Age of Chaos III !!!!!!!!

exatreide

Dude, you really need to cool down, and stay realistic. First you post something that your ships can take on dozens of other ships and that you have thousends of them at your command, then you attack, destroy one of my worlds without provocation. You ordered my ships to attack yours (having no permission from me at all), then whine when Sard does the same to you (accidentily). This kind of shameless god modding is exactly why I left the previous thread and caused its eventual demise. I sense I may have to leave this thread as well in the near future.

Oh, and exactly how could my vessels fire those overpowered assimilation beams you are talking about?

The RFS Alexander warped into the solar system Osiris, responding to a destress call. Along came a squadron of 10 destroyers. Everything seemed to be fine, strangely enough.

The science officer analysed the readings he received from the ships sensor array. There were 3 battlecruisers already in the system, as well as 4 destroyers.

"Captain, something is wrong with the other Republican ships here. The power signatures do not match with Republican regulations and I am getting no response from them. Wait...the lead ship, the RFS Ukraine, is powering up weapons!"

Verbic analyses the situation. The other ships had apperently been affected by an alien scheme. She could not afford to risk the safety of her ship, let alone the Republic.

"Target their weapons system and fire!"

The leutanant at the gunnery chair wondered what the hell she was thinking, but obeyed nonetheless. A fierce volley of anti matter torpedoes impacted the infected Republican ships and knocked out its weapons, along with its main power conduits.

"Mr. Harris, hail the ship and tell it to surrender."

"No response, captain."

The science officer looked at his screen again.

"Captain, the other ships are coming this way! They haven't responded to my hails and are powering weapons!"

"Open channel to our destroyers.

Gentlemen, the ships in this sector have been either infected or seized by the enemy. We must consider our safety first priority here. Try to disable their weapons and engines, but destroy them if they force us."

Following was a brief but fierce firefight between the infected ships and the ships under command of captain Verbic. The RFS Alexander dashed forward and fired its disruptors on the infected vessel RFS Cobra. A more or less lucky shot destroyed their anti matter containment section and the ship blowed into a million pieces. Several other ships fired red coloured beams at the Alexander but they were skillfully dodged. The loyal destroyers made a strifing run and disabled 4 of the infected ships. One of the destroyer was impacted by an enemy torpedoe and flew further, with disabled helm. Then it was hit by the enemy assimilation beam and converted. The Alexander and the destroyers made a fierce dash, while making evasive manouvres. Then a nearby space station fired weapons as well. But they were destroyed by a torpedo volley from a Republican destroyer. A few minutes later most of the infected vessels were disabled or destroyed before they could fully charge their assimilation beams, but 7 Republican destroyers were lost in the process. The remaining infected ships, completely defenseless and unable to attack, charged their warp engines. This took more effort then usual because they were damaged.

Captain Verbic raised from her chair.

"Fire all weapons on those ships! Destroy them!"

The first officer of the Alexander, William Noroth, stould up.

"Belay that order! We do not destroy our own vessels like that!"

Verbic, realising there was no time to spare before their warp engines were charged, pushed the gunnery officer aside and launched the torpedoes herself. The impact of the torpedoes caused core breaches on the remaining vessels and they were destroyed utterly.

Noroth looked at Verbic as if she was a traitor. Verbic felt anger flow inside her.

"Those ships could have repaired their weapons system and infected civilians. They had to be wiped out."

"We could have treated them! You don't cure a disease by wiping out the patients!"

"Commander, I will have no more words from you. If you ever question my orders like that again you will be releived of duty."

Noroths eyes were full of anger, but he said calmy yet full of anger,

"Yes sir."

Verbic looked at the sciece officer.

"Captain, there are hyperspace distorsions in the system. The shadows were here."

So it was them. They used this, this plague as a weapon.

"Notify fleet command. Head back to Romulus, warp factor 9. Engage."

There were no more disputes between Noroth and captain Verbic. But she realised that he would not let himself get set aside next time. She wondered if it would become necessary to replace him.

