The Best Subhouse?

shortbusme182

I would have thought that from the last post you would have understood. No, I am not THAT confident. I would be controlling both my scout(s) and my defence force at the same time, if I really had to, using bookmarks and unit groups. Your projections would soon be gone, then all that remains is to mop up your offensive force (and hopefully gain some chevrons). :D

Well unless you flank the projections with Fremen warriors all around with NO gaps whatsoever, my scout is bound to sneak in undetected. You would also have to move the Fremen bit by bit to keep the projections protected, which means that there would always be gaps in the line of defence. Gaps which I can exploit. 8)

Yes, your scout could help. But now look at what we have. You have your main attack force with the real units, the projections dragging behind, Fremen warriors flanking and projections, and scouts flanking the Fremen warriors. That is one big tactical jigsaw puzzle. Do you really think you could hold it together? If they did reach my base, it is likely that they would be split apart, either due to poor management, or by my firepower. Then, in comes the little devil... ;D

Then why don't I just destroy your projector? Unless you want to walk your projections all the way from your base to mine, you'll have to guard it in the field with lots of various units. And if you do decide to walk projections straight to my base, I'll touch them with my scout again! C'mon then, keep projecting. I'll keep touching. :D ;D

Using scouts vs. projections? I'd like to see that. You must have *mad* skillz if you can make that work 'cause scouts die really really easily (unless your enemy is idiotic enough to not attack move with his projections and/or stop them when they start fading away LOL)

EDIT: though scouts are good for placing in key places as stumbling blocks in the way of projections, of course. but not the best for totally eliminating projections

Dev_Mech you continue to post the most absurd statements I've ever seen. Won't you please play me in QM? I bet you'd get 10 kills in that game, MAX. ;D

Fremen Warriors Own Sards. My Fremen Warriors will kill masses of Sards without even getting *touched* by the Sards. Plus, Sards have much more limited use than Fremen.

Fremen have dozens of useful applications in almost any game. Sards only have a very small number of tangible uses, and in many games they end up having *no* tangible use. (like vs. any Atreides player if the game goes over 5 minutes)

Would you like to test that theory in a game. Hmmmm nav? :)

Then why don't I just destroy your projector? Unless you want to walk your projections all the way from your base to mine, you'll have to guard it in the field with lots of various units. And if you do decide to walk projections straight to my base, I'll touch them with my scout again! C'mon then, keep projecting. I'll keep touching. :D ;D

Really?? :D Thx for the free chevron for my Fremens !!

In the first place, your Fremen wouldn't see my scout because I would micromanage it and have it move bit by bit to keep it invisible. Unless one of your scouts gets in range of it (which means you'll have LOTS of micromanagement to do with your entire force), you're not going to find him. ::)

You know I've come to realize that all this talk is just that. Talk. Why don't you actually come online and prove your theories? I mean, you seem so confident all the time, that you can argue with people and not even consider the validity of their arguments. ::)

Well I hardly ally with Ix either in multiplayer, simply because I've found the projections to be generally useless in attack. They are not all that useful in defence against good players either. However the infiltrators can be very effective and annoying. I wouldn't be arguing the point of the projections being less useful if I didn't actually believe that they were not very useful. All this comes from experience online, and I'm just saying it how I find it.

Projections not good in attack? Try project Laser Tanks, and attack all less-defended targets. Or even better NIAB's they can do really damage. Or try to project Missile Tanks. You can always rush the enemy, and some tanks may shoot, and that's always a small victory. And it can be big enough for THE victory

Well yes, that is a good point, and I admit that you're right there. But that usually only works for small maps, I'm talking about large ones like Fishers Plain, where the enemy can see the projections coming and then proceed to eliminate them.

Fremen Warriors Own Sards. My Fremen Warriors will kill masses of Sards without even getting *touched* by the Sards. Plus, Sards have much more limited use than Fremen.

Fremen have dozens of useful applications in almost any game. Sards only have a very small number of tangible uses, and in many games they end up having *no* tangible use. (like vs. any Atreides player if the game goes over 5 minutes)

Would you like to test that theory in a game. Hmmmm nav? :)

Oh yes. You see, I once thought that regular Sards would beat Fremen, so I used them to defend my base against a Guild/Warrior combo from one of the very best players in Emperor. On that day I learned that Fremen own Sards without question.

btw IxMace your theories don't hold up in actual gameplay. you are never gonna get the opportunity to do most of the stuff you mention, ie: microing a scout and keeping him invisible to stop projections. not possible LOL

you sound like you have potential but as of now your theories are a little off the wall