c&c dead !

playerap

I would like to make a few points:

1. Westwood HAS NOT stopped production on CnC Generals.

2. It will have beautiful graphics, and excellent camera control.

3. And as long as it has a good skirmish @ multiplayer, I don't care about storylines. Some people say WarIII has a good storyline: I wouldn't know. I don't play campaigns. They are boring.

Yeah. I still play Red Alert...though it also still sells, like, a million copies a year. Over 5 million stisfied customers! Eat your heart out, Blizzard.

ummm...warcraft3 sold 1 million copies in the first WEEK (and RA2 does not sell a million copies a year anymore, maybe first year) By now there are probably at least 5-6 million satisfied wc3 fans, and it's only bean out for less than two months, RA2 has been out for two years :P

Look at the facts:

1. Blizzard ignores there fans:

We ask for SCII, they give us Worl of WC, which was cancelled once because no one wanted it.

Whereas Westwood occasionally listens to their fans:

They approved modding didn't they? Blizzard makes it harder with each game.

2. Blizzard dumps their games as soon as the next one comes out: Once DiabloII came out, no more SC patches, news, nothing. WestWood unfairly gets bashed for the same thing. They just release a game more than once every three years.

3. At least WestWood HAS an official, on-site forum. Link to one for Blizzard, an I'll retract that. ;)

4. WestWood games aren't stuffed with dumb bugs like the group cap. What's worse is that Blizzard reclassified it as a "feature" just to make the release date!

5. WestWood fixes the real bugs in their patches, instead of tweaking balance "issues" and ignoring the major bugs.

6. WestWood games are more user-friendly: higher building que, MUCH, MUCH higher group cap, etc.

7. WestWood games have guns. Get it Blizzard? GUNS!!!!! >:(

Fell free to contest one of those, but I bet I can come up with a better reason.

Well, you have your interests, i have mine. i like the bliz kind of programming. i like spells sword fighting and that stuff. You like stupid science fiction stuff....Ugh disgusting.

And i'm looking for the forum, but i can't find it, i guess there isn't one oh well.

1. Duke, your the kind of person who perceives WE as YOU. You've gotta think logically. Why would they make another RTS game when they just made one, it would only split up the community into two pieces - not a good thing. Obviously you're too concerned about yourself to even realize these things. Blizzard does not make modding harder...why is there a whole list with about 50 servers playing only modded versions of WC3 ON BATTLE.NET, I'd like to see that many mods for any WW game :P

2. They didn't stop supporting it because diablo 2 came out, they stopped supporting it cuz it's getting old. They made an awesome game which people are still playing 4 years down the road, yet you expect them to provide full support to every game they make for half a decade? They still have the servers up, that is sufficient. They must focus their efforts on the newest title, to promote it and make it look attractive.

3. http://forums.battle.net/war3-general/

looks like you'd better retract that ;D

BTW westwood dumped there own forum, cuz they were too lazy to moderate it.

4.) Group cap is not a bug. It is annoying, but you wouldn't be able to fit that many portraits in the screen in the bottom, if the cap was higher. It also prevents people from massing, and not focusing on strategy. I repeat YES, it is annoying, but as much as you'd hate to admit it, it is there for a purpose. And why do you keep going on and on about the group cap, probly because it's the only valid thing you can find to complain about in wc3.

5.) THERE ARE NO MAJOR BUGS IN WC3. The only thing that's wrong IS the "balance issues" and small unit control/response bugs.

6.) You mean more newb friendly, and more friendly to people who can't accept anything out of the norm.

7.) Not everyone shares your enthusiasm about guns. There are plenty of people out there who enjoy fantasy just as much as sci-fi.

Let's see you come up with a better reason, NOT an opinion, NOT a wild fact your pulling out of your ass, and NOT anything to do with a damn group cap.

1. Check the godd*mn polls from around the net: SCII consistently won.

2. Oh it's OK for Blizzard to stop supporting a game because it is old? And the timing was a coincidence?

3. I'll bite.

4. If it's annoying, and even die-hard fans don't like it, it's a bug. BTW, if they made the icons smaller, more would fit. But, why do they have to go in the box, anways?

5. What about the group cap?

6. Right...And WarIII is more user-friendly? There, I don't bite.

7. My opinion. If you think magic is real, you ought to checkinto the nuthouse.

1. Check the godd*mn polls from around the net: SCII consistently won.

2. Oh it's OK for Blizzard to stop supporting a game because it is old? And the timing was a coincidence?

3. I'll bite.

4. If it's annoying, and even die-hard fans don't like it, it's a bug. BTW, if they made the icons smaller, more would fit. But, why do they have to go in the box, anways?

5. What about the group cap?

6. Right...And WarIII is more user-friendly? There, I don't bite.

1.) So what if SCII won? That's just what narrow-minded greedy teens wanted. You need to think corporately, and long-road. Why would they make two RTS games so close together!!!! They would lose mega-bucks, and shatter their online community. THINK DAMN IT. Everything coming out of your mouth is always ME ME ME ME ME ME.

2.) Yes it is ok for blizzard to stop supporting their games cuz they are old. Glad you've got that into your head.

4.) No, it just means YOU don't like it. And yes it IS annoying for hte last freaking time. BUT IT IS THERE FOR A PURPOSE. I'm not gonna keep repeating myself when you bring up no valid point beyond "it's annoying". So just refer to my above post.

5.) HA, I knew you couldn't respond without beating the dead horse again. It is NOT a bug, it IS an annoyance, but NOT a bug. Get it?

6.) No it's not more user-friendly, like I said, it takes a bit to get used to, but the physics are also more complex, and more things you can do. They didn't just do that for the sake of making it a pain in the ass to learn how to play the game. Sorry if impatient n00bs like you can't play with the big boys, but there's no need to make these dumb excuses.

7.) If you think you can build a structure from a con-yard, then somehow transport it half way across the map into the ground, maybe YOU should visit the nuthouse...the point is of course it's not real, idiot. That doesn't mean it isn't fun, that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining, that doesn't mean it doesn't kick some serious ass.

1. I'm beginning to think you work for Blizzard.

2. So your saying it's NOT Ok for WestWood to do so, though? And again: the timing was just a coincidence?

4. That is the stupidest purpose in existence. To fit the icons in the box?! And it does not just prevent massing, it prevents building more than 12 of one unit. That is way below "massing".

5. Major, pointless annoyance, and bug, there's a difference?

6. RIIIIIGHT, all WestWood fans are n00bs. Just shut up.

7. Hmm, notice that crane on the conyard? What you possibly use a crane for? ::)

I already tried.

I was joking about that.Keybord press button letter on the comp screen, get it.. oh well i guess its a corny joke anyways

I didn't mean that...I meant Razorox and his "WarCraft III is realistic" stupidity.