Republic fleet

10 Alexander class battlecruiser

497 battlecruisers of older types

3,003 destroyer class vessels

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

12 operational shipyards

34 operational mining sites = 34,000 RC per post

Current construction

10 mining facilities (complete next post)

20 shipyards (complete next post)

an additional 10 mining facilities

an additonal 5 shipyards

12 Alexander class battlecruisers

Current research

Disruptor upgrade at 55 %, rising 15 % each post

Deciphering of Ancient language at 30 %, rising 10 % each post

Republican Credits savings

599,995 RC

Message to the UWR send by Sol'Sard

[hide]To the leader of the UWR

The Sol clan congratulate you on your victory over the Shadows, and I surgesst that we can make a trade aggrement to celebrate.

walk in the light.

Sol'Sard[/hide]

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 3

8 battleships

12 crusiers Including the Iron Griffen

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

income: no income as the caln is in UWR space

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Production options : Price

Battleships 20.000 firebirds

Crusiers 10.000 firebirds

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Merchant ships 5.000 firebirds

Dargor class 3.000 firebirds

Arwald class 1.500 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

income: 0

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Upgrade to worldcraft level 2: 30.000

APC 1.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

140.000 firebirds

income: merchantships x 300 = 6000

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Dude, you really need to cool down, and stay realistic. First you post something that your ships can take on dozens of other ships and that you have thousends of them at your command, then you attack, destroy one of my worlds without provocation. You ordered my ships to attack yours (having no permission from me at all), then whine when Sard does the same to you (accidentily). This kind of shameless god modding is exactly why I left the previous thread and caused its eventual demise. I sense I may have to leave this thread as well in the near future.

I understand what you are saying but i think its kind of differnt when you have thousands of ships and i have 16. in the entire deminsion. I just dont like it when other people say my people launched a atack, and when my people are defending. I aplogize for any misunderstanding and hope to continue this thread.

A single shadow vessel overwatched a battle bewtween a infected light firiget and the overwlemng numbers of UWR atack force. They may be able to defeat them, but its atleast a stalling tactic.

The infected friget fired its infection beam but was impacted by a plasma torpedo, the beam nearroly missed a destroyer and missed anything completly.

The friget exploded in a red fireball. Something was wrong though, the shadow scanners detected a clocked fleet of 15 infected ships 6 fighters,3 frigets,2 destroyers,2 crusiers, and one heavy battleship declocked right beside the shadow vessel,

Shadow vessels are resistent to numerous infection beam atacks, but something was differnt about the infection beams, The shadow vessel fired on the nearest infected friget, cutting it in half with its fusion cutter. The other infected vessels fired there infection weapons.

The shadows mind twisted and deformed overwelmed by the infection beams.

He tryed to activate the self destruct to stop the beast from gaining the shadow ship but couldnt, the shadows last though was of there original homeworld.....so close...yet so far away.

The beast now control a shadow vessel.

"Thisssss is not a goood thing. Telar." Ora said over her ship to ship narroband com thingy, in hyperspace.

"No it is not, if the beast control a ssshadow vessel, and modify it to fire the infection weapon theire good be caossss. There is only one thing we can do." He replyed

"We must destroy are breathen, are infected breathen, we may have unleashed a plaqe that even we are not able to stop. If they can infect are ships..."

"Yes my breathren we musssssst do something ssooon to ssstop what we started. I must go contact the younger racesss. We may need there assitence.."

"We may..."

Oras ship left hyperspace, And stoped infront of a military convoy of the UWR.

Its weapons not charged. It sent a messege to the leading ship.

"We are the shadows we wisssh to speak with you."

Three thousand shadow vesssels opened up hyperspace jump points above there homworld in the feared ones deminsions.

the relife force sent to stop the massive feared ones atack.

50,000 feared ones ships atacked a weak spot in the shaodow lines, before the could be stoped they atacked the shadow suply worlds and ship yards, then they picked off the unsuported worlds one by one, overwelming in shadow counter atack with sheer numbers, they aproched the homeworld. 30,000 shadow vessels waited for them. The last of 300,000 at the start of the war.

The battle had been costly for both sides, the shadows faught with a kind of fanataical desperation that the feared ones had never seen before. Rammming there damaged ships into the feared ones craft.

