deffence against fremen ?

elemir

Place scouts everywhere on defensive position. And also lots of anti-infantery units with them. It's also good to spread them through the base. And in you spice fields

I think that should work

But you should have posted this in the strategy forums of Emperor (below the general forums)

Yeah, Why are they unfair? I mean, they are so easily killed. And Sardaukar also (don't argue about that, A bunch of Mino or Kobra's and... :) ??? :O BOOM :'() And Sardaukar aren't stealth even...

I am wondering this too.

On most maps, Fremen are almost totally impossible to keep out of your base and against a good player that can lead to some seriously major problems. Maps like "Divided Country", for example. Tell me how I'm supposed to keep Fremen out of my base on a Map like that. Or even Spice Bowl. If some of the best players could comment on this that would be very helpful.

Its simple build light vechiles. They go for your base run them in and kill them. Or try attacking them, that works too. They spend that money in feds to sneek, and do hit a runs. You attack them they are forced to attack you head on. This is a big advantage.

omg if u want to catch fremen its not too hard ::)

Scouts and light vehicles and infantry!! DUH!!!

Nav, why dont you try to develope some skill and build some light units instead of mino rushing. You are SOOO easy to beat when you mino rush its almost pathetic. Nav you cant catch feds with minos and airdrones ::)

Light vehicles. I accept that bikes may be the solution, however I still do not understand how to make it work. The main reason I need to keep Fremen out of my base if for guys like ACE using the Guild/Warrior strat. If I try chasing the Fremen with bikes his NIABS will be massacring my bikes, will they not? It seems like that is just delaying the inevitable rather than solving the problem.

ok well thats your own fault for being a turtle...

howabout ix projectors, feds,sard elites, mongooses, adv. carrials etc... come on mr #1 atreides... the badass #1 atreides gangster shouldnt have such newbie problems.

ok well thats your own fault for being a turtle...

howabout ix projectors, feds,sard elites, mongooses, adv. carrials etc... come on mr #1 atreides... the badass #1 atreides gangster shouldnt have such newbie problems.

Ix Projectors stop working for no reason. Any type of Sards are useless in a situation where Warriors are invading your base. ADV Carryalls aren't gonna help when he has 15 + NIABs in my base. By the time I pick most of them up I'd have no base left. LOL And why the heck would I use Mongooses in this situation?

Elite47..i'm not flamin you, but don't you think it's time that you stop flamin navaros? Sure, you don't agree with some of the things he says, or complains about, i don't sometimes either, but heck, do you think your solving the problem by spitting what he does back in his face, frankly, your crap is just as annoying as his, he was asking a legit. q and you flamed him for it, whats your prob.?

I keep out fremen with scouts placed around range of my minos/snipers (anti-infantry things) so the scouts pick them up and the vehicles and what not can fire. When on maps with large entrances or no natural defense, i build walls in a lot of areas and defend them well, that means the fremen can either expose themselves by taking the wall down or try to sneak in on entrances you design...about the spicefeilds..lol, i have no clue, thats a hard one especially on some of those smaller maps

The answer is fairly straight-forward. Keep the fremen warriors out of your base, so the kindjal can do their job.

First, line turrets and a mixture of units up along the entrances of your base. Put scouts in front of these. Any fremen that comes into view goes bye bye.

Second, groups of kindjal work briliantly against the NIABs. Remember, I use the guild/warrior combo because both are needed. If you take away one link (the fremen), then it doesn't work.

If you keep the fremen warriors out of your base, then you need nothing more than to group kindjal around your buildings to keep them safe. Thoxen did this to me once and had me beaten, but I caught him sleeping and snuck in 3 APCs full of warriors. They took out all his sards and kindjal leaving an open base for my NIABs to warp in.

The answer is fairly straight-forward. Keep the fremen warriors out of your base, so the kindjal can do their job.

First, line turrets and a mixture of units up along the entrances of your base. Put scouts in front of these. Any fremen that comes into view goes bye bye.

Second, groups of kindjal work briliantly against the NIABs. Remember, I use the guild/warrior combo because both are needed. If you take away one link (the fremen), then it doesn't work.

