WC3

playerap

It's about strategy in all STRATEGY games. Massing IS a strategy, for one thing, and for another, spells are important in SC. And one or two Zealots can spell doom, early enough. Speed is of the esscence. And battles need to be big to look cool. ;)

Massing isn't a strategy, it's a lame way of winning. And the spells, a unit wont last long enough for spell to be even cast.

I agree. How is queing up 200 minotaurus, and parking them at your entrance, then attacking with your indestructable force, which requires absolutely no micromanagement, considered strategy?

It's about strategy in all STRATEGY games. Massing IS a strategy, for one thing, and for another, spells are important in SC. And one or two Zealots can spell doom, early enough. Speed is of the esscence. And battles need to be big to look cool. ;)

this may sound strange to everyone here but here is one point and probably the first that i agree with dukeleto. Even massing is a strategy, even though it will lead you to doom vs. experienced players it is an option you can make, and even how great war3 is to me I must admit that in my opinion starcraft still has the most strategy of all strategy games i know.

Dude, playerap, he didn't say it was a GOOD strategy, he didn't say it was a KOOL strategy, he just said it was a strategy

Many a time i decided to forget the armor upgrad to get a few more footmen, and won because of it.

My fav is getting priests with inner fire. They can attack, AND they give everyone else increased attack and defense. Its like armore upgrades and a new unit all in one.

Anyways, just hit level 8 for the third time now. This rate and i'll never break 10

frodo...you need to get to level 8 on individual to prove your worth, not team games (afterall, it could be that your partners are always good ;D)

I like team matches in WCIII just like i did in SC and BW. 1v1 isn't as much fun and action. My the way Raz, you could also say that team matches are harder cause you have 3 ppl attacking you at once instead of one.

I'll play ya a 1 v 1 if you want Razorx, then you can decide which level i'm at. Just remember i usually play US West. So if you want me to look for you you'll have to tell me your server if it's not mine

Heh, i love team games as well. The 1 vs 1 matches are fine, i can hold my own, but it's not as much action. In team games u get to communicate with ur partner, talk about strats, that kinda stuff. And sometimes it's easier ,some times it hard. Once both of my partners just quit on me but as stubborn as i was i stayed till the end. The enemy got a bit cocky and just talked over what they were gonna do to me in "Send Message To All Players" mode, so they could scare me or something. While they were doing that i made about 5 expansions and each expansion were the size of mdeium size bases. After they wipes out my original base i rushed each player one by one with hard hitting combos. The last player disconnected (lag) and i ended up winning. It was a big one for me, i was dancing around and was crying in joy.

I love both but i must admit that winning a 1v1 game is more based on your skill than in team games. The bigger the team the more it has to do with luck and teammates

Yes, this is the point I was trying to get across. Frodo, I was in no way implying that you do not have skill, but merely stating that team game ranks may or may not accurately reflect your skill level because of the luck factor involved with your partner...and what you said about 3v3 being harder than 1v1, it isn't really, because although you may have 3 guys attacking you at once, you will also have 3 guys defending you ;)

• 2 weeks later...