Contentment with the simple things

TMA_1

Ecclesiasties is a great book. It shows to be content not with the neat things that bring you happiness in this life but the future one to come. Any of you guys ever had problems with trying to find pleasure on this earth?

I couldn't find anyone with remotely similar interests to myself. This forum was great, everyone likes Dune. This site really gave me stuff to work at and think about. I have never really been totally content though, I have always wanted money, more so then most. I feel that I cant live without every possible amnesty.

Sometimes I feel frustrated, thinking that I need to accomplish something in my life out of the ordinary or else my entire life would be just a waste of time.

I certainly know THAT feeling... I hate feeling so small and insignificant!

When you exit Boot Camp you exit a new man(woman), with a certain feeling only soldiers can have the oppurtunity to encounter. Even if it is 4 years, you will feel a part of your beloved nation and actually feel to have accomplished something :)

A soilder can fire a round that kills a enemy soilder. A newphew to a general. Causing him to lose moral after learning the death of his nephew he will slowly begin to lose hope in the war and his forces will surender.

Or a plane can drop a bomb on the last bridge conecting a city with the country side, cutting off its suply line. the city could starve to death and surender with much of a fight.

a single soilder can make a difference.

Ecclesiasties is a great book. It shows to be content not with the neat things that bring you happiness in this life but the future one to come. Any of you guys ever had problems with trying to find pleasure on this earth?

Ecclesiasties is a book in the old testmeant. i'm not sure exactly what its about. i assume you know TMA ???

The best way that i have found to rase self asteam is to <Only christans> Wittnes. also lots of joy in it that your keeping people from going to hell. Has to stay content. I have no idea. I guess work don't be a computer bug <Someone that spends all or allmost all time on his or her computer> only play stuff in wich you have *REAL FUN*. that'l keep you content at lest.

EDIT - i know what you guys are gonna say. but its hard to explan. you just have to wittness to know what its like.

Its about King Solomon and how he becomes empty inside because of searching in all the wrong places. He looks for happiness by wisdom in the sciences and arts, by gaining wealth, by women and many other things. He finds that it all goes away when we die, so happiness in material things is pointless. Unbelievers only have the temporary things. Believers though should focus on God because our heavenly gifts will last for eternity. it is the only thing worth something.

killing someone won't realy make you proud i guess... what would make me proud as a soldier is that i know i'm serving my country..

but do any of you think that in WW2 the allies LIKED to kill germans? No, but because they knew they would serve world freedom with that they did it.

killing someone won't realy make you proud i guess... what would make me proud as a soldier is that i know i'm serving my country..

but do any of you think that in WW2 the allies LIKED to kill germans? No, but because they knew they would serve world freedom with that they did it.

Actually a lot of them did like it, just like a lot of germans liked killing minority groups.

Actually a lot of them did like it, just like a lot of germans liked killing minority groups.

The Amercians might have liked it out of vengeance, but not because they like to kill somebody.

Germans Idem Dito. Hitler just made them believe that they were superior.

Ahem. Back on topic please.

I can be happy with what I got, but it's starting to get difficult when you see some people earn loads of cash while not earning a cent of it. I mean celebrities like Britney Spears who don't even write their own songs, don't have a spec of talent yet earn enough money to buy Canada.