If you keep the fremen warriors out of your base, then you need nothing more than to group kindjal around your buildings to keep them safe. Thoxen did this to me once and had me beaten, but I caught him sleeping and snuck in 3 APCs full of warriors. They took out all his sards and kindjal leaving an open base for my NIABs to warp in.

I can see how this would work on some maps, but on maps like Divided Country I'd need to build and fortify about 30 turrets at least, which is totally not feasible. It's kind of hard to know that your enemy is going to use that strat on you until he's already got Warriors in your base, in which case if you spend all your time building turrets and he built tons of buildings during that time, his ground forces will easily overwhelm you.

Nav, as atreides, I thought you would already know that it is absolutely imperative that you watch your enemy's base like a hawk. On divided country, have units and scouts at one entrance, and at the other entrance have 4-6 turrets, spaced apart appropriately with scouts in front. Besides, you dont even have to have them AT the entrance. I used this against d3k, he had the top position in divided country, and he just build turrets and scouts along the edge of his base, and build towards the left instead of expanding the right portion of the rock.

Better and more simple is just to rush the gild guy. Don't even let him do that and forget about turrets, entrances and so on. Btw it doesn't really matter if u use atreides, or any house, just rush the gild/warriors strat. It worked fine to me, if i am not mistaken was against aceleal/surlipig. (on divided country in qm).

Like any other real time strategy.

buld the least thing you need till you can build tanks( mongooses or whatever) build loads of these then rush.. most peope are worrying to get the buig stuff and are spending all their credits on building.. if you overwhelm them... its you all teh way 15:2 isnt a good odd...

lolAceletal in that game i saw u whole base, u never had (i didn't let you) more than 3 niabs, and u fremen camp was destroyed as soon as u place it, no way u could have had 15 warriors. Maybe u forgot or are mistanken.Also u didn't loose 5 harvys, because all of u harvys were in my adv carryalls.

aceletal :Excuse me?, did I bs you?.I will remaind you the "whole" thing:1) I go for a qm : harrip0tt(atr) vs surlypig(ordos), after ordos tried (with no success) to rush me, i entered his base and started to destroy his buildings, then u page : " i had to leave for 10 minutes, give me 2 more games in qm ", a poor excuse. Then you paged me every two seconds asking me for 2 qm more.2) Finally i accepted (so i could avoid your pages) and we went for another qm : harrip0tt vs surlypig, then you tried this gild/fremen warriors strat (first time i saw that strat), but defetead you quite fast as i explained in my last post, then u said "i will abort, this map is unfair", lol, "this is an atreides map, in a map like Da Ja sada you would NEVER win", "i want 2 more qm". Then i thought, what a looser, can't handle it, why u continued playing when at the beginning u recongnized the map as an atreides map, you had 3 minutes to quit, u didn't do it. If i understand you then if you win (which u didn't) map is fair, if u loose map is unfair. Then i realized that it makes no sense playing you anymore, i had to support your pages and your challenges for a few days more.Maybe now u remember and accept that sometimes u win and sometimes not, but please don't say excuses like the ones u did.

LOL, what are you talking about? I'm talking about a skirmish that happened like two months ago. If this game was a qm last month under surlypig, then I hate to break it to you, but it probably wasnt me. My little cousin was staying with my family for a couple of weeks and I let him play qms on my name - why not, I was busy with other stuff anyway. I think I only played like 6 or 7 qms that whole month. One of them was against you I think - the one where I left in the middle of my rush then the my cousin took over (hence the 10 minutes). I didn't even know you guys rematched. And as for the "excuses", give the guy a break man, he's an 11-year-old that plays RA2, and in that game, aborting under 3 is practically a sin. If he flamed you, my apologies, I told him not too but I cant be looking over his shoulder all the time.

If you have any doubts about my skills or my honour then just remember the 3-4 DMs we played this month. Your memory seems to be good so I dont need to reiterate the details. You remember my new nickname, no? Well this month I'm actually putting in moderate effort (with a new house nonetheless), and check where I am now.