Phasers and torpedos were placed on asteroids and used as firing basses to try to stop the feared ones.

half way through the battle the shadow numbers have been cut in half.

and the feared ones number have been reduced to 24,000

As the leader of the convoy, captain Verbic read through the message. They expressed wishes to speak with the Republic. What could the shadows possibly want from them? However, Verbic didn't have the authority to speak for the Republic or the fleet.

"Mr. Hawkins, open a channel to the shadow vessel.

Shadow, if you wish to speak with our leaders, I can arrange that. You will stay here and I will send for a representative of our government."

"Message sent sir."

The shadow ship send a reply, stating they were willing to wait. Captain Verbic adressed the communications officer again.

"Send a priority one message to fleet command, containing the following:

Admirals, we have established contact with a non agressive shadow ship that wishes a dialogue with you. They are waiting for a representative to be sent."

Admiral Kerensky walked to the bridge of the RFS Constantinople. Captain Verbic of the Alexander send a message that the shadows wished for a meeting. Kerensky volunteered to represent the Republic in this meeting, and the other admirals agreed. He entered the bridge, and he was welcomed by the captain of the ship, James Orwald.

"Welcome to the Constantinople, admiral." the captain saluted.

"At ease, captain. You know our destination, so would you please give orders to depart?"

"Yes, admiral. Johnson, engage, maximum warp."

2 hours later the RFS Constantinople appeared in the Appolo system. Visibible were a large group of Republican ships, and more importantly, a shadow vessel.

"Open channel to the shadow ship" Kerensky said.

Meanwhile, the prime minster of the Republic, Wesley Tanner sends this message to the Sol clan.

To Sol' Sard,

we would also like to establish a trade agreement. Merchants of yours will be free to travel to UWR space and offer their goods. Traveling to the surface of our planets is allowed as well. Furthermore, we would like to know wich goods you offer. Our main exportable goods are:

Ale from Remus (famous for its fabulous taste)

Dashium (metal, commonly used because of its endurance)

Republican engines (both energy conserving and powerful)

Regards,

Wesly tanner, prime minister of the United Worlds Republic

Republic fleet

10 Alexander class battlecruiser

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

32 operational shipyards

44 operational mining sites = 44,000 RC per post

Current construction

10 mining facilities (complete next post)

5 shipyards (complete next post)

12 Alexander class battlecruisers (complete next post)

64 destroyers

an additional 10 shipyards

an additional 20 mining facilities

Current research

Disruptor upgrade at 70 %, rising 15 % each post

Deciphering of Ancient language at 40 %, rising 10 % each post

Republican Credits savings

502,000 RC

(OOC: thanks 'nuker, now I'm going to make money)

upon receving the message sol'Sard replies whit this message.

Greetings Wesly'Tanner.

I'm glad that my merchants may trade whit you people, but I'm afraid that I have no idea what my merchants can trade you instead, you see the merchant houses guard any info of what they have for trade whit great zeal. But I'm sure that they have many goods from the clansunion to offer, and ofcause our own Mezon engines (you know the cold fusion stuff), and surely if your own trader will pay you can get our anti-devices. (the things that negates the time lapser effect inside a small area) now about your own engines, I'm afraid that our Mezon engines are more efficent that them, but if you don't mind my traders can buy them and sell them in the clansunion. But you ale anbd metal sounds good.

Sol'Sard

(OOC: you may have noticed that Sol'Sard calls Wesley Tanner Wesly'Tanner, it's is because the Argonians metions ther clan mane (something like our surname) so Sol'Sard really means Sard of the Sol clan, so Sard belives that Wesley Tanner means Tanner of the Wesley clan.

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 3

8 battleships

12 crusiers Including the Iron Griffen

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

income: 500 X 25 for the clansunion goods sold the the UWR + 1000 X 25 for the UWR goods sold to the clansunion

Nam clan

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

income: 0

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

140.000 firebirds

income: merchantships x 300 = 6000

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

To Sol'Sard, leader of the Sol clan,

it is settled then. My government garantues the safety of any Argonian travelers in our territory.

