site comments, and how it can be improved

Timsvs

this web site (fed2k) is excellent, very very good. However there are things which i think could be improved visually. Such as the side bars on the main page, plus easier navigation. My thoughts... anyone else got some..constructive comments only please, not bagging out the site....

In my opinion the the sites fine except A few more message icons would be nice on the message board(It is unimportant though)

To see what I mean go to www.dagorhir.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

and make a post. you'll see what i mean

other than that nothing really.

WW should post a link to Fed2k on their website, and make it the official Dune site - and pay you what they currently pay the ppl at their Dune games site management to keep up interest in Emp etc.

That idea I like:)

But then since they are paying for it, it becomes there site, and we have to do what they say, and they'd fir me and hire someone else, and Gob would lose control of the site, etc.

Sponsorship would be better.

If westwood is paying for it, then they're going to make sure that what they want is posted, otherwise they are jsut asting money.

btw, Nema, why would Westwod want to make FED2K their official Dune site, or even sponsor it?  The only people we reach are people who are already gonna get the games anyway, so advertising is out, and we already do all the stuff they'd want us to do for them, for free.  The only advantage they would get if they "bought" FED2K would be that they could threaten to pull out thee money if we posted stuff negative regarding there games, or pushed there competitions games, such as Generations and FH's Dune.  And if we did start censoring our news, we would lose a lot of credibility and hits, and would just become like duneemperor.com.

I have an idea:

Maybe we should put the Dune Generations, Duniverse, and Off Topic discussion boards on top of the Emperor boards since Westwood decided to stop supporting the game.

This would increase the traffic in those boards and help spread awareness of the great new games coming out by Cryonetworks, and thus helping to preserve the Dune name  :)