Dune 2000:the era of war

THE AQIB

emperor  warfare , yes then after emperor  make an  enw one "fremen counterattack " but cannot be realised

i mean controlling two bases y one player  you control fremen and atreides.  in other rts game, named outlive (made by continuum) you could control two factions base.  but dune engine is too old

but as for fremen counterattack, it would be that fremen after some   fights on atreides side, itturn agaist them ally  the harkonnen and kill the emperor who held in prision paul atreides,  after all you could then fight odos and his friends,  but later atreides come back  force you to pull  back,  the harkonnen ive you base to defend fremen  production  continent the last mission would be  something harder

the last mission you will have lets say  40minutes to destroy  all bases around you, if no then mission failed.    killing enemy bases before time runs out would add some  hardcore

• 2 weeks later...

I THINK FREMEN LOOK GREAT but need more fremen units i hi im new i just wanted to let you know i also use gm i can code well and also do good art but i only have weekends [i cant help with music or storyline] one opinion i had was in-game sounds like "your base is under attack" ect... kinda make the game attentive you should use those = IM HERE TO HELP

@MAX ZEAL:

well if you want to join in the team...

it's well undecided how we'll continue but for now it's just me and my brother...

few guys said they'll help but thn i've to wait till i finalize the whole team....

it'll be great to have a programmer on board...

so it might take a few months for the project to start.....

i'm working on the ui, building designs and storyboard....

• Upvote 1

my idea for  fremen campagins was all time based campagins and always start with  starport  only and few gun turrets.  you  get in first four missions hour to kill  fortificatetd bases, in mission  5 and 6  hour and 10minutes   in 7 and 8  hour and 20minutes  in mission 9 hour and half

example idea of missions

mission 1 . destruction of   ordos and smugglers , capturing  harkonnen palace

mission 2 destruction of all  houses except atreides  ,  atreides starport cannot be destroyed by enemy - if yes mission fails

mission 3  capture ordos starport ordos palace , smuggler starport , mercenary heavy factory destroy harkonnen and emperor

mission 4  defed atreides  base  while defending own  off  invasions of  enemy fleets

mission 5 another defending mission but this time  you have only  barracks and heavy factory three wind traps  2 refinery

mission 6 , atreides betray you and you fighting all houses now 

mission 7 harkonnen join you and emperor break of alliance to all houses, you have to kill smuggler base  and capture ordos palace

mission 8, capture atreides  high tech factory to shut down   carryal invasions,  but  al enemies  with alot of tanks sell bases and survive  big  invasion

mission 9 your base is under AI control, you have to build base and make  AI army , you cant control army , but  you can build it,   you must make your Ai base eoungh force to crack down all houses,  harkonnen base is around you  and shielding when y ou grow stronger

my primary plan was to make all 9 missions controlled by Ai and you have to build AI base to make army and AI will set  attacks, so  when making tanks wall up around  your base  to collect army when eoungh - sell wallls to release invasion force.

my idea for  fremen campagins was all time based campagins and always start with  starport  only and few gun turrets.  you  get in first four missions hour to kill  fortificatetd bases, in mission  5 and 6  hour and 10minutes   in 7 and 8  hour and 20minutes  in mission 9 hour and half

example idea of missions

mission 1 . destruction of   ordos and smugglers , capturing  harkonnen palace

mission 2 destruction of all  houses except atreides  ,  atreides starport cannot be destroyed by enemy - if yes mission fails

mission 3  capture ordos starport ordos palace , smuggler starport , mercenary heavy factory destroy harkonnen and emperor

mission 4  defed atreides  base  while defending own  off  invasions of  enemy fleets

mission 5 another defending mission but this time  you have only  barracks and heavy factory three wind traps  2 refinery

mission 6 , atreides betray you and you fighting all houses now 

mission 7 harkonnen join you and emperor break of alliance to all houses, you have to kill smuggler base  and capture ordos palace

mission 8, capture atreides  high tech factory to shut down   carryal invasions,  but  al enemies  with alot of tanks sell bases and survive  big  invasion

mission 9 your base is under AI control, you have to build base and make  AI army , you cant control army , but  you can build it,   you must make your Ai base eoungh force to crack down all houses,  harkonnen base is around you  and shielding when y ou grow stronger

my primary plan was to make all 9 missions controlled by Ai and you have to build AI base to make army and AI will set  attacks, so  when making tanks wall up around  your base  to collect army when eoungh - sell wallls to release invasion force.

A whole campaign in which ur base is under AI control? Thats sick tbh... I dont mind to have 1-2 missions like that but a whole campaign is bullshit. 

the team till now is me (programmer, concept artist, background score, actor for breifings, story writer, breifing video editor)

my brother (actor for brefing, my assistant in all sectors, first tester)

my friend (background score and special effects)(he needs to accept the post yet)

job done till now

planned and made storyline....

made a few concept art especially buildings and gui....

remixing original dune 2000 music and some new music also....

tech tree completed....

faction database completed....

work to be done.... loads of work left....

@ max zeal: you know how to program rts games??

best out there is fancypenguins's videos on youtube....

but i'm building code on my own...

programming side will begin once my exams are over....

i already have a mercenary mission with base under AI control here on FED2K. You can easily find the link on mvi's site, in the subhouses fix patch. He linked my mission there. I'd paste the link here myself but im posting from my cell phone now :D

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't read all this topic, but I did read the one in which you post developments and I saw you puted other specific for houses units to come via starport. When I was testing to add the sonic tank only to the ixian starport I thought it works well, but it proved every side will always have the same units on starport. At first I saw enemies who didn't even have a research center getting sonics so I went with other side and saw.