Ordos Starport mission

gunner154

• 2 weeks later...

At the start of this mission, I gather all my infantry together and attack the turrets. Once they're gone, I send in the raiders and combat tanks to run over/shoot the infantry, and then I capture the windtraps and starport. The walls are going to go next, including the enemy concrete. The starport can stay where it is, but you have to defend it against infantry and early vehicle rushes. Combat tanks and siege tanks work well against infantry, and gun turrets behind walls work well against vehicles (except lots of Quads).

Note: If you have a starport, you don't need to build silos. You can store an unlimited amount of spice. Just click on the units you want to order (select 5 MCVs for best effect, since they are the most expensive) and then cancel the order. Now look at your refinery and/or silos. All empty eh? But you still have the solaris.  ;D

Use u're troopers to take the turret & then use the starport to get seiges and combat tanks. Sieges work well in pairs. The 1st one damages alot of infantry with its 1st shell, the 2nd one obilterates them into small little pieces. If they get too close, send the combat tanks on a squish mish.

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly there, just two 3 more harkonnen missions to do and I've completed the game, and skirmishes are too easy. But this mission is relatively easy compared with the last couple of missions. The key is seige tanks and gun turrets. The gun turrets can handle the vehicles, the seige tanks handle infantry. Sorted!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I played the game yrs and yrs ago but I think I still remember this mission. If it is the one, then there is also a gun turret to the north of ur base. Its just to the left of the spice field on top of ur base. The GT can prove really nasty. If u try sending an attacking force, invariably have of it gets blown up due to this GT and the one just to the N-NW of ur Base. Therefore my advice is take these 2 down using missile tanks ordered from the Starport at the earliest possible hour. After that u can attack the base to the nw corner, thats the main oone. Oh, BTW, there happen to be a hell of a lot of GTs blocking the western entrence so enter from the north and on ur way down their base take out the GTs. And did I tell u that there is a really bugging sand worm just ouside thee north entrance to make uer entrance tougher? Ps- Use a hell of a lot of missile tanks. PPS- There also happens to be a base to the west.