Who agrees with me!

Seal89999

Who thinks that the emp strat boards were better before gob changed it? I personally think that it screws it up and was awsome with the three houses each forum. Tell me you opinion. Gob aint goin to do anythin about it just wanted to see how many people share my opinion about how FU*** up this is. :)

It is MUCH better like this. Isolating the discussion into several strat boards only DISCOURAGES *GOOD*, Expert Players like me from participating. Plus, this way you get the good players' (who come here) perspective on ALL the Houses and Sub-Houses, not just for the one House that they play. EVERYONE benefits more from the new system. Though if you guys REALLY wanted to see some good strat Gob would need to merge this Forum with the main Emp Forum because that is the *only* way you are ever gonna get lots of the very very best players to post strats for you guys on a regular basis. That's what *I* want to happen but lucky for the guys who don't want that, Gob is not going to do it.

Most of the strats that you'd see on the old system are by people who quite frankly, are utterly clueless about how to play Emperor and hence their advice is useless for playing Emperor online. So even if you can search for strats by House or Sub-House on the old system, the rewards of that search are far less valuable than what you will find on the new system, because the advice in those threads were mostly all by people with no experience playing Emperor online. Note: it is a 100% Guranteed fact that if you have never played Emperor online, or if you have only played Emperor online a little bit, you *suck* at Emperor. There's no other way to put it.

EDIT: The point I am trying to make in the above paragraph is that the new system is better because a few *good players* will now be willing to come here on a regular basis, whereas when there were over 5 different Strat Forums for Emperor the good players would just think: "that discussion is so small and isolated due to the many divisions, so *why should I bother* posting there?" The *quality* of the discussion will be much better with the new system due to the influx of good players who may be willing to visit one strat forum, but who would never even have considered trying to post in any of the 5 different strat forums.

It's fine this way. The other boards got only 1 post a day. And it was wasn't that useful anymore.

People can make it more clear which house it's about. By putting the house in the topic name, or the first post.

And Navaros, the only thing asked was what you thought about the merging. We don't want your opinion about 'how bad these strategies are'

Although I was strongly opposed to the decision of merging the Emperor Strategy message boards, I've gotten used to it now. The only thing that I find annoying is how relatively new topics are scrolled over onto the next page and aren't visible anymore, because everyone is posting new topics so quickly. The topics that might still have some discussion left are being cut short. Anyway, I'm used to this now, and I'm not really bothered by it anymore.

Well, that will be too much for some people. But if you double it, it's already enough

I have 56k and every thread always loads as fast as lightning. Having the content of what is now 5 pages load would take no more than a few nanoseconds longer than the current load time, so there is no reason *not* to do it other than to make this site more inconvienient to navigate than it needs to be.

You mean the forum? Ok, I don't know, I have dsl. Maybe it's like that. But Gob has to know of this idea of lengthening, otherwise he can't make it eh?

Hey, are you stealing my font color? :P

How about now?

Yes Gob, *now* is as good as a time as any to make the current page length five times larger than it is now. It won't affect loading times in the least bit and everyone will be happy that you did it. Do it now. Do it soon.