Iraq

Hmmm... then maybe Sweden's newspaper is wrong, because here it says clearly that the Iraquis are going to protect their country, and I mean about 2 million, if not more... If you understand any Nordic language, well, read for yourself:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,212805,00.html

http://www.metro.se/metro/pdf.phtml and download "Stockholm", "Goeteborg" or "Skone" to get the full paper.

That is a view Kirvo but it's a little late for the hate thing against America. I think we already knew when the attacks of 9/11 happened just who would be receiving a visit from Uncle Sam sooner or later. Remember what Bush said about the 'axis of evil' and you know Iraq was on that list.

rumors.... nothing more.... maybe Bush will attck him... maybe not...untill I see it happening its still just rumors...

Matthew 24:6

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

I think America wants Iraq just for the oil, America's main import is oil, and they need it.

And once again, they try to make the perfect cover up for their intentions.

We do it in the name of god! We do it for the sake of the people on earth!

Riiiiiight... ::)

every heard of a place called Alaska? I may be wrong... but theres oil there, and it belongs to US. There are more than enuff reasons to talk out Saddam, other than the oil... ::)

Bush and his VP, right ?

Where they've worked ? : Petroleum Companies

Where they've done politics ? : Texas (The Oil State)

Who supported their campaings ? : Petroleum Companies

What companies do they hold stocks of ? : Petroleum Companies

Besides who offered open Alaska's National Parks for prospection of petroleum ? ...... I guess u know it already.

Do they know the oil business, sure. Do they want more oil : sure.

How can they get it ? : you already read my post.

Who will win at any situation : Oil companies and weapons producers, they can put as much pressure on the President and VP of USA. Is it so difficult to understand ?

Again, I think S.Hussein should have been removed 10 years, because what he did to Kuwait was terrible. At that time there was enough and more than enough reasons to do it, why they waited ?.....it was no the best time for a new war.

So, Do they decide war ? Hell yes.

Ok, KNOW YOUR FACTS! When someone becomes president, they sever their economical affiliations. It's part of the job. Bush CAMPAIGNED ALL ALLONG THAT HE IS FOR THE OIL INDUSTRY AND WOULD ENCOURAGE GROWTH IN THAT SECTOR. And he was elected. If people thought that was a bad idea, then they wouldn't have voted for him. Does that mean he's going after Iraq for oil? No. Has he once even mentioned the possibility of oil trade? ONCE? Well I havn't heard it. He talks about the war on terror and the Iraqi people - NOT OIL.

The oil industry is one of the most heavilly regulated markets in the world. I should know - my dad works for the Candian branch of a major US-based oil company. Trust me, when it comes to oil, I know my facts. The US doesn't have to go across the Earth for oil. The depots in Alaska and all over Canada are underground entrapments where there is often natural gas. This is much easier to drill for as it is contained within solid rocks. The oil in the middle east comes from oil sands. This is harvested by litterally pouring thousands of gallons of water into a resevior and harvesting the oil from the surface (oil floats on water). This process of retrieving oil is much more costly, much less efficient, and much less environmentally-friendly than conventional drills and wells. Even despite this, Iraq doesn't have the biggest deposits of oil in the middle-east - nowhere NEAR the biggest. As far as I know the most oil-rich nation in the middle-east is Saudi Arabia.

I concur that Hussaine should have been removed 10 years ago during the Gulf War. What he did to Kuwait WAS terrible. Same with Iran. Same with his own people on a daily basis.

Sorry for bringing up a new issue, lol.

It's impossible to understand Iraq's situation without considering Israel, Palestina, Saudit Arabia and Kuwait (to mention the most related) situation.

You weren't bringing up a new issue. You were using it as a pot shot at me for not knowing x amount about country x blah blah blah BS here and there so can it. You didn't once mention a thing about these nations other than "Hey get your facts straight, you don't know *** about this that and the other thing," which is actually untrue. Very Nav-ish.

Dev_mech,

The US economy isn't based on weapons. Weapons are almost completely controlled by the government from taxpayer's money, and they don't profit from making weapons unless they sell they sell them to OTHER countries. It is far more economical NOT to use weapons, since then you don't have to relpace them and you can use them for other things like government services or paying down the debt, etc. Plust the country with the oil benefits FAR more than the US does from the oil.

SardKirov,

Yes, the US does import a ton of oil. They most commonly retrieve it either from Canada, or internally. Hell, my dad's company is even opening up a project in Venezuala. Additionally, they never once claimed it was for God or for the people of Earth or whatever. All along it's been part of their war on terrorism. And the middle-east is not filled to the neck with oil. As I said it is extremely difficult and costly to retrieve and refine oil from sands.

False. That technology is still in development. If tomorrow Russia throws nukes at the US they're all dead.

It is still in development, but the matter of fact is it has been tested successfully already.

Before that happens and if we make it to the year 2030, oil will be worthless maybe. But right now, it is priceless.

Worthless? Don't make me laugh my @$$ 0ff, thats when the oil's price will reach to the extreme.

Will we wake up tomorrow and find ourselves in WW3?

There's a huge chance, you'll never know what the government is actually doing, especially the US government.

well guess there's alot of propaganda in the air atm, I just think Bush will burn his fingers if he attacks with out the aproval of UN.

Big deal, the American has always violated the UN rules. The Uhnited Nation is only a puppet, don't see them that powerful.

Does that mean he's going after Iraq for oil? No. Has he once even mentioned the possibility of oil trade? ONCE? Well I havn't heard it. He talks about the war on terror and the Iraqi people - NOT OIL.

You cannot expect him to recognize in public that he is going to take advantage of the iraq's oil reserves. Of course he talks about war on terror, again you cannot expect him to talk about it. But what he does, it talks by itself. Try to read between lines and make conclussions.

