FREMEN strategy

Guest Cheatah

Guest Cheatah

Another pretty basic tactic. Build about 50 Fedaykin and Fremen warriors and assault the enemy base (be sure they aren't on guard) take out one turret or enemy at a time and be sure to leave the damaged fremen behind, they don't have their stealth abilities...

Take out bases, outposts, whatever with these guys, it works...

Cheatah

Guest Albatross

Right, well, I hardly call "build 50 of this unit" "now rush" a STRATEGY, but whatever... :P

One of the sides needs a combat medic. Seriously. Or all of them do.

Guest WARGOD

The fremen kick ass the are the ideal units for killing enemy harvesters,

here is what to do: group up tp 8 Fedaykin and hide them in a safe spot near the spice fields,

than destroy the enemy harversters.

Guest Albatross

Sorry dude, but the Ordos Tron Tank is the absolute best Harvester killer (aside from Shai-Hulud, but you usually can't control THOSE... ;).  A pack of eight can easily obliterate a harvester before the other guy figures out what's goin on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TDeLoco

When attacking with mostly Fedaykin units, it's also good to have Snipers to support them.

Mostly, I like the Fedaykin-Sardaukar Elite-Sniper combo. It kicks ass!!!

Tonto de Loco

I don't know if anyone noticed but a Fremen Warrior is nearly as good as a sniper at killing long distance and has a faster reload rate. So its 2 shots instead of one, that will only matter in a life or death emergency.

even better .sneak in 6 fedaykin fremen into enemy base.position 4outside their factory. where the units come out from, positon the last 2 at their barracks....if there r no emplaced def near, they wont be gettin units anytime soon...

the mission where u save the freman from the ords... yeah accidently destroyed a freman structure...next to my base.. wow the mongose commin out of the factory all died..

But Fox_Fives (PLEASE change your name), if Westwood made that change to the Sonic Tank, you would be taking away the speed and agility (in want of a better word) of the Laser Tank. You would also make the Sonic Tank too good. (IT IS A STUPID IDEA, DON'T EVEN SUGGEST IT!)

However, you are 50% right. The thing with the Fremen and the Fadaykin SHOULD be changed.

No.. they shouldn't change anything about hose things guys. Sonic tanks have always have the tendency to blow your own army apart. That's where the player steps in to guide the sonics. And about the fedaykin, I think it's kinda fun that they don't kill their own. Makes them useless against their opponents fremen warrior. :), it only takes one shot....

umm rifle fremen can kill each other. jus the fedaykin fremen cant. the reason is clear. read the description. amplitfy their voices to sonic beams to kill their enemy.

fremen r immune to a battle cry of another fremen..n thats the way it should be.

the fremen shouldnt be changed. it took a long time for them to get as good as they were supposed to be and so now they shouldnt be changed.

oh someone commented about limited cloak for fremen?? WTF? then westwood should juz equip the scout with a pistol n we would have alot cheaper alternative to the fremen.....

Why the hell should i change my nick ????

anyway they should AT LEAST make the Sonic tank pause when it has 5 of its own units in front of it!!!!

'Sir, what about our commander in the tank in front of us??!?!'

'Ah, screw him... we'll just say we were doing our job!'

Guys, there are a lot of unrealistic things about these Westwood RTS games, so why pick out one thing (eg. the fact that the pilot of the Sonic Tank doesn't think twice about the fact that he is about to blow up 5 of his own tanks) and complain about it?

It's not such a good thing to have super-intelligent unit AI. You may say "this guy's crazy", but it's perfectly true. Warzone 2100 (ever heard of it? - it was the first 3D RTS game) had super-duper unit AI, and all the player had to do was tell the unit(s) where to go or who to attack and they, more or less, did the rest. Believe me, it was BORING! It's better to have to micromanage your units (at least to a reasonable extent (and this case of the Sonic Tank is in that extent)). It's more interesting this way (and you have to pay more attention).

i dunno if this was replied to this message or went off into its own topic, but im gonna post it again so im warning you that i may have made the mistake of posting it twice so dont yell at me or call me stupid for making a simple mistake...anyways....

I still dont know what the Tron tank is and im very confused about it, but Sven's right, you cant yell at the sonic tank's ai with out yelling at the flame tanks, flame turrets, and flamethrower infantrys ai. they do the same thing as the sonic tank, they fire their weapon and it damages buildings, vehicles, and kills most infantry. I think the chem. trooper does it to, but im not sure i havent really paid too much attention to them, but i think they do. Even though the effects of these units weapons are nearly as devastating as the sonic tanks, you shouldnt pick on the sonic tank with out realizing these units also to it so ok...i made my point ill shutup now

Fox_fives, you just have to become better at managing your sonic tanks dude. If they kill your own tanks you made the mistake! You can now also use this as a tactic against the awesome might of the sonic tank. See, the enemy uses the fact that a sonic tank shoots up his own. If you really are that afraid of the sonic tank killing it's own don't produce it or play the harkonnen!! (oops, they got flamers....might be to much micromanagement).

I would use a faster responding vehicle in conjunction with the Sonic tank. I saw the same problem with Dune2k. Or you could always measure the range of the sonic blast and adjust accordingly even using a vehicle with a longer range of fire than the Sonic Tank. Another way is to better position the Sonic tank where the enemy can't manuver as well around it. These don't always work but it helps on your losses.

I find that the sonic tanks work best in a defensive position with 2-4 sonic tanks, a bunch of Kindjal infantry and some minotauri.

Just have 2 rows, the first row is 2 sonic tanks, kindjal infantry, a gap for your vehicles, the other half of your kindjals, and the other sonic tanks, behind all them is just minotauri and you can have some snipers hanging around if you want but it isn't really necessary.

I too have occasionally used sonic tank as my base defense... but compared to TheMurl method, i don't leave my sonic tanks alone in the front without some minotauri beside it. This is b'cos certain long-ranged units like the Cobra and the Inkvine catapult can take out sonics whose guard range loses to these units, and its amaour aren't that great. Some player might not notice this until the ever famous... "Unit lost". So the minotauri helps to compansate for the lack of guard range of the sonics... plus the soften up the enemy for the final kill by the sonics ;D

I find that the best choice of attack for this is to send a Las Tank or two in as bait then have Deviators convert the Somnics ;D

once those are gone again use a Las Tank to take the Minotauri Fire then rush in APCs with Chem Troopers.... I can bet 4 APCs with those guys can take out the kindjals even if you have Snipers

next use hit and run for the Minos

I can always use Fedaykin ;D or EITS