Favorite role playing game

lost_child

Probably Diablo, it's not the advanced combat system or something :) cuz it doesn't have an advanced combat system but it's just the story line and you feel so comfortable. Blizzard has great voice actors. If they say the world is doomed then I say the world is doomed and I will cleanse it! It's so addicting.

I also like Betrayal at Krondor and Evil Islands. Dungeon siege is ok but not too good

shenmue was described somewhere as

"a cross between a rpg and an adventure, and given a new name:

'a 3rd person role playing adventure game with a little bit of bruce lee added"

Silly eh? i found it quite amusing!

other magazines and programmes classed it as unknown!

Diablo 2 is my favourite rpg, it is just wonderfully laid out, with a very compelling storyline.

Diablo compelling storyline? Which part was that? The part when you had to search the sphincter of a Spider Monster for Khalim's eyeball??? Diablo had *no* story and the last Cinematic was a *huge* disappointment and nothing other than gluttonous self-promotion for LOD. The finale and end Cinematic of LOD was even worse. I was devastated at how horribly half-baked the final Dungeon, Baal, and the end "movie" were. Totally pathetic.Best RPG ever made: Betrayal at Krondor (which is also one of the very best video games ever made - if you've played it and it's not in your Top 3 video games of all-time list, something is seriously wrong with you)

Best RPG ever made: Betrayal at Krondor (which is also one of the very best video games ever made - if you've played it and it's not in your Top 3 video games of all-time list, something is seriously wrong with you)

sorry, but i haven't even heard of it. :P

hehe, i havnt bought shenmue 2 yet, i was wondering whether to cos shenmue just took over my life when i got it, and i dont think i have time for that again, although ive never thought of it as a RPG game, it is truly a great game!

(O yeah gota love the mini games :D)

Flying Warriors (i think that was the name) a very old NES game i have the rom somewhere on my PC very good rpg it actually mixes 3 styles of game play... i cant explain it to you would would just have to play it ;D

but i would have to say my fav would be Shadowrun for the genesis not snes

any D&D fans?

probally not seeing as most posters here a 15 yrs old (give or take a few)

and D&D was popular when I was 15 :P ;D

but any way i wax never big into D&D i was more of a Hero's Quest player.

I even took some HQ board games and make the dungeons on Baryds Tale (an old pc game) it had a little Dungeon builder and monseter maker... so i had my own lil version of Heros Quest video game ;D