Assigning a Tileset to a custom Practice Map

WermRider

I have created a map using D2K Editor, and i have also created a new polar tileset based off the bloxice to compliment the unused pre-release polar content. 

I have finished designing the 3 player map (Polar Sink) with my new tileset but when i test the map it defaults back to a basic tileset.

Can anybody help? I am completely stuck, i cant find any tutorials on the subject, and no read me came with the file.

I'll upload some screens of my tileset and map later.

Thanks

I think all practice maps use the same tileset, so you would have to change the tileset in the file _PRAC.MIS from BLOXBGBS to the one you made. Also, it looks pretty good. I was always disappointed that Westwood only made a few tiles for ice. Also, sorry for the late reply, I had some things to do. 

I think all practice maps use the same tileset, so you would have to change the tileset in the file _PRAC.MIS from BLOXBGBS to the one you made. Also, it looks pretty good. I was always disappointed that Westwood only made a few tiles for ice. Also, sorry for the late reply, I had some things to do. 

Ah so i have to make it into a mission with its own .mis file instead, god darn it. I really wanted it in practice, i was so sure that the different tilesets were used. I had plans for three maps, Polar Sink (as displayed in images) Ruins of Arakeen -good infantry map (combining and using buildset sunken rubble and ruins as well as creating new ones) and a spiceless map of the sardauker homeland - Salusa - where triggers would deliver credits.... from then i probably would go onto  design the ordos homeworld Draconis, Atredes homeworld Caladan and the Harkonen planet Giedi Prime.

I wonder if it is possible to increase the size of BLOXBGBS to combine other tilesets into it without overwriting..... Any thoughts?

Edit: i have just checked, you are wrong, The practice maps do use differnt tilesets. for instance 4Play8 uses BLOXBAT and other larger maps use the tileset with bridges. So i guess sucsess can be reached, i just need to work out how.

Note; 2Play11 is the first practie map to use a differnt tileset which uses BLOXTREE

The direct links work better:

http://s30.postimg.org/wfna6dvao/image.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/6iyfgorrc/image.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/4kmxvrz5c/image.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/nxjdcnnbw/image.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/wuqdlh1z4/image.jpg

They looks rather nice. :)

I'm curious how he is gonna fix the concrete on the ice and if it still looks good.

awesome ice tilesets.   in fact could we get later  a  plants/trees tileset rework to make  dune  less desert  oh  was wondering if  could be possible to put water on  just checked it myself  that would be impossible as water would be immobile and making no sense . 

Water would be possible yes, but it would just be impassable terrain.

Plants are interesting to me, but they would have to be scarce and associated with infantry rock.

I'm curious how he is gonna fix the concrete on the ice and if it still looks good.

No chance of making ice concrete but there is a chance i will recolor the rock ice (buildable terrain) base colour so there is not such a dramatic difference. its all about the blend.

anyway i'm going to continue work soon, been busy, but i've come into a bit of ganja and so the drawing will continue when i get some time to knock back and smoke it in peace.

oh and P.S

i am the guy who made this Emperor Remake Mod, i still have all the files for it, But i need to get some new disks. Somebody sabotaged them. View it here http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/24780-emperor-battle-for-dune-remake-modification/

CnCNet skirmish/Multiplayer supports maps where each has their own .mis file, maybe that helps if you like to use your maps in skirmish/online. I think some standard maps have hardcoded values for the tileset

I have never messed around with tilesets, so you got it working for missions just by changing the .mis file to "bloxice"? Did you also try to give it any other name like "customice". Wondering if it is possible to add new tilesets to the game without replacing the originals, would be cool to have some additional ones

CnCNet skirmish/Multiplayer supports maps where each has their own .mis file, maybe that helps if you like to use your maps in skirmish/online. I think some standard maps have hardcoded values for the tileset

I have never messed around with tilesets, so you got it working for missions just by changing the .mis file to "bloxice"? Did you also try to give it any other name like "customice". Wondering if it is possible to add new tilesets to the game without replacing the originals, would be cool to have some additional ones

You can actually use any additional tilesets. The game just reads Tileset and TileAtr name from .mis file and then loads the respective .r8/.r16 and .bin file. And you can add new files you want.

In D2kEditor the tilesets are no longer hardcoded but you can also configure your own. Just open config/tilesets.ini file and add your tileset. The editor will save its name into .mis file when you select and use it.

And about Tilesets in Multiplayer maps. As far as I know, the tileset name for Multiplayer maps is stored in _PRAC.MIS file and it is BLOXBGBS for all maps. Most of maps use it, but the new maps (which came later with 1.06) can use different tilesets (including BLOXXMAS). For me it seems, that tilesets for these new maps are rather hardcoded, probably in Dune2000.exe.

So the only way to use different tileset in a multiplayer map is editing _PRAC.MIS file but then you will change it for all other maps which will become broken.

This is a question to FunkyFr3sh. Can you find out how different tilesets are set for multiplayer maps? If they are hardcoded, could you somehow implement a way to specify a tileset for multiplayer maps? Most probably using map.ini file. Thanks.

Yes we have tested it the other day, we could use a newly made tileset with random names, everything worked fine without the need for game patches.

To use a different tileset for skirmish/multiplayer all you need to do is creating a .mis file that has the same name as the .map (starting with _ just like in singleplayer), people have made a lot of such maps already and you can find them in your maps folder after starting CnCNet once (it will download all of them automatically)

This patch works only on CnCNet Skirmish/Multiplayer though