My government wishes to make a trade. We wish to purchase the knowledge to construct these mezo engines of yours (this would allow us to build them ourselves quicker then analysing your engines ourselves). We offer 100,000 Republican Credits in return.

To accomodate our merchants we have set up a public transportation service that will ferry them and their goods. The first traders shall depart to your empire shortly.

Regards,

Wesley Tanner, prime minister of the UWR

Republic fleet

22 Alexander class battlecruisers

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

37 operational shipyards

54 operational mining sites = 54,000 RC per post

Current construction

64 destroyers (complete next post)

10 shipyards (complete next post)

20 mining facilities (complete next post)

an additonal 25 mining facilities

Current research

Disruptor upgrade at 85 %, rising 15 % each post

Deciphering of Ancient language at 50 %, rising 10 % each post

Merchants fleet

1 transport carrier

Republican finances

296,000 RC savings

44,000 RC from mines

0 RC from merchandise (ship is still en route)

The shadow vessel sent a messege back to the UWR ships.

"Ussss can not leave are shipsss us are bonded with shipssss for life. Sssooo we must comincuate without phyiscally being together. I regreat thisss. I would alsssoo like to apologize for some of the actionsss of are fellow breahren. We went to warn heliouss of the impending dissaster. but once we arived we learned that you already evacuated. The beasst was in the planet we do not know how or why but he wasss there. You have ssseeen there destructiveness and deadlyness in battle. We did not want any of your ships to find it. You do not undersstand the beast as we do. We faught them when your race was nothing more than furry possems leaping through the jungle. Yess we moniterd you. And we moniterd the other races. to keep you away from the beasst and other such dangers that you hopefully will never learn about. We are the last race left in this galaxy. The other ancients have left...gone beyond the rim of the galaxy. Even are old enemie and friend left long ago. We are the sheperds to you. Letting you go mostly whare you wisssh. But keeping you from falling into a vally of your demisse. Are own breathren grew angery at your own atack Kain and Leta atacked your world with many of the other dissident angry shadows. Pleasse do not take there actionsss as the entire shadow people. They were punishhed severly. They resited though and re awoken the terrible sentient beast that we so feared, and infected the younger races. Thissss was a terrible thing to do, you know nothing of the deadlyness of the beast how it can infect entire planets at timess.

Kain left us. in fear of his life, even though we are few in numbers we try to fallow are rules. He was exiled from hyperspace his engines removed and destroyed.

He must have intangeld in a battle with the beast, and became overwelmed.

for he was consumed into the overwelming might of the beast.

With a shadow ship they can almost certinlly duplicate the tecnlogy, graft shadow armor on newly infected ships, or build shadow ships of there own. We know that you are having trouble with them yourselvs. So I have been sent to offer peace between are waring factions in this age of caos. Are estimates state that if they due duplicate the shadow tech, which from the timeframe giveen they already have. this entire sector of space. will be consumed into the beast withen 3 months."

Kerensky felt a chil coming over him as he listened to the shadows words. He didn't doubt they were true. A fate worse then death was luring at them. The fall of the Republic would mean the eventual demise of humankind. When the shadow finished talking, he said something in return.

"Shadow, I am an admiral and was sent to judge your sincerity and motives. I will report back to the prime minister, of who I am sure will see the necessity of an alliance. You will hear of him shortly."

The RFS Constantinople charged the warp engines and flew back to the capitol world Romulus.

The research on disruptor upgrades has been finished. Most of the ships will be refitted with vastly improved plasma disruptors.

Republic fleet

3,067 destroyer class vessels

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

47 operational shipyards

74 operational mining sites = 74,000 RC per post

Current construction

20 mining facilities (complete next post)

an additonal 25 mining facilities

Current research

Deciphering of Ancient language at 60 %, rising 10 % each post

Merchants fleet

1 transport carrier

Republican fincances

74,000 RC from mines (projected)

2,000 RC from merchandise (projected)

100,000 RC savings (current)

Thanks to Argonian tech a small Elvish fleet is ready. Sorrel has asked Arwald for a way to communicate with the UWR and ask for a peace treaty and trade with them also.