The oil industry is one of the most heavilly regulated markets in the world. I should know - my dad works for the Candian branch of a major US-based oil company. Trust me, when it comes to oil, I know my facts. The US doesn't have to go across the Earth for oil. The depots in Alaska and all over Canada are underground entrapments where there is often natural gas. This is much easier to drill for as it is contained within solid rocks. The oil in the middle east comes from oil sands. This is harvested by litterally pouring thousands of gallons of water into a resevior and harvesting the oil from the surface (oil floats on water). This process of retrieving oil is much more costly, much less efficient, and much less environmentally-friendly than conventional drills and wells. Even despite this, Iraq doesn't have the biggest deposits of oil in the middle-east - nowhere NEAR the biggest. As far as I know the most oil-rich nation in the middle-east is Saudi Arabia.

Ok. Let's get down to economics and engineering.

1. It's incorrect that oil market is *heavily* regulated. Then why a cartel that groups 60% of the producers (opep) of oil decides in the level of production, every 4-5 months so they can set the price of oil as high as they can without getting any trouble. Maybe you dont know, that last year the US gov had to sell in the spot market part of his strategic reserves in order to lower the international price, so they can control the inflation that was about to damage the US economy. If it were regulated (as the power distribution or natural gas distribution is, since those are areas where there is no scale economy, since they are natural monopolies) as you say then a simple order of the US energy department and the Euro agency of oil, would have done the job. Oil market is not regulated at all, I hope one day it will be, so we could expect a more stable price. The only area where regulation exists is in the environmental matters where a control the production is needed but not in the market. At this point the leading (more costly) regulations are the Europeans........ maybe u know, bu i will tell you that Bush is persuading to lower the level of enviromental regulations in the US, so US Companies can produce oil at a lower cost (he is paying them the $$$ of the campaing) and Bush administration that rejected to sing the Kioto Protocol about the global commitment for sustainable development and enviroment protection, all the other members of the group of 8 (the biggest economies in the world) have signed the Kioto Protocol. Very Bush, really.

I think you should go over your facts, since you say u know them.

Iraq has the second biggest PROVED reserves of the world.

When u talk about the costs of the oil in north america and Middle East, saying that is much more costly there. I only can tell you that your are comparing apples with oranges, not correct.

The Middle East oil is much more "pure" to use a simple word, much more concentrated to refine in gasolines than diesel, therefore with a much more value. Besides in North America (not Texas), northern Canada, Alaska and East of Rusia is mixed in huge proportions with natural gas, which makes it more difficult to process and therefore it requests to re-inject the gas once it was taken out in order to keep enough pressure so the oil can be taken to the surface, that makes it more atractive for natural gas development and less much less atractive for oil production.

You weren't bringing up a new issue. You were using it as a pot shot at me for not knowing x amount about country x blah blah blah BS here and there so can it. You didn't once mention a thing about these nations other than "Hey get your facts straight, you don't know *** about this that and the other thing," which is actually untrue. Very Nav-ish.

Ok, you crossed the line by saying that Nav thing. It simply proves that you run out of arguments and reasons. LOL.

zamboe, im gonna try not to make a 1000 page post like I usually do :)

I'll be short and sweet.

The united states, and Bush do not need Iraq's oil. They couldnt care less. Iraq's oil has as much meaning as the dog doo-doo stuck on the bottom of my shoe. NO ONE NEEDS iraq's oil. No one cares. Iraq has nothing...absolutely nothing we want. PERIOD.

All that oil crap about the US needing Iraq's oil is meaningless hogwash propogated by foreign media that does not have a clue about us. Now, Saudi Arabian oil we do rely on. BUt that is IT. No other middle eastern country has anything the US wants.

And i cant wait for the day when nuclear energy is the power of the world and no more oil is needed. i hate oil.

zamboe, im gonna try not to make a 1000 page post like I usually do :)

I'll be short and sweet.

The united states, and Bush do not need Iraq's oil. They couldnt care less. Iraq's oil has as much meaning as the dog doo-doo stuck on the bottom of my shoe. NO ONE NEEDS iraq's oil. No one cares. Iraq has nothing...absolutely nothing we want. PERIOD.

All that oil crap about the US needing Iraq's oil is meaningless hogwash propogated by foreign media that does not have a clue about us. Now, Saudi Arabian oil we do rely on. BUt that is IT. No other middle eastern country has anything the US wants.

And i cant wait for the day when nuclear energy is the power of the world and no more oil is needed. i hate oil.

Your totally wrong. Where ever there's oil, and that place is an undeveloped country (3rd world country) then that place will surely be America's victim. And Iraq is one of them.

And let me tell you, if the whole world relies totally on nuclear energy, the uraniums wouldn't last any longer than the oils did. There's a estimated that if we now totally rely on nuclear power, the uraniums wouldn't last for more than a few centuries which lasts even less time than oils, which isn't a nice replacement at all. Also, where are the government going to place the nuclear wastes? Thats a huge unsolved problem.

Emprworm, no one loves oil, but everyone needs it. USA has now oil reserve for about 30 years, Iraq for next 30 years. What else should so force yankees to attack them? You believe in that propaganda, that Bush just want to eliminate threat to US? How can threat them a small country on the other side of planet, also not very far from Iraq lays nuclear superpower named Israel, also american ally. They need only oil. How would you power those millions of cars without oil? Miniaturised nuclear reactors? Bah.

Cars can't actually run on nuclear power (you'd need an individula reactor) but you can invent new ways of storing it, like hydrogen cells.

And yes, the uranium supply is limited. We need to find an alternative source. One could be fusion power, but another one that is already theoreticly possible is to launch a satelite that collects solar power and converts it into microwaves (the wave used by a....microwave :) ) and send it to Earth, where it's re-converted into electrical power. But this was never put into practice.