simplified A to Z of how to get online

shygirl4

RE-WRITEN 2 September 2004

A simplified A to Z of how to play on-line.

Try to log on to dune2000 using your Dune2000 CD you will receive a automated update, after this update about(25 seconds) you will be asked to up-date a second patch (about 3 - 4 minutes) if this patch fails to down-load which it occasionally does you will need to go here http://www.dune2k.com/?page=files-dune2000&show=patches 

and download the patch v1.06,(for your country) then you should go to http://www.explode.to/dune and download a patch called RC (ROTORZ CONNECTOR) you will need this patch to connect players together when playing Dune2000 online, make sure you get either RC 0.91, RC 93b OR the RC dll.file (I use the DLL.file ) If you choose to use the DLL.file, copy and paste it to, or un-zip it to your, C:/Dune2000/internet folder. The DLL.file is not a program, so you don

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it seems some of the information on this thread is a bit out of date. there are far better recent topics better explaining this. why is this still at the top?

best regards,

^v^

Maybe shygirl can update her post, to provide working links, so that people still can get everything to get Dune2k working online.

It was, and still is, a good idea to have a topic stickied for people who want to get online.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i am new here and want to congratulate you on a great job.  I followed your above directions on how to set up the multiplayer games.  I followed the instructions and got to the 'fox' site.  The links to download the 'RC' did not open and seem to be down (or no longer active)  Do you have any suggestions or help so i can get up and running?

Many thanks,

Hi there,

thanks for the help i downloaded RC and it's all installed.  I have another question and 'hope' i don't come across too stupid lol.  I opened RC and loaded up dune via the cd.  I then went to the multiplayer option then internet.  It asked me to register to westwood.  I filled out their form and submitted it. It says the server is down (i have tried this many times before) So i also just tried putting in 'any' old name and password.  This didn't work either.  I looked at RC itself and i can see no obvious way of meeting players etc.  Please can you spare the time and patience to help me lol.  I am sure i am just being stupid but i just would love to meet and play people of this classic game.

hi Whirlwind

feel free to ask any questions you want, ill always try to help, use this nic DuneXbird to log on to the dune server and the password is password, this is a spare online nic and pass, and will allow you to log on and play multiplayer.

hope to see you there latter.

Shy  ::)

• 2 weeks later...

the rc 86 file has been compressed using winzip.  You will need to download winzip (free from the net)install it on your computer then double click the rc 86 file, it will self extract.  Hope this helps

Hey guys!! just wanted to know that u will see my nick in dune alot (nerdyyy) i have been here for about 4 years now.. almost when it has came out.. we are having a "rebirth" in this game.. all the older players are coming back and more and more newbies are starting to come in.. i along with many others are training the newbies so they can become better faster.. so we can kick off these tournies that we are going to be having..

so i suggest you to come in and play.. its lots of fun... and play shygirl ... she is very good.. lol.. she just has slow connection.. she doesnt wanna get cable or anything.. so make some fun about that to her.. lol.. hope to see you in dune peoples..

nerdyyy

Hi dune200012

make your you have the 1.06 patch for your country, also uninstall the rc86 patch, and install the DLL. patch it is more stable, and is not a program so you wont have to run it each time you want to play dune2000.

Shy  ::)

• 2 months later...
Guest alphadreas

I would love to play Dune2k online but I so suck! People at work beath me 5-10mins playing via LAN. No matter how hard I try, I always get whooped  :'(

I am afraid i would not be much of a challanger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a router. I want to be able to use the version that gives me the added features (0.91). Does 93B have the same functions?

Also, I do not like to play ladder games, Just casual ones. In other words, can I not be ranked? Is the ranking by gaming skill (believe me, I'll have the highest integer for this one) or solely by gaming time (I won't be at the bottom, but I'll still be spending more time on wc3 and diablo 2)?

Both shy and the dune2k server are gone so its not that relevant.

But just for knoladge you should know that having a rank is not in your controll, even if you dont have a RC you'll have a rank because all the scores of the games were used to be saved in the site dune.kicks-ass.net not anymore though, also a tournament was something we could only dream of since we didnt have enough people to make one.