some things you should know before playing in multiplayer:

ken124578

Ken! Stop bumping!

(Bumping is posting in a quite old thread to bring it on the top of the list again, it's forbidden if you don't have something new)

If someone has something serious to post here, then IM me. For now it's locked

it might sound strange to some people but when i was an newbie and just started playing emperor i got an buddy, he made dustscouts and i made lasertanks (we were both ordos) we won a lot of times but against people like avatar (11 months ago) we couldn't win.

don't EVER try to double rush someone with only type of unit on your side, you're most likely to lose against an good player ;)

when i was an newbie i had this decision: make lasers only so we can attack with 15 lasers and 30 dustscout from my allie or make 7 lasers and 9 dustscouts and then attack my opponent.

in an newbies mind choise 1 sounds better then choise 2 ;)

such combinations are much better then 15 lasers and 20 dustscouts because you'll have 2 balanced army's going after you on different sides instead of 1 balanced force clugging up/bumping against eachother and get killed because they can't reach the target army

Yeah, that seems to be one of the bad points about Emperor doesnt it. I mean, the stupidity of the units. And its not just your units. Not only are the AI's the most stupid beings ever to walk Akkaris, they never really seem to set up a good defence, even when you set them on defensive! :D

The only time they even resemble a challenge is on campaign mode. Do you agree? :-

Yeah, that seems to be one of the bad points about Emperor doesnt it. I mean, the stupidity of the units. And its not just your units. Not only are the AI's the most stupid beings ever to walk Akkaris, they never really seem to set up a good defence, even when you set them on defensive! :D

The only time they even resemble a challenge is on campaign mode. Do you agree? :-

yeah, its just about their numbers though :- else it would totally suck.

I noticed a large difference in the Defensive, Competent, and Attacker AI scripts. The Attacker AI script builds an open base, with few turrets. Absolutely no walls. The Defensive AI script usually groups units, builds lots of walls (sometimes it traps itself in its base like this and lags the game because the units can't get out of the production facilities) ::), and builds lots of turrets all over the base. Like Timenn said earlier, the Competent AI script is in between.

Even if u set it on Attacker, it makes them no brighter. I recall once the AI trying to assault my base from the sand, with my units up on the rock kicking much more ass than usuall. ( Am i allowed to say 'ass'? Oh well. ASS!!!!!)

Am i going on too much about these not so intelligent AIs? ;)