Abortion

But the baby isn't her body. It is inside of her body, a product of a man and a woman. Both should have equal rights to it, but more so the woman due to her labor and ~9 month journey. As in the woman would most likely have the final decision. But then again it strongly depends on the predicament.

::) Ok enough back to the subject. Even if the process of reproduction takes place within the women's body. She still needs male sperm to create the offspring so unless she going to make a child via asexual reproduction (or artificial insemenation, for you smart-asses out there ;D) the decision is not completely hers (and I am not including rape, no need to even discuss it).

pratice incset..okai i find that a bit ....disgusting........i mean i hardly talk to mah sister and shes only one room away from me andi ICQ her only lol...

and why not include rape....if someone was raped and got prgnnet i say they should haf the descicion.....or in anoter case if your abay is going to be born completly messed up nad always in pain..in my ase if i was like that  and i was in my mom still unborn i would ask to die  :'(

What I mean by not including rape is simple, I still do not agree with abortion uncertain circimstances, rape is different it is forced apon the woman she is not a part of it willingly. So even though I am anti-abortion that I can understand because of the circumstances.

If you think of it, what is so wrong with incest?  

Of course a lot of you will get my question wrong so Im going to say it now:  I never did and never will practise incest.

Now back to the subject:  Tell me one reason, why incest is wrong, when the partners do it save and with no children?

And Fed how can you allow rape to be an exception to killing a human being just because it is not wanted? Rape should only be a factor when conscerning who gets the final decision.

It is not easy, but a decision like that is never, these are a few things I have considered.

1. The life (unborn) that is now within this woman, she did not choose to harbor. Remember when in this discussion a few people said it is the woman's body?

2. This unborn child was not the product of say normal factors, in most civil peoples eyes. Which could lead the woman to want to abort the child.

3. I am anti-abortion but this goes beyond certain grounds on which I have based my opinion. You have to understand pain in order to understand what this woman maybe going through or is about to go through. It is controversal but the subject and the discussion of the subject is controversal. In conclusion to what I said about rape and abortion this can be viewed as controdictory but it is no longer about just my opinion. What would this hypothtical victim or any raped woman do that finds themselves in this deliema? That answer may not be as easy as one would think.

Ordos45, do you specialize in starting controversial topics? ;)

Personally, I'm 100% anti-abortion. Still, I don't think an embryo can be considered human. However, it WILL become human if it's left alone. Killing an embryo is denying a future human being the right to existence. I don't think humans have the right to decide on life an death. I agree that women should have the right to do what they please with their bodies. That's what contraception is for. But the embryo is not part of the mother's body. If the pregancy is unwanted or the mother can't afford to have a baby, she can put him up for adoption!

Rape is a different matter, however. I still think abortion is wrong even in this case, but the ****er should pay every single pregnancy-related expense and a huge amount of money beside that. Basically, he'll have to sell everything he owns. And if he doesn't own enough, he'll just have to do forced labour to earn the money. I have no mercy for rapists.

The only situation in which I agree to abortion is when the mother's life is in danger or she risks severe trauma. In that case there's no choice.

Note that my views on this are by no means set in stone... I keep changing opinions every now and then, so don't be surprised if I start arguing against myself. ;)

The problem with wars is that they take too long happen, and with modern diplomacy/tecnology not enough people die. Disease/hunger and natural disasters are the best the ways of population control because diease is always around and natural disastors happen in one form or another in short spans (like that volcano). In a more abstract sense, Ignorance kills thousands (if not millions) a day.

it prety much depends on the child....i say abortian should be alowed only before 2 months of pregnancy no more cause its hasnt relli "gained" concouis yet...

if ur raped ot know the baby is defoped u should put it out of its miserie without it knowing

"Ordos45, do you specialize in starting controversial topics?"-Edric O.

I think so, let look at my track record.  Religion thread, this thread, the 600-700 post KYA/Setara War thread which how it stayed unlocked as logn as it did I do not know.

Anyhow, the US population isn't exactly up to par with some others.  India and China both have over a billion each.  China even has laws saying that u can only have one kid, or something to that effect.    The US aborts like a third of its kids or so each year.