Elvish fleet: 10 transport ships (magic users inside provide only defense), 2 battleships, and five escorting class destroyers.

The shadow vessel sent a messege back to the UWR ships.

"Ussss can not leave are shipsss us are bonded with shipssss for life. Sssooo we must comincuate without phyiscally being together. I regreat thisss. I would alsssoo like to apologize for some of the actionsss of are fellow breahren. We went to warn heliouss of the impending dissaster. but once we arived we learned that you already evacuated. The beasst was in the planet we do not know how or why but he wasss there. You have ssseeen there destructiveness and deadlyness in battle. We did not want any of your ships to find it. You do not undersstand the beast as we do. We faught them when your race was nothing more than furry possems leaping through the jungle. Yess we moniterd you. And we moniterd the other races. to keep you away from the beasst and other such dangers that you hopefully will never learn about. We are the last race left in this galaxy. The other ancients have left...gone beyond the rim of the galaxy. Even are old enemie and friend left long ago. We are the sheperds to you. Letting you go mostly whare you wisssh. But keeping you from falling into a vally of your demisse. Are own breathren grew angery at your own atack Kain and Leta atacked your world with many of the other dissident angry shadows. Pleasse do not take there actionsss as the entire shadow people. They were punishhed severly. They resited though and re awoken the terrible sentient beast that we so feared, and infected the younger races. Thissss was a terrible thing to do, you know nothing of the deadlyness of the beast how it can infect entire planets at timess.

Kain left us. in fear of his life, even though we are few in numbers we try to fallow are rules. He was exiled from hyperspace his engines removed and destroyed.

He must have intangeld in a battle with the beast, and became overwelmed.

for he was consumed into the overwelming might of the beast.

With a shadow ship they can almost certinlly duplicate the tecnlogy, graft shadow armor on newly infected ships, or build shadow ships of there own. We know that you are having trouble with them yourselvs. So I have been sent to offer peace between are waring factions in this age of caos. Are estimates state that if they due duplicate the shadow tech, which from the timeframe giveen they already have. this entire sector of space. will be consumed into the beast withen 3 months."

The same messege was sent to sards ships.

from a differnt Shadow. Teaolo's ship.

OOC: Sard, are you giving me blueprints for your engines?

To the shadow leader(s),

It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that my government has ractified the alliance proposal with you. May our cooperation result in peace and happiness for both our peoples.

Regards,

Wesley Tanner, prime minister of the United Worlds Republic

To Sorrel,

We are happy that you share our wishes for a peace treaty. Consider us friendly to your faction. Also, for trade relationships, we will allow merchants and travelers of your people to enter our territory freely and are garantued protection.

Regards,

Wesley Tanner, prime minister of the United Worlds Republic

Republic fleet

3,067 destroyer class vessels

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

47 operational shipyards

94 operational mining sites = 94,000 RC per post

Current construction

25 mining facilities (complete next post)

30 additional merchant ships (complete next post, costing 2,000 per ship)

an additonal 10 mining facilities

Current research

Deciphering of Ancient language at 70 %, rising 10 % each post

Merchants fleet

1 transport carrier

Republican fincances

94,000 RC from mines (projected)

2,000 RC from merchandise (projected)

16,000 RC savings (current)

The shadow ship turned and begain to open up hyperspace egine when it stoped, somehow reciving a messege from the other deminsion. It turned back to the UWR ships.

"The ssshadows require a planet, or a moon withen four hours. the moon dose not need to be inhabital, we need it soon as possible. Shadow reinforcements may be brought to aid us.

A massive interdemisnsion portal openes up near the third world.

9,000 Shadow ships ranging from destroyers(the scout ships left behind) to full planet killers.

Fleeing from the homeworld of the shadows in defeat. A few dozen feared ones ships got out, but didnt last long. 9,000 shadow ships, most of them wounded. some of them not,some drifting. 10,000 coloney ships carrying shadows, buildings ect. also made it it through. The portal closed behind them. closeing the feared ones in there own demensions.

Yup I decided we needed some back up.