Sign in to follow this  
Dunenewt

EA and Petroglyph to release remastered C&C Tiberium Dawn & Red Alert

I'm hoping it will be a lot more than just a remake. Will be the first PC game I've bought in years, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

I'm crazy excited for this! With this and Warcraft 3 coming I'll be spending a lot of money on video games.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, Dunenewt said:

I'm hoping it will be a lot more than just a remake.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I'm not particularly excited but I think that simply scaling up graphics alone like with StarCraft Remastered won't do the job.

Also I'm a bit concerned that this entire thing came out of the blue, almost as if they jumped on the remakes bandwagon because it's trending now.

I mean, StarCraft Remastered came out ahead of the celebration of the 20th anniversary, and Age of Empires Definitive Edition is made by people who are madly in love with the franchise and do stuff with it all the time. Yet C&C seems to have been collecting dust on EA's shelf for so long, and then they suddenly announce the remaster amid similar projects coming out from other quarters.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if everything goes well with it, and it's great that they have Frank K on board once again.

I think they are planning a bit more than just graphics. There are discussions going on, on cncnet and other c&c forums.

My greatest hope is that they work a bit on the balance of the games. There are some aspects that ruin the game for single AND multiplayer IMHO.

Those games have been FREE in Ea site during some anniversary. I fear there won't be add anything nor add modding, so no alternative to Openra.

OpenRA was never an alternative to C&C. It's just a different game that happens to use C&C's graphics.

The exciting part is that we haven’t started development yet. The community is literally getting in on the ground floor of this project and have every opportunity to help influence how we build this remastered experience. Please continue to engage on Reddit and community channels and help us create the best possible remasters of C&C and Red Alert!

from: https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered?setLocale=en-us

You should all 'go out' on reddit and community channels to influence them! :)