Age of Chaos III !!!!!!!!

exatreide

My factions name is the United Worlds Republic. And why do you call me alien? My faction is human, though perhaps I should have stated that more clearly, though I thought that the references to ancient mythology would suggest so. My faction weapons include plasma disruptors and anti matter torpedoes. It's not very sportive either to make me attack, but nevermind.

Nice pic btw. Did you make that yourself?

Kerensky's head hurt. Only hours ago a message arrived from a remote sensor array near the shadow border. It stated that a group of 21 exploring vessels discovered a derelict shadow base in an asteroid belt. They tried to take it by force, foolishly enough, and fired upon shadow vessels. But they were barely scratched! And they destroyed all the republican ships! While they were vastly outnumbered! What a bummer. No, it isn't just a bummer, it's a disaster. The shadows have a vast technological edge on the republic. He would ask the minister of armed forces to increase research funds by a factor of 4.

The minister agreed with this. Even more surprising, over 80 % of the parliament empowered this decision- wich rarely occurs. The following letter was broadcasted on all media of the Republic.

To the citizens of the United Worlds Republic,

In a recent encounter with the shadow empire it was proven that our technology is severely outdated and ineffective in comparison with the shadows. Estimates tell us that if they wish they can crush the entire Republic in less then 3 weeks if they invade, with virtually no losses on their side.

We cannot allow this. If we wish to survive, we must innovate our military. Even with our newest ships and our new weapon of mass destruction, the RF torpedoe, we will not stand up against the shadows. This is not a question of who has the best toys. This is a question of who is dominant and who is weak. Like the culturally advanced Japanese samurai were wiped out by Europeans who used gunpowder, so will we be wiped out by the shadows unless we advance further. We cannot let ourselves vulnerable to barbarians.

We must evolve. We must innovate our military and leap forward. And to that end, taxes are raised by 15 % in order to increase military research. We understand what pressure this puts on you, but we have no choice.

May God be with us.

A project is started that will research the possibility of replacing currently used plasma fission powered disruptors by plasma fusion systems. This would mean a vast increase of power for plasma disruptors.

Republic fleet

8 Alexander class battlecruiser

500 battlecruisers of older types

3,000 destroyer class vessels

30 fighters

Republic facilities

15 planets

9 operational shipyards

25 operational mining sites = 25,000 RC per post

Current construction

28 scarab fighters (complete next post)

1 mining site

Current research

Disruptor upgrade

Republican Credits savings

10,000 RC

"Yu Sekmeth will 1.500 firebirds (1 firebird = 10 RC) do as a compensation for your cousin?" asked Sol'Sard. "yes it will" was the reply "Good" said Sol'Sard "and tell your leaders that the Sol clan will donate 100.000 firebirds as a compensation for the 20.000 of your citizens that was left behind on planet Horus, and about your offer for the Argonian ship, the price is to small, but you can get it as a gift of freindship"

"Thank you" was Yu's only reply

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

5 battleships

8 crusiers (including the Iron griffen)

11 frigates (- one send to the UWR)

25 merchant ships

finaces:

187.000 firebrids

income: merchantships x 300 = 7500 - 100.000 (sendt to the UWR) - 60.000 for 3 new battle ships

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Production options : Price

Battleships 20.000 firebirds

Crusiers 10.000 firebirds

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Merchant ships 5.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

10 crusiers

9 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

191.500 firebirds

income: - 1.500 (send to Yu Sekmeth)

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Upgrade to worldcraft level 2: 30.000

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

3 battleships

7 crusiers

10 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

208.000 firebirds

income: merchantships x 300 = 6000

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

after Sorrel had send her message back to earth, and was back on the argonian ship, Moon'Arwald found her at the officer lounge "curius are we?" he said "ohh, Moon'Arwald, I was looking for you" replied Sorrel "I just want to tell you that it would be best if you send your ship back, my men had taken a look at her, and she is not fit the deep space travel." said Arwald "thanks Moon'Arwald. I will send my ship back then" said Sorrel "Oh please call me Arwald" said Arwald (note, for an Argonian Sol/Nam/Moon is kind of a surname, it specifies which clan the argonian is from)

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

5 battleships

11 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

194.500 firebrids

income: merchantships x 300 = 7500

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

10 crusiers

9 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

191.500 firebirds

income: no income as the clan has no trade agrrement whit the UWR and is too far form the clansunion

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

3 battleships

7 crusiers

10 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

214.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

The shadow council recived a messege from the scout force left behind in the old demension.

