Espionage

Anathema

Dammit, that wasn't supposed to happen!

'So she's dead.' Thinks Julia Frey, after being informed of her sister's death at the hands of her own crossbow. Status; Laptop found by agent, plus syringe with traces of serum next to her body. Evidence of another hit by the same bolt to another person. But knowing Vivian, she'd have used THAT mixture... Julia smiled unpleasently as she examined her late sister's laptop and crossbow as she sat in exactly the same seat as her sister had occupied yesterday. Her contact on the Eiffel Tower, had of course been disappointed, and left without even knowing that the woman was dead. But Julia knew that the killer would pay. THAT mixture, in large ammounts, needed a cure itself. Vivian had anticipated that a long time ago, and had implanted the cure with a poison. Julia smiled again, revealing her slightly pointed teeth, it took a mind like Vivian's to plot your revenge before your attack...

The most likely outcome would be a disease, she was always one for disease, although she changed each one constantly. And it would be infectious, she wouldn't care what happened after she died.

In short, Julia didn't know who the killer was, but if anyone around developed Malaria, Tuberculosis, Plague, Smallpox, Anthrax, or anything like that, she'd be on their case at once. And they would DIE. Her smile died as a scowl covered her face like a black cloud. Vivian's post-humorous revenge was all very well, but Julia's would be WORSE. >:(

'So she's dead.' Thinks Julia Frey, after being informed of her sister's death at the hands of her own crossbow. Status; Laptop found by agent, plus syringe with traces of serum next to her body. Evidence of another hit by the same bolt to another person. But knowing Vivian, she'd have used THAT mixture... Julia smiled unpleasently as she examined her late sister's laptop and crossbow as she sat in exactly the same seat as her sister had occupied yesterday. Her contact on the Eiffel Tower, had of course been disappointed, and left without even knowing that the woman was dead. But Julia knew that the killer would pay. THAT mixture, in large ammounts, needed a cure itself. Vivian had anticipated that a long time ago, and had implanted the cure with a poison. Julia smiled again, revealing her slightly pointed teeth, it took a mind like Vivian's to plot your revenge before your attack...

The most likely outcome would be a disease, she was always one for disease, although she changed each one constantly. And it would be infectious, she wouldn't care what happened after she died.

In short, Julia didn't know who the killer was, but if anyone around developed Malaria, Tuberculosis, Plague, Smallpox, Anthrax, or anything like that, she'd be on their case at once. And they would DIE. Her smile died as a scowl covered her face like a black cloud. Vivian's post-humorous revenge was all very well, but Julia's would be WORSE. >:(

Oh, sorry, you didn't mean to kill Vivian? I thought you did it deliberately because you did say that "she fell down dead" in your post.

Leonid walked into the restauratnt and fixed his tie. He was more angry then he'd ever been. The contact didn't show up at the agreed time. Something must have happened.

He was at the restaurant to meet his superior in this city, the guy that takes the decisions when things don't go as planned.

"Leonid, buddy! Long time no see!"

Leonid smiled.

"To long, Alex. We have a serious problem. The scottish agent and I had an appointment to make the transfer, but she didn't show up."

Alex' face turned grave instantly.

"Serious indeed. Especially considering the value that melange of theirs is to us. I know what to do. I know a way to contact them- it's through a lot of different persons in between, and the message will reach them in 2 days time. I will tell them to send another agent 4 days from now to make the transfer at...say, L'Arc de Triomphe at 0:00 hours. Is that okay?"

Leonid nodded. Alex always had a solution.

"Yes. I wil be there. Now, it's time for lunch."

"Whatever you do, Leonid, take my advice."

Leonid listened carefully. "Yes?"

"Do not order chicken here- it's awful. Go for the tuna instead."

Oh, sorry, you didn't mean to kill Vivian? I thought you did it deliberately because you did say that "she fell down dead" in your post.

I said "dying." Not "Dead." She had at least ten minutes left. Still, Julia is now in posession of the samples, and Vivian's records, and will soon have the message of the new meeting place. And she is ANGRY. >:(

Right, she's got it. And does not reply. She knows that if they want the deal, they'll be there, and so will she. And maybe she'll gte some infomation about Vivian's killer...

OOC: Next post just pretend that time has passed and we're under the arc.

OOC: what does OOC mean?

