Ken's multiplayer guide: Atreides

ken124578

Okay okay to clear things up. This is the scenario. You don't have jack as far as base defence goes. You have only a few basic units (Buzzsaws, Dust Scouts, or Sand Bikes, etc) and some infantry. You've just repelled his first rush but his second rush is on its way along with, say 4 gunships. What would you do? :P

4 gunships = hangar + upgrade + landingpad + the gunships

1 gun turret = upgrade + windtrap + turret, whats cheaper?

now about that rush, HE is attacking with anti tank vehicles only, then i make troopers/buzsaws and fedaykin, i only make the buzsaws so that my infantry wont get runover fast.

this is an killer combo against anti tank vehicles, just ask some top players

Except Sardaukar and Fremen, all infantry will be kill by the minotaurus no matter what.

not sard. elites, and i wont send any infantry except fedaykins against an minotaur ;)

just make sure they're enough feds to kill the mino almost instantly, or you wont live. and make sure only one minotarus

a group of Fremen Fredaykins is more effective against ground vehicles than a group of Imperial Sardaukar Elites.

Depends on the situation. Fremen Fedaykin often get run over my vehicles like Buzzsaws. Sarduakar Elite have more range, and they explode when they get run over, so they can be very effective against vehicles compared to the Fedaykin as well.

Well the Missile Tank won't do anything to the Sarduakar Elite unless it runs over it (and takes damage) and it could easily dodge the Inkvine barrel from the catapult as well. I'm not sure about an elite Fedaykin killing an undamaged Inkvine Catapult with no chevrons in 1 shot though, and the catapult (although seriously damaged) could run over the Fedaykin. Weren't you talking about a GROUP of Fedaykin or Sarduakar Elites as well? Since when were we focusing on ONE Fedaykin or Sarduakar Elite?