"They have atacked the 14th information data base, there force was destryoed, base destryoed also reporting from 6th information data base, request advice on further conflict."

Thie debate about what to send back raged for hours untill finaly the matter was closed.

Create a buffer zone bewteen the shadow posts and the UWR. However this would mean the destruction of up to a dozen UWR worlds in that sector, destryoing them would cause a war in which the shadows 18 ships would not be able to hold. A messege is sent to one of the worlds.

[hide]

To the UWR

This is Shadows, We demand you leave these worlds at once, if you fail to evacuate them bye 78 hours, they will be destroyed any ship in the system of the planet will be destryoed.

Leave now.

End messege.

[/hide]

Message send to the UWR by Sol'Sard upon hearing the UWR broadcast.

[hide]Light. I heard you broadcast, by now my donation should have reached you, if not inform me. I do not know if your god is whit you, but konw this, we will be your allies till the fall of the clans. I think you should know that a frigate of clan Nam have encountetet the shadows before, it didn't came to fighting, but the shadows didn't reply to clan Nams offer of peace and trade, i do not belive we can trust them. If you wish you can consider this an offer of an alliance. As a sing of good will, we gice you the plans for you Mezon generators. walk in the Light[/hide]

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

5 battleships

11 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

203.000 firebrids

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

10 crusiers

9 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

191.500 firebirds

income: no income as the clan has no trade agrrement whit the UWR and is too far form the clansunion

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

3 battleships

7 crusiers

10 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

220.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Kerensky looked over the messages sent by the government only 2 hours ago.

To the shadow empire,

We don't know your motives for why to claim our planets and solar systems, but we will not obey. Though your ships are more advanced you are not numerous enough in this dimension to overthrow us. We consider your last message an insult and declare war upon you. Act wisely, and drop your demands to preserve peace. We respect your territorial rights and we expect you to respect ours.

End message.

To Sol'Sard,

We thank you for your friendly acts and we do not blame you for the loss of our civilians on Horus.

But an urgent matter has presented itself. The shadows demand we sacrifice 12 of our border systems and that we evacuate the 31 billion people that live there. This is unacceptable. We have made them clear that we will defend our homelands and will not bow for any force. They already destroyed 21 ships in a precedent incident and now they are pushing us to far. We declared war upon them. We would like to know if we can count on your military support should conflict arise.

To strenghten ourselves we propose a technological trade. We will send blueprints on our most common weapons, including the recently invented Borhard device.

May God be with us all.

Then, a beep sound rose, announcing that a visitor stould in front of his door.

"Come in" he said. This better be good, he thought. He was tired of all the events of late.

It was admiral Thomson. He seemed exited, a bit overjoyed maybe.

"Josef! Good news! And big too!"

Kerensky listened. If Thomson called him by his first name, he sure was exited. They could use some good news.

"What is it?"

"We have located a derelict city! An alien settlement! We don't know much about them yet, but their technology is vastly superior to ours. Archeologists are attempting to decipher their language. Sofar it appears they were wiped out by a plague of sorts, long time ago."

"Where is this city?"

"On the third planet of the Delpi system, bordering our system Artemis."

"That's good. Then the Republic territory sits between the shadows and the site. That makes it easier to defend."

"Defend we should indeed. I recommend a vast fleet, at least 300 battlecruisers!"

Kerensky accessed a star map on his computer.

"I can get 147 battlecruisers and 689 destroyers there in one day time. Even the shadows can't wipe those out with the little ships they got out here."

"Excellent. I have dispatched 45 science vessels and the most prominent scientists and archeologists, including Dr. Borhard."

"We should also inform the Argonians. We have promised technology trade and should allow them, no, request them to send science ships of their own. This will speed up work."

"Indeed. The archeologists are well underway of deciphering their language. Once they do, we shouldn't have any trouble reverse engineering their technology. I have summoned a meeting of the admirals this evening. Not really for discussing anything, but an event like this deserves a celebration.