OOC: Out Of Character

Leonid walked to the Arc de Triomphe. It was quite this night, and practicly no people on the streets. Ideal indeed. He carried a suitcase, filled with millions of British pounds. But just to be on the safe side, the only safe way to open it is entering a combination that only he knows, otherwise a small explosive goes off in the suitcase and incinerates the money. Of course this is nothing more then an insurance policy.

Although unusual for himself, he carried a weapon during this meeting. Too many things went wrong and he wanted to carry a gun in case it would be necessary. He carried an easily concealable Berreta handgun.

Julia peered down at the man with the case. She didn't smile, but merely calculated her position. She didn't SEE a weapon... but that was no guarantee. She prepared her thoring knives, and abseiled down from the top of the arc to land gracefully behind the one with the case. She unhooked the laptop and opened the drawer.

"This is the phial." She said, as he turned around, showing no surprise. "But there is a new condition. My sister was killed after your meeting, were you involved and what do you know? You must answer or you will not get the phials, or worse, I will smash it. And unlike my sister, I do not use water for practical jokes."

Leonids mind started thinking rapidly immediately. The agent he talked to earlier was attacked just after the meeting. It couldn't have been his own associates, that wouldn't make sense. Nor did he believe it was likely her own superiors silenced her. Were the cops on to them? An international agency?

"I have no idea what happened to your sister after our meeting. I haven't seen her since. Nor is it of any concern to me- I would like the melange now, please."

Julia examines the man, using her skills to try and see if he's lying or not. Finally she is satisfied.

"Very well, I see you have no knowledge of the incident. Here, take it." She carefully hands over three phials, in specially strengthened glass. "I guess I'll have to work from scratch." She snaps the drawer shut and, instead of her usual leap or dive away to show off her flair, Julia merely turns and starts to walk away. It is clear that she is deeply depressed, her dagger is showing from her sleeve, and she isn't even LOOKING for enemies in the shadows. Perhaps even Leonid could feel pity for her, as she isn't a rival, just a contact.

Leonid looked as the scottish woman walked away. He tried to imagine what it was like to loose a sister- he failed, as he never had a brother or a sister.

This matter should be looked into further...maybe Alex will let him investigate.

For now, he had other priorities. He halted a cab, and ordered the driver to head for the trainstation north of the city. There he would meet Alex and some other people and deliver the melange.

Raziel has just contacted the Peacekeepers. They have given him information based on his description of Vivian's contact. The guy's name was Leonid, a quite shady character. He had an apartment here in France and although Raziel did not expect him to be there, he still decided to find it.

It took two hours for Raziel to find the apartment. It was in one of Paris's darkest districts. The quarters were on the fourth floor and the was no elevator or stairs. There was just a metallic ladder on the side of the building. It looked rusted and delapidated. Raziel climbed it. On the fourth floor balcony, the door was nailed shut. It was as if no one ever used it. With one solid kick, the foor was down. He walked in and saw several guys with guns pointed right at him. "Oops, bad time, eh guys?" said Raziel and dodged the gunshots that followed his sentence. It was time to bring out the big gun. Raziel took out the assault rifle. He jumped at the gunmen and starting shooting. All three of them were down, the floor a bloody mess. Leonid, if it was his apartment, was not home at the moment.

Julia sat on her bed, staring at her feet. She picked up the phone, then put it down. Then picked it up again. Finally she dialled the number that would put her in touch with the mysterious Alex, her contact with the other side; although she had never met him. Answering machine. Damn.

"This is Rowena Parker." She said, giving her codename, "Requesting infomation on any parties that might have had infomation on my sister's recent meeting with agent Leonid." She put the phone down. This was contact with rivals, but she didn't care. It wasn't like they were HER rivals. She sighed. Losing Vivian had not been so bad as just a sister, but as a companion, fellow agent, plotter and tactical genius she had been invaluble and most cared for. Julia looked up sharply. She had heard a noise in the bathroom next door. 'Damn these hotels!' She thought, as she silently slipped a dagger from her sleeve, and vaulted onto a cupboard.

The sound was of Raziel getting in through the window of the bathroom door. A piece of paper from Leonid's trash led him to this very place. Raziel had no idea where he was, but he was prepared for anything. He took out the assault rifle. Knwoing that his breakin could be heard, he stood up in front of the door and pointed the assault rifle right in the middle. Not wanting to take any risks, he started firing. Unloading the whole magazine, he reloaded, and prepared to go in.

