Franks Herbert...

ordos45

Actually, Frank Herbert basically wanted to make the societies in the Duniverse different, yet the same. The orgies are cultural and we have them in certain societies of our own world(our society, too!). Did the early societies not have many female companions? I think what he has written was a masterpiece because he makes everything so real as if it really WAS part of the universe we live in.

It's like you said MoiDib cultural, that was the Fremen way in their society. I was only kidding in my eariler post cause with the sexual content in the Dune novels it is only expected with the subject matter that Herbert handles within the story. I mean if you talk about breeding the universe's superbeing there is bound to be some talk about sex. In all honesty I never really thought that he (Herbert) was obsessed with sex it was just part of the story. That is one of the reasons that I say it's a very human science-fiction saga.

Yeah, I'm sure that the fremen spent there entire lives just walking around Duen killing people without haveing any kind of party or celebreation or festival. Name one culture in the history of mankind that hasn't ahd a festival or party.