ken's guide: ordos

ken124578

If they're in small groups then they'll just be over-numbered....... dun you get the point..... lasers shall never perform better in groups than 1v1, they're not as useful as you or anyone think.

yes they can perform extremely well, numbers don't change the speed of the tank, an lasertank is the fastest tank in the game.

Maybe it is. But think, the more tank is bunched up, the large the area units could get it, once one unit has slowed down, then i'll block each others way and thats the end of the whole groups, its particularly devastating if they're attacked by units that does splash damage. Aren't you guys experienced player? You don't seem to be at all.

devastater, your making it hard for me to explain, look:

the only unit of harkonen with splash damage and that can fire BEFORE the lasertank does is the catapult, the catapult has extreme range but its projectile is slow, which means that it gives the lasertank enough time to get away.

if you have an large group of lasertanks i recomend that you make groups of 4 or so lasertanks and give them numbers if you want to use hit 'n run tactics.

if your facing an hord of minotaurs you really shouldn't use lasers because they require and fast gamespeed and if the minotaurs shoot it'll slow the game down and the end result is you losing your lasertank.

instead you could use multiple worms with an distraction (scouts).

devastater, your making it hard for me to explain, look:

the only unit of harkonen with splash damage and that can fire BEFORE the lasertank does is the catapult, the catapult has extreme range but its projectile is slow, which means that it gives the lasertank enough time to get away.

if you have an large group of lasertanks i recomend that you make groups of 4 or so lasertanks and give them numbers if you want to use hit 'n run tactics.

if your facing an hord of minotaurs you really shouldn't use lasers because they require and fast gamespeed and if the minotaurs shoot it'll slow the game down and the end result is you losing your lasertank.

instead you could use multiple worms with an distraction (scouts).

I don't need splash damage, a couple of hits by something right at the one in the centre, the whole group slows, and here comes the assaults rolling over it.

I love Anna, what would you use to slow the entire group down? You just said you didn't need splash damage, so I'm assuming that you're not using it here. If you shoot at the Laser Tank in the middle of the group, you might destroy it or slow it down, but the rest of the group will be unaffected. That's assuming you even hit the Laser Tank in the middle in the first place, which means you'll probably have to use a Missile Tank or a Sarduakar Elite.

Well, i'll use missile, an elite won't work.

The missile shoots out one by one, that means it slows down, then gets destroyed. I'll just send out the assault to freely attack the lasers and quickly order a missile to shoot the one in the middle to slow it down, or a couple of Troopers does even a better job

I love Anna, you might have killed one of the Laser Tanks, but the rest of the group will be moving at full speed since they've been unaffected entirely (remember, no splash damage?) Laser Tanks own Assault Tanks when used properly, and the Missile Tank will be dead in 3 shots from a Laser Tank. The Laser Tanks can keep on simply 'dancing away' from the Assault Tanks whenever the Assault Tanks move towards the Laser Tanks to attack. Laser Tanks can fire on the move, are very quick, and self repair. Assault Tanks are relatively slow, can not self repair (until they get 2 chevrons, but you're not going to get an Assault Tank with 2 chevrons against a human player, especially Ordos), and their turret is fixed, meaning they can't fire on the move. The Laser Tanks will win the battle against the Assault Tanks, hands down. ::)

shut up i love anne, lasertanks own assault tanks, no wait, they own almost EVERY harkonen tank >:(

and as elite said, don't come up with talks and tell oldbie players what is right >:(

you are nothing more then an complete n00b that has only heard things of his n00b buddy's without testing it out himself, hence you even think an few assault tanks/buzsaws will kill an combination of kobra's/morters/lasertanks and dustscouts which every good players knows is impossible >:(

It'll only need to slow one down out of the entire group, and thats the end of the entire group too !!

1 lasertank slows down and blocks some other lasers, the other lasertanks would just go around him and continieu as normall.

ppl: don't believe "i love anne" he's just an n00b that thinks he knows all, i don't believe he'd ever played online and tested his tactics against top players.

shut up i love anne, lasertanks own assault tanks, no wait, they own almost EVERY harkonen tank >:(

and as elite said, don't come up with talks and tell oldbie players what is right >:(

you are nothing more then an complete n00b that has only heard things of his n00b buddy's without testing it out himself, hence you even think an few assault tanks/buzsaws will kill an combination of kobra's/morters/lasertanks and dustscouts which every good players knows is impossible >:(

No, i have my own experience and shall not need to listen to other people's comment because i know im right.

And i never mention a few assaults and buzzsaws could destroy a combination of kobra, morter, laser and dust scout. But i did say a combination of buzzsaw, assault, missile and inkvine can.(if used properly)

Yes, with those stupid cheap hit & run attack, running like cowards just like what they really are.

Try have them both standing and shoot 1 v 1 and lets see who'll last longer, who's the coward and who's not?

And even your doing the hit & run attack, if you just make a slight mistake, i'll doubt your Laser will return in one piece or would even return at all.

devastater_mech/i love anne and whatever your new name is, i will not make mistakes with hit 'n run tactics after 9 MONTHS >:( unlike you.

and ordos are all about hit 'n run, i could easily say: you atreides guys are pussies, you rely totally on the minotaur and without it your lost.

Yes, with those stupid cheap hit & run attack, running like cowards just like what they really are.

Try have them both standing and shoot 1 v 1 and lets see who'll last longer, who's the coward and who's not?

And even your doing the hit & run attack, if you just make a slight mistake, i'll doubt your Laser will return in one piece or would even return at all.

hah whos the coward? =D

1. its a game so the player is hardly gonna be scared by the terrifying polygons of the enemy army.

2. cowards live longer.

3. there arent real ppl in those tanks yknow so they ent gonna b scared either.

so really, as u play for the win, I love anna, it shudnt matter if ure a "coward" (impossible nyway see abuv) bcos as the laser tanks own the assault tanks they will win