Single player challenge!

emprworm

Could you believe a challenge with single player? Yup. And I want to see SS as proof.

the settings:

8 Player

Fisher Plain

Level: Hard

All 7 computer Players are Competent - any house you choose

All 8 players will have fremen + sard subhouses (including YOU)

SW ON (preferrably)

The challenge:

Who can win the game with the LOWEST economy and STILL have more kills than all 7 computer opponents?

I want screenshots of the final score. I want to see high kill rates, with LOW economy. Remember: no guild, no IX, no thileaxu.

the key to this challenge is winning with low economy. not going to be easy

also, no exploits or bugs. I can't stop you from using them, i can only trust you wont use them.

With your win, please make the following statements:

"I promise that I did not purposely keep any enemy alive just to camp outside his barracks and rack up free kills"

"I promise that I did not use any bugs or exploits"

One last thing: please post two screenshots: one screenshot shows the settings, the other shows the final score (also you can post a third showing that "victory is yours!")

an example of the first screenshot: http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/start.jpg

you must have the most kills in your game or it doesn't count. You must also win or it doesn't count.

Good luck.

Hehe, I was trying to convince some people in strategy a little while ago that 8 opponents hard was indeed hard. Nice that you agree

But about the kills, you can get them as high as you want by not destroying the last enemies Barracks and economy, and to kill all new-build infantery

But it stays a big challenge :)

i did 2 games just the other day with the same settings you gave and in the first i won with over 2000 kills and less then 300 losses in the second game i got whopped for a bad place but i didnt give up i started with 1 leech and ended up with over 100 and 20 of them were lvl 1-3 it was really nice but got boring so i quitted

But about the kills, you can get them as high as you want by not destroying the last enemies Barracks and economy, and to kill all new-build infantery

i know this, but o well. the main point is that by having the most kills you will at least have to be out there killing stuff.

the key to this challenge is winning with low economy. not going to be easy

also, no exploits or bugs. I can't stop you from using them, i can only trust you wont use them.

One last thing: please post two screenshots: one screenshot shows the settings, the other shows the final score (also you can post a third showing that "victory is yours!")

an example of the first screenshot: http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/start.jpg

you must have the most kills in your game or it doesn't count. You must also win or it doesn't count.

also, if anyone is going to be really honorable, you will give a statement with your win that says:

"I promise that I did not purposely keep any enemy alive just to camp outside his barracks and rack up free kills"

wow, its already been 5 hours and not one person has posted a results to this challenge. i guess it really is hard!

cmon all you wimps. lets see someone try this. Or are you not even good enough to beat 7 computer opponents on hard level...regardless of economy?

he he. wimps.

p.s. i have not done it yet and will begin my attempt later tonight.

wow, its already been 5 hours and not one person has posted a results to this challenge. i guess it really is hard!

cmon all you wimps. lets see someone try this. Or are you not even good enough to beat 7 computer opponents on hard level...regardless of economy?

he he. wimps.

Hehe, well if you haven't done it, you're a wimp too. Insulting yourself - how amusing ;D

he he. wimps.

I've been busy with homework today, and most of my free time is currently spent on modding Emperor.

hmmm well i guess no one is up for the challenge! it really is not as easy as you think.

Well here is my results for my first attempt:

I met all the requirements of the challenge- I had the most kills and I did not use any bugs nor did I once deliberately keep an enemy alive just to rack up free kills. Whenever I had the ability to wipe out an opponent, I wiped him out.

Here were my initial settings: as you can see they meet the requirements:

http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/challenge/settz.jpg

Here is a picture of my units in action! (since this was a low economy game for me, I tried to get the majority of my kills with just a few select units)

http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/challenge/smokin.jpg

Proof that I won the game (with those same units I might add! lol :) )

http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/challenge/victory.jpg

And....My final score!!

http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/challenge/score.jpg

My final economy and your target to beat: 115222

Ok, good luck to anyone who tries!

p.s. I know that my score is very beatable because there were a few times in the game where I took a lot of needless losses, forcing me to 're-apply' my harvesters.

It is a nice challenge and i will try it, but the risk of fraud is very high.

Not even the screenshots you mentioned can proof that you ever played the challenge by the rules on the fisher plain map.

heh, someone must be a real loser if he actually wants to fake a screenshot just to post it on the board.

yes im taht bored

i have SS but dunno how to post.

1461 kills, 271 losses, 178484 bucks.

though i had about 50k saved up at the end. I stopped harvesting after i had about 60k though i coulda stopped sooner.

I dont have the initial SS.. the setup one but take it on my honor that i did all as worm said.

next time i stop harvesting earlier and make less units... damn hard to keep those lasers alive vs other lasers and sards tho. and i also noticed sneaky ass worm done stole a hark nuke in his game... i was pretty surprised in my game actually, only one opponent made a palace.

guess worm got more kills cause it took him longer to kill the enemy ehhe sucka.

Oooh, i just got my economy down by about 30k!

Man im making this very hard for you. Check out this score!!!

(this time I was harkonnen)

http://www.songwave.com/dune/jpgs/challenge/score2.jpg

NEW SCORE TO BEAT: 78602

he he. WHOS DA WORM?

*points to himself as everyone cheers*

(Promise:

I did not purposely keep anyone alive to get free kills. Whenever I could eliminate an opponent, I did so.

I used no exploits.)

yoyoyooooo

Im the WORM Master Emprworm muhahahahaha 8)

New target : 53310

Good luck ;D

(Promise:

I did not purposely keep anyone alive to get free kills. Whenever I could eliminate an opponent, I did so.

I used no exploits.)

Damn upload directory is full :-

Tell me when its ok, then i ll post the screenshots.

lol I tried it too but I still got an economy well above 200k...and I didnt even build a second ref (I stole it when I rushed the first neighbor with 8 gazz and 2 engies ;D)

I got screenies, but I dont think i need to post them, since the economy is a big fat beast lol

he he. wimps.

Wimps just because people don't seem to want to try beating 7 competent AI players on hard mode? :O Don't you think that's a little extreme? Ok when I go offline several hours from now (or if I get d/c >:() I will try your challenge, just like I tried the Knife Fight base challenge. I will go as Ordos, and kill all 7 AI with 1 fully upgraded refinery. Provided the comp doesn't lag like hell when the AI block their own factories with walls. ::)