OOC: the civilisation mentioned are the ancients from the previous Age of Chaos thread. Ordos45 gave me permission to use their tech.

Republic fleet

58 fighters

Republic facilities

15 planets

9 operational shipyards

26 operational mining sites = 26,000 RC per post

Current construction

8 mining facilities

3 shipyards

2 Alexander class battlecruisers

Current research

Disruptor upgrade at 25 %, rising 15 % each post

Deciphering of Ancient language at 10 %, rising 10 % each post

17,000 RC

(Indeed, sorry Ex but since I said I'd stay out of active participation I felt the younger races would need something to even the playing field.)-O45.

(OOC, 'nuker, don't forget your 100.000 firebirds or 1.000.000 RC)

Sol'Sard had read the message from the UWR, and the reply he had decided to send to them. a copy of the reply was laying infront of him, he was reading it through once again.

To the ruler of the UWR

Of causue you can count on the argonians, we will fight till the fall of the clans (means something like to the end of the world) for our freinds, I presuem that you are interestet in our Mezon (cold fusion) generators, if you wish you can also get the blueprints for our time lapsers, they can slow time down by 1.000 % in an area, ofcasue there is an anti device that must be fittet on your ships to make small bubbels of 'normal time' in which your ships will oprate normaly, (note: torpedoes can also be outfittet whit an anti device, and laser beam are almost unaffecet by the time lapser) so exept no (bad)side effects on your own ships. I presuem that we also have a trade aggrement?

Walk in the Light

Sol'Sard

he was sastifed, it was also long since any major wars, so he was kind of looking forward to it.

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

8 battleships

12 crusiers (including the Iron griffen)

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

54.000 firebrids

income: merchantships x 300 = 7500-156000 for 3 battleships, 4 crusers and 7 frigates

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

income: - 96000 firebirds for 4 crusers and 7 frigates

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

116.000 firebirds

income: merchantships x 300 = 6000 - 30.000 for an upgrade to level 2 worldcraft and - 80.000 for 10 firgates

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Moon'Dargor was wating in the docks of the Nam worldcraft, he had recived a message from Moon'Arwald, the captain he had send to Earth to look for any sign of the legedary elves. Acorrding

to Moon'Arwald's report the mission was a sucsses. And now he was standing there in the docks of his clan's worldcraft wateing for a diplomath from the elfdom, this was indeed good news, mayby they could use the elfs to aid thier freinds in the UWR. The crusier docked and Moon'Arwald and the elf diplomath named Sorrel walked out. Moon'Dargor wa stunned by her beuty, and whats worse was that it was in the middel of the Argonian breeding season, Dargor just hoped that he could supress his insticnts long enugh to sign a non agressions pact and a trade agreement.

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

8 battleships

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

income: 0

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

122.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

"My people wish for a non agression pact and trade aggrements with yours, do you accept? Know that we can offer magick, land based weapons and vehicles and some minerals (all Earth stuff iron, tin, copper, etc) said Sorrel.

"And what do you wish in return" Dargor replied

"Well space fight technology would be extermly useful to us of course, maybe some minerals as well (ones not on Earth), etc".

"then you have a non agressions pact and trade aggrements, and as for technology exhance, that would be usefull, you see the argonians rule the space, but on the ground we are not so dominat, so armored vehicles would centenly be usefull. And for the minaral, I'm afraid that we have none that would interest you but, what minerals would you care to exhange for our Mezon (cold fusion) technology?" replied Dargor

*note the argonians will now be abel to build APC's, Dargor class super heavy and Arwald class medium tank*

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 3

8 battleships

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

Dargor class 3.000 firebirds

Arwald class 1.500 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

122.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

"Thank you I will call Comrade Willowleaf and ask for trade to begin at once. You will have to send your ships first however as we have none yet. She told me to ask for an embassy to be formed on Earth and on a Argonian worldcraft so I will need to know of your acceptence or not first" she replied.

messege to the UWR

[hide]

You are foolish in not acepting are offer of peace,foolish enough to feel the rath of the shadows, feel luckly young race, that only 16 of our ships are in this deminsion, the fleet of thousands resides in the other and is curently busy, but if you continue to fight us,we will be forced to open a deminsional portal, and bring in reinforcements.

