In WestWood's defense...

DukeLeto

Um, I would like to point some things out:

1. Why does everyone hate WW now? You didn't always: O0

Before you whine about Westwood not supporting its games like Blizzard does, think for a second: How many games does Westwood release in the time that Blizzard takes to release just one? OF COURSE Blizzard has greater support for its games, because there are so darn few of them and they come at long intervals!!

Don't blame WW for not making Emperor good enough. That's not Emp's problem. The problem is advertising. The only mistake WW made with Emperor was the total lack of advertising. Nobody knows about this game! And it doesn't even have a popular brand name to support it, so it must start from scratch. There are many great games out there dying from lack of advertising... Emperor isn't the first or the last.

2. WestWood used to be owned by Virgin Games, an England-based company, so CnC was NOT an American flag waver. ::)

3. I have had NO PROBLEMS with WW customer support. They are just as helpful and prompt as anyone else.

4. Did anyone think they stop pathing because the bugs are mostly FIXED?! ::)

Jeez, you actually went searching for a quote like that?

I hate WW because they make crappy games, even when something better has been released years ago. Starcraft and Earth 2150 were fantastic games, and WW comes up with sh1t like Ra2.

What really makes me angry is that people actually buy their games >:(.

Facts?

1. WW games are usually less stable then products of other companies

2. WW games never become classics. While people still play Starcraft almost nobody plays Ra anymore.

3. Every game WW releases, is basicly a rip off from the last one but with slightly different units, but no extra strategy involved.

Facts?

1. WW games are usually less stable then products of other companies

2. WW games never become classics. While people still play Starcraft almost nobody plays Ra anymore.

3. Every game WW releases, is basicly a rip off from the last one but with slightly different units, but no extra strategy involved.

1. Um, no.

2. What? I still play RA. And what about DuneII? ::)

3. As opposed to Blizzard, in which you get three or four sides with nearly identical units?

2. ?, yes I play still Dune II sometimes, and I had also times that I played many TS or RA or C&C and Dune2000!

3. Eh, they developed ALOT of NEW units:

Dune II: (all new)

C&C: (almost all new)

so according to you the rip-off would start here?

RA: (Chrono Tank, Airplanes, Naval units, Paratroopers, Demolition truck)

TS: (Subterrainean units, Artillery (never such range before), Hoovers, Mobile sensor array idea, hijackers, Carryalls)

Emperor: (Wormriding, Contamination, Projecting, Scouts)

And alot more

Dude, do you think the only RTS developpers are WW and Blizard ::)?

My favourite game of all time is Earth 2150: The Moon Project. Each side is radicly different. The game was made by Topware, but that company was taken over by Zuxxez entertainment.

Just because there are still 5-10 people online on a day doesn't mean it's still alive ::).

I'm not saying that Westwood sux. I DO say that westwood has become less good/popular when it was bought by EA. I mean first it had instant classics like RA, C&C, Dune2, Blade Runner, Lands of Lore II. But since dune2000 their games haven't been that popular anymore. I mean TS kinda fucked it up (i'm sorry to say this guys) but many people like me found it to be so disappointing that i was not sure what to think of westwood. E:bfd however was very good in my opinion but it was hardly supported and strangely not very popular.

Blizzard however (it's greatest rivals) are still doing good and they are having an advantage from westwoods way of producing games now. They make many games but none of them sell as many copies as blizzard does.

i like ww they make a good games that

i like very much, but the only problem with ww is that they

abondoned there games but still not completly they love so

much there CnC games that they only put attantion to them

and dont have time for the dune games ;) so thats why the

name of EBFD is not very atractiv name hehe but as soon as

iv got RA2 i saw the sneak peek and i wanted emperor so much

that i could kill someone and as soon as it was out in my

country i buyed it :)

it was?

#@$%^#$%^@#%@# goddamnt westwood, CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT? EVEN THE ONLY GOOD GAME THAT HAS WESTWOODS NAME ISN'T MADE BY YOU!

I might point out that StarCraft: Ghost is being designed, programmed, and drawn by a different company. Blizzard just gets to stick their name on the box. :P The Dream lives on.