New To Board And Game

Battlestar

First off i've finished reading the first book and loved it and i have been looking for a good dune game and i found my way here. Even though the game has been out for awhile (however i did see it re-packaged in the new boxes) i've been meaning to pick it up. My question is, is this game worth getting still or should i just wait for a new dune game (if there is going to be one).

I guess there is no demo for this game is it?

I don't know about any emperor demo. and yes the game is out for over a year now. BUT you will never get a better dune game.... why you say? because this is probably the last one we will see, except perhaps for some fan made dune games and those games from CRYO (hardly worth trying)

but that does not mean that Emperor is not fun, not at ALL. the game is still a lot of fun and this community is keeping it alive. You do need a pretty good system for it though. But if your system is somewhat modern you will be able to play this game smoothly. And the graphix aren't outdated or something, and you will love the sounds/music. so don't leave this game in the store, but get it and tell us your findings

Dude, if you buy this you will be in posession of THE best RTS game available worldwide.

Ofcourse, prepare for some serious asskicking, coz no0bz get slaughtered here by the hundreds (he he he...)

But if you stick with it you dont wanna play anything else anymore.

But dont listen to me, I'm just a Emperor junk... ;D

it's fun, except for those damn worms. They somehow are secret weapons of the computer because they never seem to attack any of their units/harvies. While mine are eaten by the dozens. no i'm not kidding. in my last game i lost at least 3 harvies in the early game to worms in less than 2 minutes.... that is REALY annoying.. also those homing whirlwinds may irritate you since they have the best AI in the ENTIRE game. they suck your men up like papers... and they just follow my soldiers :O it's just so freaken frustrating to constantly have to move your infantry to random positions and constantly see the whirlwind change course just to follow my infantry

it's fun, except for those damn worms. They somehow are secret weapons of the computer because they never seem to attack any of their units/harvies. While mine are eaten by the dozens. no i'm not kidding. in my last game i lost at least 3 harvies in the early game to worms in less than 2 minutes.... that is REALY annoying.. also those homing whirlwinds may irritate you since they have the best AI in the ENTIRE game. they suck your men up like papers... and they just follow my soldiers :O it's just so freaken frustrating to constantly have to move your infantry to random positions and constantly see the whirlwind change course just to follow my infantry

it esp sucks when your marching almost all your units to the other guy and a Shai-Haulad comes up... :'( but sometimes its good cause they get chevrons

i hate storms! it really sucks when they come after kindjal or mortars.

WOW LOOK AT MY UNITS... THEIR EXPERIENCE IS RISING FASTER THAN I CAN BLINK WITH MY EYES! NO ONE CAN BEAT ME NOW!

tzzzjing wormsign detected... *cirkel appears under my elite units* gzoooom

Terror stares to the the monitor for hours while the game has already ended, his family is worried if he lost his mind.

(first voice in my head) "THEY KILLED KENNY!"

(second voice in my head) "YOU BASTARDS!"

it esp sucks when your marching almost all your units to the other guy and a Shai-Haulad comes up... :'( but sometimes its good cause they get chevrons

Its the most annoying thing - Intelligent storms!

Its the most annoying thing - Intelligent storms!

Indeed, my littlebrother often yells about it. "Why that storm is ALWAYS chasing my Sardaukars! WHY?!".

Just shove your infantry/sards inside an APC (Ordos preferably). Problem solved. :D ;)

I always place them under a mino, or i give them orders to enter back into the building, if a building is close..

And don't forget to folled down the umbrellas from the fremen, otherwise they fly twice as hard.

I always place them under a mino

Under the mino? You can not force your own vehicles to crush your own infantry. ;)

or i give them orders to enter back into the building, if a building is close..

Only elite Atreides infantry units can re-enter their barracks. You lose the unit when this happens. ;)

And don't forget to folled down the umbrellas from the fremen, otherwise they fly twice as hard.

This I just don't get. ??? ::)

:D

Actually, the storms are mostly random, but have a small attraction to buildable rock. Something to keep you from completely turtling up.

Oh, and I"ve seen re-packed Emperor (in the new small PC boxes) at Electronic's Boutique in the US for $5.00 ... WOW. There is no excuse now .. stick'm in your friends Xmas stockings and play a bunch of QM over the holiday school break!

**ROMA