[/hide]

The shadow ships phased out of hyperspace, orbiting a heavily populated UWR world.

UWR ships begin scrambling, defensive satilites fired on the ships, chipping off small sections of ship.

The shadow vessels carved up the satilites, the cutting beams slicing them in half, some exploded, some mearly fell into the atmosphere. the UWR ships pepeprd the shadow vessels with plasma weaponry. damaging them, The shadow ships turned and fired the UWR ships and there primitive armor stood no chance against the shadow weaponry, the planitary defense force was gone, damaging 7 shadow ships lightly, and one severly.

The severly damaged ship phased back into hyperspace the other ships turned to face the planet. There weapons charged.

Photon torpedos raced out at the largest settelements, blossems of fire equal to a massive thermonucular blast decimated the cities.

Phasers cut deep wholes into extinct volcaons, reactivating the magma reaction causing them to begin euruptions.

Fusion cutters raced across the surface pepering military locaations based on the ground.

they turned and begain to flee, when a sudden chill ran up the shadow piolets spines.

something else was on the planet, something deep, something that they thought destroyed after helous.

nesseld deep in the planet.

The turned bent to destroy the creature. They fired there weapons at the planet giving the planet no mercy. focusing there eforts on a speicifc spot on the eqautor.

Vaperizing tons of dirt they pounded away untill they reached what they were looking for, a glowing red sphere about the size of a grayhound bus. They pepered with there weaponry photon torpedos, phasers,fusion cutters all foucsed on the ball. It ceased to glow under the termendos firepower being forced apon it. the ball exploded with a massive shockwave. it raced across the planet, terrring up soil up to 400 feet into the air. then coming back down.

The fireball then raced across the surface. Massive enough to cause the shadow ships to turn and flee back into hyperspacce leaving the glowing red planet behind. to flee what was coming next. the new asteroid belt that would be forming whare the planet was.

the last envent s ran through Sol'Sard's mind, the reports of the shadows dishonorbel attack on the UWR, his plegde to support the UWR, and the comming war. "m'duke" said a comm officer, "we are ready to broadcast you message" "very well." Sard said.

This is a bradcast by the Argonian high duke Sol'Sard to all empries, races and nations who recive this.

whitin the past few hours the shadow empire attacked an inocent planet of UWR, killing everything on the planet, this atrocety must be avenged, and by the rage of the titans, so it shall be. I will take the Sol clan to UWR space and prepare for battle, the bastards will not commit such atroceis again, I ask anyone hearing this to rally behiend the UWR, and stand against the Shadows.

Sol'Sard

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 3

8 battleships

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

income:no incoem as the clan is moveing to UWR space

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

128.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

The Duke heard this and urgently got the full space fleet together, though not big because the planets were peacefull and military didn't really need to exist the fleet was still large considering how fast they built them. And soon the fleet departed to stand behind UWC.

Three Class A Battle Cruisers

Four Class B Battle Cruisers

5 Class A Carriers

23 PT Ships

13 Destroyers

9 Gunship platforms

Totall of 456,899 fighters and 245,678 bombers.

OOC: Kerensky is an admiral!

The shadow ships turned and prepared to engage their engines. But then, a tiny spatial reflection showed up on their sensors. What was that about?

They got the answer soon enough. A large detachment of the Republics fleet warped into the solar system, having used a stealth generator to mask their warp signature until it was to late. The RFS Alexander charged forward and fired all disruptor cannons at a single point on the hull of the lead vessel. The other Republican ships did the same, until they had created a hull breach on the ship. Then the Alexander fired a series of torpedoes wich exploded inside the vessels hull, leaving nothing but a useless piece of debris. This happened all in a period of 4 seconds time.

The Republic ships were at a total of 300 battlecruisers and 1,400 destroyers in the system. The shadows realised their chances were slim at best, and left.

Kerensky heard of the atrocity and slammed his fist on the desk. He wrote a message and transmitted to shadow space.

[hide]Scum! Today you have proven that you have no moral standards whatsoever. We will not let this crime go unpunished. We will never surrender to the likes of you![/hide]

Kerenksy had also received word that the deciphering of the alien scriptures was progressing slowly. The other factions had pledged support to the Republic, but the question was, would that be enough?

