Guild

Emperor Harkonnen

Ah, the guild.

When you consume a lot of spice your body starts to transform into some thing totally unhumanlike. Description are found throughout the books. The persones who have mutated into those creatures are having enhanced ways of perception. They can for example see though time and space. Look through peoeple and see what they think. [ Doesn't work with every one. ]

They grow adicted to spice in a way they consume nothing else. Spending the rest of there lives flowting in a spice chanber. [ as the name predicts filled with spice ]

Don't know if you can say that for shure Jacob.

The exact "timespane" they could see was never mentioned I think. And look at Dune I. The Guild knew that Paul had to die. They could forsee terrible things to come in the future. Now that could have been good strategical insight, but it's not impossible that the Guild could see further then "just enough to plot safe foldspace course".

In House Corrino [ I don't like quoting from those ] the Guild Steersman could see a terrible danger comming towards them when they where lost in space. So again, further in the future then just a "short distance in time".

[ makes you wonder, if you can see "past" time, can you still messure the amount you see beyond time in the metrical system of "time" ? ]

Mayby they could "see" the time that's most near to them verry clear, and just some gidelines and paths into the future.

Nope, it can't walk. It just flowts in his tank or specially designed rooms, filled with spicegas.

How the exact transformation works is a mistory even in Dune, the spice alters the body. You can read about it in House Corrino [ oh, no, not that one again ;D ]

Again, nope.

Well, hounestly, that situation has never accured in one of the books so I don't know that for shure.

In House Corrino it was weakend and lay on the ground, but didn't crawl.

The only thing it does if flowting around realy ;D

Navigators are genetically altered humans. THey go through a forced evolution to help them adapt to the massive needs of the mind. They have bulbus heads that house a larger brain in order to process more information then normal. They have thin bodies in order to focus on the attention of the mind. They have fins on the legs and arms to  float in their gas-tanks. and special mouths and gills to help with breathing adaption and voice amplification.

And its permanant, New borns start out like that, It probably took tousands of years to get to that  stage.

But remember that BFD has just taken names out of the books and made things out of that, it is not an accurate interpretation. But the NIAB tanks are kinda like the real tanks, But one is a war machine, the other a storage compartment.

The Guild also are part of the political tripod that maintains the Great Convention. After the Butlerian Jihad the Spacing Guild become one of the mental-physical training schools. The Guild had a monopoly on space travel (transportion included), international banking all of this is considered as the beginning of the Imperial Calendar.

The Guild could see into what is referred as higher order dimensions. The guild had an inept way of dealing with these higher order dimensions. They had "limited prescience" for guiding the spaceships through the void (space and time). Gryphon you made mention about measuring time in a metrical system after you have seen past time itself. In order for that to happen they (Guild) would have to be "many places at once" they could not. Yet and still the Guild were outside of space and time trying to control the measurement of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, when I first heard that the Guild will be a subhouse and it will have tanks in BFD I fell off my chair. It is stupid to give the Guild any weaponry. It is written in the book that the Guild has NO weapons or army to send into battle. When the Guild is threatened by somebody it responds with a simple and smart answer: "You cannot use our Heighliners!!" -cute isn't it? Then you and your army gets stuck on your planet..... ;)