Online acronyms and Emporer chat commands

DukeLeto

bo = "build order" this is the particular sequence of units/structures that a player constructs at game time. Often this is a guarded secret among good players.

engr = engineer

inf = infantry

harv, harvie - Harvesters, referring to the Spice Harvester vehicle

noob, newbie = new or inexperienced player

dbl = double / doubled in a 4 player game, where 2 players double team a single player.

tvb = Top Vs. Bottom, a way to determine teams at game time based upon starting positions on the map.

u2 = you too

setz = settings; describing the settings of a map.

cuz, coz = because

Message to DuekLeeto: could you please edit your original post to consolidate all the additions? Its too hard to scroll through all the messages to see if someone has already mentioned the ones I added. Would be very nice if all you had to do was look at the first post to see the current list. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

bo = "build order" this is the particular sequence of units/structures that a player constructs at game time. Often this is a guarded secret among good players.

engr = engineer

inf = infantry

harv, harvie - Harvesters, referring to the Spice Harvester vehicle

noob, newbie = new or inexperienced player

dbl = double / doubled in a 4 player game, where 2 players double team a single player.

tvb = Top Vs. Bottom, a way to determine teams at game time based upon starting positions on the map.

u2 = you too

setz = settings; describing the settings of a map.

cuz, coz = because

Message to DuekLeeto: could you please edit your original post to consolidate all the additions? Its too hard to scroll through all the messages to see if someone has already mentioned the ones I added. Would be very nice if all you had to do was look at the first post to see the current list. Thanks!

I am pretty sure that a n00b is someone who cheats.

How can you say that someones opinon is wtong. There is no literal definetion of noob, there is no one set deffinetion. Slow down on the thought police there... it can mean what other ppl say too... and I agree I would athe be called a newbie or new guy rather than a n00b.

WRONG.

A newbie. like the name says, NEW-BIE, a person who is new to a game.

A n00b, a total ass, a cheater, someone who's hindering the game (backstabbers for example, or people like navaros)

They mean the same thing.

Newb = newbie as does n00b, noob, noobi, nooby. They're all just abbreviations.

Only newbie and n00b are correct, noob, nOOb, n<><>b, n( )( )b, n**b are all wrong.

noob, noobi, nooby. They're all just abbreviations.

Apollyon, these are IMO, the wrong versions of n00b, i guess you don't know the meaning of A.U.B. but in dutch it stands for AlstUBlieft, i can make different versions of the original version, A.U.T (AlstUbliefT) or A.L.E (AlstubliEft) etc, they all mean 'the same' but are wrong.