"May God be with us all" he thought.

Republic fleet

58 fighters

Republic facilities

14 planets

9 operational shipyards

26 operational mining sites = 26,000 RC per post

Current construction

8 mining facilities (complete next post)

3 shipyards (complete next post)

2 Alexander class battlecruisers (complete next post)

14 destroyers (complete next post)

another 10 mining facilities

another 20 shipyards

Current research

Disruptor upgrade at 40 %, rising 15 % each post

Deciphering of Ancient language at 20 %, rising 10 % each post

743,000 RC

The Elves send land based troops and magick users to aid against the Shadows. While this happens the Elvish fleet is being made. The Elf/Argonian embassies have been set up and Sorrel has stayed on until the official ambassoder arrived.

Message to all enemies of the Shadows

This is a message from Sol'Sard of Argonia.

To all enemies of the Shadows, acording to our deep space scanner the Shadows have left our deminsion, the war is over.

Sol'Sard

Argonia.

Sol clan

Fleet:

1 worldcraft level 3

8 battleships

12 crusiers Including the Iron Griffen

18 frigates

25 merchant ships

finaces:

61.500 firebrids

income: no income as the caln is in UWR space

Production facilities

Worldcraft 3

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Nam clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 1

1 battle ship

14 crusiers

16 frigates

30 merchat ships

finances:

95.500 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 1

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

Moon clan

fleet:

1 worldcraft level 2

3 battleships

7 crusiers

20 frigates

20 merchant ships

finances:

134.000 firebirds

Production facilities

Worldcraft 2

Crusiers 10.000

Frigats 8.000 firebirds

APC 1.000 firebirds

DO NOT COMMAND MY FORCES

I SAID THEY LEFT INTO HYPERSPACE PAY FREAKING ATENTION!

GRRRR

"Massive enough to cause the shadow ships to turn and flee back into hyperspacce leaving the glowing red planet behind. to flee what was coming next. the new asteroid belt that would be forming whare the planet was. "

i am ignoring those for now. not as a moderater but as a pissed off poster. I DONT COMMAND YOUR FORCES DO I? DO I? NO! I DONT! SO DONT COMMAND MINE! I ONLY HAVE 16 SHIPS! 16 SHIPS!

The Feared ones ships atacked the shadow main world of Kun sa LI KA in the other deminsion, The shadow forces beaten back by a even surperr force,begain there last stand. holding off despretly till....

The shadow vessels begain to heal into hyperspace the messeges from the younger races begain reaching them, This angerd the shadows. they were outnumberd by billions, there ships were wounded, only one thing seemed to be left to do to show these infidel young races the cause for there atacks, they wernt trying to cause destruction the ships had been left there to protect them from finding the articfacts that the shadows have been destryoing, but beating them down enough for there sensors never to find it was not working. They had to learn first hand.

three shadow ships exited hyperspace in a asteroid belt far from the younger races.

They found what they were looking for a asteroid looking like the shape of a english muffin. Hidden inside was the thing that the shadows feared. Something that the ancient enemy had created long ago to fight the shadows,something that had nearly wiped them all out, once they find out how deadly this thing is, they will have to ask us for help.

They activated a tractor beam and draged it into hyperspace.

the jumped above a UWR Planet, above the largest space port. And hurled the asteroid at it, warping before defenses could do large amounts of damage.

The asteroid impacted at low speed, doing minimal damage.

It hung there for several minutes before being tracterd in and scanneed.

Apon being scanned the thing activated. Turning everyone in the docking bay into fuel, subverting the space stations drives and giving it to the beast. A red plasma beam shot out from the station,impacting a heavy crusier. The curiser was instantly subverted, all drives became that of the overmind known as the beast, the terible thing which had spread through out the knwon galaxy wiping out over 600 races was back again. No armor could stop its beam, there was no way to bring back the ships.

They belonged to the beast, a foe to the shadows and to everyone.

The crusier begain conventional fire on other craft,beforeing firing its own beam, taking over dozens of frigets, These frigets reaving orders left at highspeeds, eger to infect more, into the beast.

(and no these arnt from any artifacts)

Yup. No way to protect your ships, No way to bring back subverted ships,only way is to destroy them.