Leonid turned his back. Gunshots! From the stations bathroom, across the hall. He looked through the hall. It was 4:00 in the morning and naturally it wasn't crowded here- but the gunshots should have warned the cops by now. It probably was the same guy that shot the agent he met first.

"No time to introduce myself to this guy" he thought. He had to meet Alex and his men at track 5. He ran down some stairs and there Alex was, along with 5 associates.

Alex saw Leonid running towards them.

"What's the hurry?"

Leonid gasped for breath.

"They're on to us. I don't know who they are, but they're here."

Alex was shocked.

"Here? How'd they find us. Doesn't matter. We'll get on this train and exit at the next train station. There we will take a cab and head for the airport. We prepared a way to get the melange past security checks."

5 minutes later, on the train, Alex started talking again.

"The new agent contacted me. She left a message on my machine. SHe wanted to know what we know about her sisters fate."

"And?"

"I said we didn't know anything about it, wich is true. Now we know the murderers location. I'll give her a call."

He dialed on his mobile phone.

"This is Parker. Who's this?"

"Good morning, miss Parker! It's Alex. I believe I know where the murderer is."

"Where..where then? When did you see him?"

"We didn't really see him, but we know for fact he was at the most northern train station of Paris 5 minutes ago. By the way, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Untill next time."

But she already left the appartment before she heard his goodbye.

Raziel opened the door, but nothing was on the other side, nothing that is except the empty apartment pierced with bullets. Raziel took his time viewing the phone messages. Nothing important. Raziel smashed the phone on the floor and exited the room. He entered the hallway of a very luxurious hotel. Raziel put away the rifle. He went down to the ground floor. In front of him walked a woman, whose features were so familiar. Is that Vivian. He followed her to the taxi cab, to hear the address to which she was going. Raziel knew where that was.

Darius has been checking his rear view mirrors, he has noticed something perculiar about the SUV that it has stayed in his view and at a certain distance the entire time on the interstate. Darius has a modified riding jacket of his own design the front has two zippers one at the top and one at the bottom so they can meet in the middle creating a hole when opened to slip his hand inside. Darius opens his jacket and reaches for the saftey on his weapon taking it off quickly. He has practiced this move while riding his motorcycle countless times all for situtions like the one he maybe in now.

Talking into his two-way celluar the backseat driver of the SUV "ETA seven minutes."

"Confirmed and proceeding to designated point" responses voice on the other end. The mid-sized sedan with three occupants pulls out of parking lot into street heading toward the interstate.

Passenger next to driver of the sedan starts to sing "A hunting we will go a hunting we will go high ho the merry oh a hunting we will go."

From the backseat "Whoever told you you were a singer."

From the passenger side "Your mother." The sound of a gun being cocked can be heard from the backseat.

"Knock that shit off you two save it for the business at hand" the sedan driver snaps.

"Relax just trying to get in the mood of things" replies the sedan passenger "Besides the little bastard doesn't know who his mother is anyway."

"No, but I do know your mother" comes the response from the backseat passenger.

"Would you two dicks knock it off already" barks the sedan driver. Hitting his turn signal he changes lanes to be in the turning lane and approachess the accleration ramp.

"There he is" says the front passenger of the sedan.

"Yes I see them" replies the sedan driver. The front passenger is busy putting a silencer on the muzzle of one of his weapons but holding it in view.

"Put your damn weapon down before someone sees it you idiot" barks the sedan driver "You should have done that before now." Flashing an angry glance at the man seated in the passenger seat next to him.

"No one will see stop being so uptight" says the front seat passenger glancing back at the driver.

Darius looks to his right and sees the approaching sedan coming down the acceleration ramp he makes a mental note of the car and the three passengers. He looks back in his rear view mirrors to check the SUV. He passes the sedan as it is making it's approach to enter the interstate traffic as his is passing he sees the front passenger with a weapon it is only a flash as he passes but enough for him to know to be alert. He changes lanes and speeds up passing about three cars in front of himself.

Inside the SUV the driver of the vehicle tells the backseat driver "He just changed lanes and sped up what do you want me to do? He is going out of view."

"I want you to speed up also stay within sight of him" backseat driver replies "Do not lose sight of him."

Julia frowned as she sat in the taxi. She knew she was being followed, but dammit she didn't know WHO. And WHY did someone break in? She'd had to leave her best lipstick behind, although she would have died before she lost her sister's laptop. It sat heavily on her thighs as she scowled in an effort to figure out what to do when she arrived at the station. She assumed that five minutes had been enough for someone to get to her room, but what if the break-in was just a crook? Not anything to do with her case? Still, she was luring him into the station and that was that. She looked behind her, yes, the taxi was still behind them.

