Ken's multiplayer guide: Atreides

ken124578

Well I personally find that Sonic Tanks can be very effective if used properly. But mostly they're a waste of money on the battlefield, due to their slow speed, and pathetic armour. They also slow down dramatically when damaged even slightly, and they are highly vulnerable to infantry, and defenseless against aircraft. However if you can get them close to powerful enemy units, then they have real potential to do massive damage.

air drop'em :)

I guess I wasn't specific enough when I said this:

However if you can get them close to powerful enemy units, then they have real potential to do massive damage.

Air dropping them in is very effective, provided you time it right and do it properly. A diversion to draw fire away from the air drops helps dramatically.

Your right IxianMace, could anyone think of an effective strategy in using them?

I have a very useful strategy for my sonics, wich is very effective against AIs and can be effective against human players:

1.Get a sonic & an ixian projector and deploy them somewhere out of harms way.

2.Keep producing sonic duplicates and attack the enemy over and over again. This way you dont use up any dosh, and you really occupy your opponent.

Thisplan probably has lots of flaws (because it came from me) so maybe you can improve it? ???

Actually I've tried that, and it isn't very effective against the AI, simply because the AI moves their units around so much and attack anything that comes near them. The projections will disappear if an enemy scout or any enemy ground unit touches them, and they will also disappear when they get hit once (this includes taking damage from the explosions of pre-spice masses). The speed of the Sonic Tank isn't good enough to get it close enough to be useful most of the time, so I prefer to project Missile Tanks, because they hit hard, are pretty fast, and usually get off their full salvo. They're also anti-aircraft capable.

it totally sucks against human players, just place some warriors everywhere and sonics wont even come close to your base.

and when 1 sonic hits the warrior it does not kill the warrior (earplugs) A LOT of holograms sonics are required to kill 1 warrior.

Hey dont let Ixian hear you. He wont like it. :)

I don't have a problem with people saying things about my House that are do not promote it, or degrade its image. I do however, have a problem with people that say shit about something without justifying it properly first. No problems here however.