This one will go leaps and bounds further, though. Every side will be replaced.

Atreides: Ix

Harkonnen: Tleilexu

Ordos: Corrino (Well, duh!)

Here is the basic story:

It has been 5 years of uneasy peace after House Corrino decimated Atreides and Harkonnen in "Corrino's Revenge". The Lion Throne has remained uncontested. Until now...

In a swift move from the darkness, and with alarming speed, the Bene Tleilexu have taken their Minor House to new heights, and are now actively engaging Sardaukar forces.

But House IX cannot allow this to happen. They and the Tleilexu have been bitter rivals for centuries, and now will do whatever it takes to stop a Tleilexu from obtaining the Lion Throne.

So now, the universe is once more thrown into turmoil. Who will triumph to bee the Imperial House? Will there even be an Imperium left?

Ok, so what do you think? Also, I still need ideas for the new subhouses (2, Smugglers will remain), and unit ideas too. Suggestions & applications to help are greatly appreciated.

I came up with an idea for a subhouse. Its sounds kinda dum but how about the Harvesters Guild? They have harvesting equipment like these:

Stealthed Carryall

Fast Harvester

Reinforced Harvester

Stealthed Harvester

High Capacity Harvester

You could make slightly different textures for each. Like I said, to you that may sound stupid.

Guild of Pilots. Elite pilots with retextured types of the Gunship, Orni, ADP, and the Drone.

I came up with an idea for a subhouse. Its sounds kinda dum but how about the Harvesters Guild? They have harvesting equipment like these:

Stealthed Carryall

Fast Harvester

Reinforced Harvester

Stealthed Harvester

High Capacity Harvester

You could make slightly different textures for each. Like I said, to you that may sound stupid.

No, that sounds like a good idea! But how do you do this:"You could make slightly different textures for each." ???

Guild of Pilots. Elite pilots with retextured types of the Gunship, Orni, ADP, and the Drone.

That's a good one, too!

So unit ideas? Other suggestions? Anyone?

For the harvesters you could make little symbols on the side to indicate what type they are? Or nothing. But here are some unit ideas for the Guild of Pilots:

PG Ornithopter (light but fast)

PG Gunship (heavy but slow)

PG ADP (faster then original)

PG Drone (Faster, doesn't circle, and can fire at ground units, but with lighter armor)

Textures for these could just be new colors.

ah calm down ghosty, this forum sees little use as it is =)

as for the textures thing, say you wanted to have 2 hkadps, each with different textures.

You might edit the original textures to make them look different. Then copy the XBF and open it in a hex editor. find the name of the texture in the XBF file and change it to a new texture that you will use (must be the same number of letters as the original texture) and then save it. Rename the XBF to something else and apply it in the ARTINI.

I think thats what youre asking, but i could be wrong...

ah ok

remember the XBF has to always remain the SAME number of characters (letters etc)

so if you want to use a different texture, make sure its the same number of letters as the original!

Also when editing the XBF, say you wanted to change =G_infantry_256.tga to LO_infantry_256.tga (notice same number of letters) youd select =G_infantry_256.tga (ie drag mouse over or hold shift and select with arrow keys) and THEN type in the new name of the new textures.

leto so you want help in ur mod? (btw i can get ya something you might need ;))

Help? Sure, but mainly texturing. I'll do code work, but I'm a bit burnt out on texturing after CR.

Mainly, HK textures just need a dark greenish-tint added to them. The Streides colors should work fine for IX, but if perhaps you could remove those dumb flags/eagle heads.