A Sniper is Terrorizing the US

emprworm

Well, as most of you who I have played online probably know, I'm from the DC metro area (in PG county where the teen was shot and right next to Montgomery and D.C.). As a matter of fact, there has been a new shooting reported as of 10:00 Saturday night. It is very likely they will link this shooting (so far, the victim is still alive) to the sniper.

I think the police here are doing a very good job. The PG police and D.C. police deal with shooting all the time. Montgomery county is relatively safer (until now). But, there efforts at QUICK roadblocks and searches are great. I think they will catch him soon...unless he stops now.

And there is always a reason humans make wars. Why humans kill eachother. Why humans torture eachother. Animals do just that, but at a more basic scale. Their minds cannot go beyond killing for survival. Although there are exceptions, like tearing a fellow predator to pieces to get him away from the food that you will eat, then leave alone with more than enough to fill the now-dead predator. Also a dolphin does the dirty for pleasure. For pleasure! Naughty flipper! Naughty!

You know this guy doesn't have to be an expert at all. With a scope and gun it doesn't take a full-badged boy scout to aim and shoot, and being only a few hundred meters it's even easier. Officers today can shoot 1000 meters easily without a scope.

I think you mean 1000 meters on plain grassland, not in some forrest. And even that is hard, your eye must be like one in a million, if not better. Besides that, the target must be a relatively big one, say, at least human-size. I would doubt anyone on this planet could shoot a toothstick from 1000 meters, on a plain.