XBF VIEWER!!!

Frodo

I still have to get the darn thing working, but the fact I have it, and what i've seen from the screenshot from vidi, it looks awsome, you will keep going adrian? You must be smart, or very good at breaking things, the XBF, wow, and im rambling again.

yep completelyull be seeing them in my new mod Emperor : Reign of Shadows (bit of subliminal advertising there heheh ;))one thing i didnt realise at first is that not having _H0 causes problems (or L0 etc) and without this on the xbf filename the game wont runother than that it works fine. I even messed up one of the models so badly that it in game it appeared as little more than unconnected shards of metal

well what i did was to take the OR_APC xbf and edit in the editor

i just did random stuff and typed in random numbers.

Then I saved it as Tachyo_H0.xbf put it in 3ddataunits and made the changes in the artini and hey presto it worked like a charm!

ive also edited some of the bullet and explosion xbfs too

So the current xbf-editor only work to fuck up meshes lol! ???

Do anyone have plans to ever make a editor where I can make controlled changes models? ???

Well personally, I would prefer a 3ds - xbf converter.

So I won't use Adrians program.

I have mailed Adrian and got mail back. He says that even if he make a converter, only I can use it because I am the only one who mod dune with 3dsmax skill except this new guy who never seem online.

First, the Xbf viewer doesn't screw up the meshes, the user does. I know it can be tedious and require more planning, thinking, and time to edit meshes by entering coordinates as numbers than with a good 3D graphics program, but this is an early beta version and I wanted to provide some capability to modify meshes at present, since it will take more time before I add the capability to replace meshes with meshes created with 3D graphics programs. So for now, probably the first thing you should do is look thru the meshes and look at the unit (or building, etc.) in the game to identify which meshes are what parts of the unit (or building, etc.). And it's probably a good idea to keep your first modifications relatively simple. The Xbf viewer displays 3 plots of each mesh. The first is an X Z plot: -Z is up (and the units that I've checked out so far, all face in the -Z direction), so if I want to make a unit's front extend out longer, I make the Z coordinates of the front vertices of the unit (the more negative ones) larger negative numbers. Then when I select Update Mesh, I'll see the vertices I changed move further upward, extending the front of the unit. So, the X Z plot is like looking down on the unit (building, etc) from above. The second plot, the X Y plot, is like looking at the unit from the front or back (+Y is up). The third plot, the Z Y plot (+Y is up), is like looking at the unit from the side.