As they pulled into the station Julia pulled out a bundle of notes that would have been worth a small country, had they been genuine, and thrust them at the driver before leaping out of the door and into the deserted station. She paused only a second to see the other taxi draw up behind her own before running on and inside. On the platform it took a few short seconds to extinguish the lights with the aid of her dagger, and she crouched in the dark, waiting.

Raziel leaped out of the taxi. He quickly glimpsed at the other car, but seeing that no one except the driver was in it turned his attention to the station. The lights were gone. Raziel didn't like this one bit, it seemed like a trap. The taxis left.

Raziel examined his inventory. He had his trusty assault rifle, a 9mm, a couple of grenades, a small sprayer mine filled with VH gas and several flares.

Raziel launched the flares into the corners of the stations, lighting everything with their bright glow. He still couldn't see it. Raziel decided to take rash measures. Putting on a gas mask he threw the canister wuth VH gas on the floor and watched it explode. Fortunately, his skin was also protected by a rubber costume, but whoever was inside this station had thirty seconds to come out before the gas reached them. Inhalation or touch of this gas would first melt their eyes and skin and then in several seconds paralize their central nervous system. Death will then follow.

Raziel stood and waited like Death waiting for the dying.

Julia cursed to herself from the corner of the roof she was crouched in. Damn rash! Who was this nutter? She was in no condition to fight gas, she had neither mask nor suit.

Julia carried mostly knives and arrows, like her sister, but she also took one firearm, as one could never be sure. Thanking whoever, she unhooked the sawn-off shotgun from the strap and blew a hole in the thin wooden cover above her. She vaulted in, ending up in some kind of attic. She was safe here, the gas was heavier than normal air, and would stay close to the floor. But she couldn't let he adversary get away!

She ran over to window that faced the street. Running back, she made a dash at it. At the last minute she threw a knife, smashing the window before she dived through it and rolled down the roof. She reached the gutter, kept rolling, and fell from the roof to land on the street.

She heard a gasp behind her, and at once flipped over and drew her gun. She faced Raziel, who was also aiming a gun. Neither fired.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" Julia asked.

Raziel sneered at the woman. He saw that expression in her eyes, the expression was so compelling to him - fear.

"I am Raziel, and I think we have seen each other before. You are Vivian, right, the one who was selling the virus? Put down your weapon, you are under arrest."

Julia examined the man. He was confident, yes, but there was just a snag of doubt in him. That happened when a shotgun was pointed at your chest she supposed.

"Number one." She said, "Trying to arrest the person pointing a shotgun at you isn't very smart. Number two, "On what charges am I arrested on and on whose authority? Number three, make the slightest move to harm me and make no mistake, I shall fire. Number four... What do you know about me?"

(She's pretending that she's Vivian)

"Do you know what act of terror?" Julia smiled, showing her teeth, she had noticed something which made her very happy. His neck was stiffer than it should have been, as was his stance. If she was right then this was one of Vivian's cruelest... She examined the hand holding the gun; yes, there was a cut, and on the arm... Normally a pin-prick from a needle too small to be seen...the syringe. The mark was weeping pus and had turned a swollen red colour.

"Tell me," She said in a chatty tone, "you wouldn't happen to have put a needle in that arm recently would you? Like, one with a cure for a poison?"

Raziel glanced at the ugly, and painful, mark on his arm. This woman was becoming annoyingly problematic...

Julia continued, "Only, I think I may know what caused it. And you should know that it is in fact potentially life-threatening if I'm right. Shall we talk?"

Raziel grinned, "Don't try to change the topic, I do not care about that little mark. I guess I made a mistake, that woman must have really died, but you look just like her. Sister, maybe? Well, you probably already know about Vivian's death. She was trying to escape me and died trying. Accept my condolences, but I am afraid I will have to cut down the whole family tree if you don't give me some answers now. Who is Vivian's contact? By the way, I would recommend that you put down that weapon. It will do you no good against my bulletproof vest".

Raziel moved closer to the woman. He pointed the assault rifle right at her head, while continued to point her shotgun at his bulletproof chest.

Suddenly Raziel lunged forward and grabbed the shotgun. The shotgun came into vertical position and fired into the sky.