Dune 2000:the era of war

THE AQIB

@feda: i decided to retain the starport but medium tanks hav been removed.

What you mean by removing medium tanks? So atr won't have any combat tank? :D The "Medium Tank" is just the atr combat tank called something different than the original boring name of "combat tank". Unless I misunderstood you?

Btw, I send the list to x3m and hawker :)

Ok i doubt i understood it well. So now ordos has what type of tank? Atr has meds with high damage? harks have what? *confused*

I just hope that you did not remove the way combat tanks were , i mean the ordos faster and weaker, atr medium and hark stronger and slower. I gave them those names because it represents their attributes (somehow) . If u gave all houses the light tank as the main combat tank thats pretty bad, at least in my view. They shouldnt have same attributes :) but again im not sure i understood well. So perhaps explain it a bit more?

Also i was thinking about having true artillery units to the game (the dune2k siege tank is more like a joke) thats why i gave each house arty units. What you think guys? I'd say arties enable another tactic :D so its a +1 for me.

Also, if you wont be able to make a working engine you can always try and mod the OpenRA one. From what I heared its very easy to mod it, and its all open source. But I would like to see what kind of engine you are making, so keep up the good work. I mentioned OpenRA just in case that you wont make it with gamemaker, so that you wont resign in that case :)

seige tank was good against infantry but sukd at armr... still i use it behind turrets for gaurd. but for explaining that thing it has the same atributes as the orgnal combat tanks but less powerful thn b4. all of them. just to make sure equality sustains till tht tech lvl. abt the rest tank structure its part of the tech tree. i need to explain it whole. :(

now there are four lvl of tanks: light tank(does less damage,fast but not as fast as scout vehicle,cost is moderate),medium tank(used for long range damage weakness in hp and armr,but pakd with powr,slow rof),heavy\spl tanks(our well known team of deviator devastator& sonic +a few more for supporting houses),platinum tank(the ultimate wepons of the house,in story mode commissioned later in the game,decimates but slow\weak\slow rofdepending on the faction tank)

Man why dont u just call the med tank artillery? Its not a tank its an arty unit :) as well as the heavy tanks, just call them sonic tanks, deviators and devastator. I dont see the point of naming them like that, light medium and heavy. I named the combat tanks cuz its relevant :D but in the end its your decision of course, I just tell u that I would prefer to let the names as they are (sonic, devastator, deviator) and for combat tanks, instead of "Combat tank", light med and heavy tank :)

my way of naming them is actually for their equivalent tank name. med tank are of five for five factions... hence a common name med tank... nothing other thn tht... it comes under tank but is an altillery unit... just to ease around i named em lyk tht...

my way of naming them is actually for their equivalent tank name. med tank are of five for five factions... hence a common name med tank... nothing other thn tht... it comes under tank but is an altillery unit... just to ease around i named em lyk tht...

Idk what to say, I think it would be better to leave the medium light and heavy names to the actual combat tanks and name artillery units and special tanks the way they actually are (especially special tanks). But thats my opinion. What others think about it?

the name denote the lvl of tanks... only found in the code... in game they are named as per tanks...(eg:atr missile tank,hark rocket launcher system,ordos mortar tank etc.)

OHHHH OKAY :) finally got it.. should have said it like this from the start. So the ord tank is called light, atr med and hark heavy in-game right? :P (do me a favor and put these names) haha

Hahaha, that would indeed suit the Harkonnen. A tank that is ONLY effective against structures. And great durability. You got that from age of empires, right?

But to keep things balanced. The Atreides should have some sort of Ornithopter that bombs structures. And the ordos has of course the Saboteur.

A 4th race? Each race that you add, will increase balancing issue's by a factor. 1 Race is difficulty 0. 2 Races is difficulty 1, 3 races gives 4. But 4 races gives 9. To give you an idea on how much the difficulty increases.

@criver: im just working on what should come and wht should not...so no screenshots till now and the actual conversion to game will happen later due to some problems... @vota dc: this was tried in dune 2000 by dr. mocha as truck... i didn lyk it tht much not even in the age of empires. @x3m: yea, but in dune 2000 there are six factions and here also six... i just removed mercenaries to include this... :)

writing ideas for a new kind of ai... matches your tech lvl and defends base well... army count to be influenced by your spice quantity and ofcourse theirs... ai spice first till they reach mission limit and mirror ur tech lvl as well as draw spice... ai attacks unit which has high lvl id and low health... when attacking building targets defence first then construction yard then rest of the base.. any other suggessions???