Recently Played Games

Andrew

So since the last time this thread has come up (don't remember when), what games have you played and recommend (or disliked)?

I'll start with some recent ones I've played:

DOTA2 - free game that requires steam to play. multiplayer mostly, even though I've got over 100 hours against bots.

Terraria - started playing couple nights ago, can see how it is addictive. Best explanation is that is is a 2d version of minecraft.

warlock master of the arcane - if you've played civilization 5, this is a less complicated version of that which is more focused on combat.

Orcs Must Die 1+2 - put around 200 hours into these games. Fun FPS tower defense game.

mark of the ninja - beat the game in 9 hours. cheap to buy though. Was a fun stealth game.

Bastion - Another short game at 13 hours. But it is cheap. Great visuals/story.

www.humblebundle.com is a great place to get cheap games. I started hoarding them. Don't know if I'll find time to play any.

Kerbal Space Program is a really nice space exploration game. I've played lots of it. I've also started replaying lots of Half-life games recently. Counter-Strike: GO is fun with bots too. 

I'm playing games as it gets boring in net..

Call of Duty Modern Warfare series..

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince..

NFS Most Wanted..

Megaman Battle Network series..

I'm downloading darkspore..

anyone know a good fps game like call of duty??

I have medal of honour new version but it's not working after I enter the mission..

I tried magika on free steam weekend, but found it too difficult to memorize all the spells combos.

FTL is fun. They are releasing a free update next year that adds a bunch of stuff.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is quite popular for a melee fighting game.

Natural selection 2 is a decent FPS.

NS2 and C:MW go on sale for about $6 each.

Played both on steam free weekends. Own Chivalry now, but havn't started playing again.

• 9 months later...
Terraria - started playing couple nights ago, can see how it is addictive. Best explanation is that is is a 2d version of minecraft.

Some people would say that's an insult to Terraria, the same is similar to minecraft I hear, but different in many ways.

L.A. NOIRE ; I finished this just recently. I really enjoyed it for the story gameplay was solid also. I wish the game didn't feel like it HAD to be action orientated. The action could have been toned down a bit, but I know people would say things like "nothing happens it's boring" so they had to make shooting segments. I wish the game would have taken more elements from the Film Noire visually, I'm sorta disappointed on that side.

Also I wish I learned more about Cole (main character), we only see his wife and kids once, yet it's mentioned a lot in the game. I wish the character was more developed, you got a sense of who he was, but I wish it was deeper, perhaps I was hopping for more RPG in it. My only other complain was the game sometimes held your hand, when I was thinking about a mystery if I took to long my partner would give me obvious hits which basically stopped me from trying to figure it out. So it was a little too easy at times.

BATMAN ARKHAM CITY ; This one I'm not finished, and yes the 4th game is coming out, I'm still on #2, I take my time and don't buy every game out there. Got the Game of the year edition on sale for 7.50$ so can't complain for waiting. This game is so good on so many levels, and it's fun, being a Batman fan you are treated. Sorry Superman fans, you'll still have to wait for ... something.

RESONANCE ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z05LT3MSjts << Trailer for those who don't have a clue what this is. So far it's great, I really lost the habit of playing these games, but it comes back to you quick. And this game has a easy to use interface, so it makes the whole navigation and interaction with the world easy and seamless, all you need to do is use your brain. And the puzzles are logical, not like resident evil puzzles.

BLOODRAYNE 2 ; Lol, it was decent, I finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. It was an average game using highly sexualised gameplay and characters to sell it. There are better games out there, but for what it was it was solid. (Incert *Hard* joke here).

Mark Of The Ninja ; Finished that after Bloodrayne2 (BR2), it was very good all around. Better then BR2. I enjoyed both endings.

http://backloggery.com/memorycard.php?user=soapp for more recent stuff. 

Id love to try FTL, but I'm trying to finish a few of my games before I buy others, I have so many. That and replay some I really enjoyed. Too many games, so little time.

L.A. NOIRE ; I finished this just recently. I really enjoyed it for the story gameplay was solid also. I wish the game didn't feel like it HAD to be action orientated. The action could have been toned down a bit, but I know people would say things like "nothing happens it's boring" so they had to make shooting segments. I wish the game would have taken more elements from the Film Noire visually, I'm sorta disappointed on that side.

While the game is called "LA Noire", it's "film noir", without the "e", as the wiki article says. It's related to the gender of the words, in French. ;)

And yeah, a game called that should really use the noir style :P

• 6 months later...

Been Playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. As much as I love the setting, the visuals and the atmosphere, I have to admit I feel like the game is lacking some polish. Some aspects of the game feel by the numbers, so perhaps lacking a bit of heart of talent, it's not terrible, but so far it's slightly lacking. I'm only at the 2 or 3rd mission though.

I much preferred XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the game is solid all around and if you play at a decent difficulty it's actually engaging because if you mess up it matters (compared to tones of games today where it doesn't). I know one is turned base tactical and the other a third person shooter, but the themes are there.

Been attempting to get into SNATCHER for Sega CD

segacd_snatcher.jpg

One of Kojima's earlier games. Clearly inspired by Blade Runner and many other movies. You even get a Mini Metal Gear to help you.

This game has lots of things which interest me, and as Kojima likes to tell stories / make movies more then games, it's something I'm in the mood for right now.

As always, I just don't have enough time to play these games and tones more.

Ogame (Dutch universe: Pegasus)

Even though I started 3 month's later, playing for only 2 weeks. I already made it to position 450 out of 1000+ already. Knowing that halving the rank, will cost 4 times more effort. I wonder if this development holds true. (Rank 225 in 8 weeks?)