HOMEWORLD-OR-EMPEROR???

i feel a bit strange and i'm a bit frightened to post it here.... but it's homeworld all the way IMO

Emperor is great!, but not that great :) Homeworld is just better IMO

Graphix in both games are very good... Emperor's graphix are more detailed and look better, but Homeworld's engine is better

the battles in Homeworld are a lot more or a challenge... Also music is good in Emperor, but homeworld just does it better. Missions are also better and the total atmosphere is a lot better

the story is a lot better. And well... it is just better ;)

So if you want some info it would be like this:

Homeworld has excellent graphix with excellent animations. The music is incredible and the way you control it is revolutionary since it is so incredibly 3d.

It has only 2 sides. These 2 sides are unfortunately exactly the same except for 2 unique units per side and ship design. (and that design differs a lot)

The ship design in this game is incredible. You have 3 ship class types. Either fighter, corvette or capital ship classes. This results in a total of perhaps 20 different combat units per side. There's a lot of strategy involved and the battles are very impressive since you can see everything so closely.

A good thing for instance are the dogfights... fighters actually try to evade incoming fire while hitting as much as possible themselves...

Fighters are very uneffective vs. capital ships though since those capital ships are incredibly strong...

You have assault frigates, ion cannon frigates. Destroyers, missile destroyers, heavy cruisers, support frigates, carriers, scouts, interceptors, bombers, defenders, light corvettes, heavy corvettes, multigun corvettes and more..

in order to feel the greatness of this game, play this game... i'm sure you'll like it.... but you will need quite a bit of time to learn the controls and stuff though. but once you've mastered them... the game is a masterpiece

YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE! oh wait, that's right terror, we're already in hell ain't we. lol. well shall we continue then?

*rogue takes out a NERF hand grenade and lobs it over the fiery mountains of hell toward terror. a large explosion rocks the very foundations of the dark pit. terror emerges from a pile of rubble and says...*

::) Back on topic...

I've heard about homeworld and looked at reviews about it. It appears to be a nice looking game as far as graphics are concerned. I'd get it if I could for a cheap price, but haven't really had that much interest in it. The game that I was looking to get after 'Emperor Battle for Dune' was 'Echelon', but I think I'll wait till the price comes down just a tad. :) As for the comparison between 'Homeworld' and 'Emperor Battle for Dune', I can't compare because I haven't played 'Homeworld'. :P :-

Please people lets get this page to have alot of replies!!!!!!

please write down what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but back on topic!

I love this game!!! The whole space thing kicks!!!!! the only bad part is the fleets........

there are only 2!!!! and they lke almost the same thing (exept for 2 ships)

but other then that.......... its better then most rts games (most but not all)

YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE! oh wait, that's right terror, we're already in hell ain't we. lol. well shall we continue then?

*rogue takes out a NERF hand grenade and lobs it over the fiery mountains of hell toward terror. a large explosion rocks the very foundations of the dark pit. terror emerges from a pile of rubble and says...*

LOOK THERE HE IS! *Terror points in the direction where the grenade came from and the Devil follows his finger*

The Devil: LET'S GET HIME BOYZ!

*suddenly about 20 demons swarm over the scorched earth and start chasing Rogue, while leaving Terror with a big smile on his face*

Me: Allright boys... bring him here.

*While being chased, Rogue accidently runs toward Terror, when Rogue again looks in front of him he sees a double barreled rocketlauncher pointed at him*

Me: Yo, Rogue! Have a nice day.... TSCHOOOOOF!

KKAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

2 red eyes and a tongue is all that is left....

Me: Damn! i missed... heheh srry boys :) i did not intend to kill the devil... i wanted to kill Rogue.