Who's playing MorrowinD ?

Nyarlathotep

I haven't played it, but I heard it was a really good game, considering it was all single player. Apparently you can be whatever class you want to be, as in mixing up skills from all classes, and the storyline is so complex that there are about a million different ways to go about playing the game. Heck, you don't even HAVE to follow the storyline :)

Yeah, I've read that too and it's appealing. I've read several reviews where they state you do not have to follow the mian story line. The world you play in seems to be huge. You may follow a main line, but if you get bitten by a vampier, the story will be different.. it realy sounds like fun..

my brother had it on the PC and got the xbox version and gave me his PC one.  But i cant get it to play :-/ but what I saw of his it looked awesome.  Some of the rules are hard to get used to like if you pick something up in front of someone and it wasnt yours, you'll go to jail for stealing... if you open a treasure chest in front of ppl, off to jail ;D some of the things like that are hard to get used too if you play games were you run around and snatch up loot ;D heres a tip after you select your characters race and looks save game because you then are asked some questions that determine your classification (if thats what they call it). ie you can be stealth and be a agent, assassin, theif (stuff like that). or go with combat and be a knight, warrior, crusader (stuff like that). and then their is mage and you can be a battlemage, witch hunter (stuff like that).  and it all depends on how you answer the questions.  But hopefully i can get it to work ad i'll let you know ;D

Bah.  Morrowind.

A game released in 2002 A.D. without voice acting?  Can you say OBSOLETE?  Obsolete with a capital "O".

Who wants to *read* and not HEAR 6 novels worth of in-game text in an RPG these days when there are countless games that have several hours of voice acting included?  Games so far behind the times should be axed before they come on the market.

Plus it's rated "Teen".  RPG games rated "Teen".  Such a joke.

So Nav when does your review site open up? I'm sure you will have lots of ideas for the site's name from the posters here.

Perhaps you can join up with the guy from the Late Late Show who thinks everything sucks, you would get along well together.

ahh the good old days  ;D (feels like were back at the old forums) the what? on wait I cant remember those ;D

oh oh i cant wait tomorrow I get the dl site for E&B !! they pussed it back from the 7th :-/ but its finnaly the 17th ;D anyone else here in the Beta?

I did sign up for the beta, but nothing so far..

My recent experiances with Renegade and EBFD have made me decide that Renegade has been the last Westwood/EA game I ever bought. So right now I do not care that I'm in the beta or not.. Maybe for Westwood/EA better that I ain't ;D

Okay, I bought it.. first impression: breath taking..

The graphics are excellent :O. The way they made water look is just amazing. And you haven't seen the lightning yet, when I saw it, my mouth fell open and I just sat there and watched in amazament (is that a word?), not to mention the 3D sound that goes with it. Don't hook up any normal pc speakers, or headset, hook up to your stereo, if possible with 3D surround !!

Game play is good as well, no problems here. The basic movement is like with any other game. You can choose your character from 10 different races, all with their special abilities and powers. Once chosen, you can either go for the general character setup, or you can make your own chracteristics. There is so much to choose from, you need to chose wisely as they determine the way your character develops in the future of the game (unless you get bit by a vampier, then your life will be like a vampier ;)). You can also make a choise if your character is good, bad, evil, thief like, ect ,ect.

If one of your characteristics is alchemy, you can create and discover your own potions by mixing ingredients you find while you walk around. If you don't need those potions, you can sell them for money, which will able you to buy other stuff. About buying and selling stuff, you can even negotiate the price of stuff you buy and sell. But be carefull, if you try to negotiate too much, they might start to dislike you and withold good stuff from you ;)

There is an actual time in the game and day and night will pass as you go along in he game. You decide your way by getting quests from people you talk to. You don't need to do what they ask you to. example is that you need to find a tax collector that has been missing. When you find him, you discover he has a lot of money on him.. so decide if you are going to keep that money, or do you give it back ?

The game is so huge, it's hard to imagine that one will be able to finish the game quickly. I think the best way to give a clue as to how big is to imagine England as a map and you're the person to discover it by walking around :O

If you buy the game, a good hint and tip is to keep record of the quests you get and from who. It will make it easier to quickly check and see what quests you have and from who. Also, remember that you are able to steal things (it can be one of your characteristics, but if not, do NOT steal when someone is watching you or is near you. Remember that in the first part of the game, while your still in the office of the guards ;))

One point though, there is no multiplayer option, so it's only single player. If I had to rate this game, I would give it 9.8 out of 10. I never will give a game a 10, so consider it the highest score I gave a game ever. ( I could go on and on, but I don't want to spoil anything by telling too much ;D)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it a few days ago but haven't had the time to play it yet, i've been brushing up my skills on SOF2, however, hehe...

When i opened it and was looking through the manual i was sat with a group of mates, and when i turned over and saw you could be a lizard/dinosaur man, apparently my eyes practically popped out, haha, I just saw and said aloud "Oh Wicked!!! i can be a lizardman!!!" And my friends all burst out laughing rolling on the floor literally, lol. Oh well, simple things please simple minds, hehe.

I went through the start of it after i installed it and knew i didn't really have time to do anything so i ran off right into the wilderness and got killed by a skick or something, a wierd little bug, my knife did sod all, lol. It does look amazing and i can't wait to get right into it. :)

you can choose to become a member of a great house

[me=NaMpIgAi]gets a deja vu[/me]

and there's tons of different guilds to join it's simply awesome ;D

but as for the lizardman I think it's an NPC if you wanna play like one of those you need to dl a plugin easy ;), but there's orcs, elves(three kinds) Humans (also three or four kinds) and some cat human etc etc when you kill people or steal you will be asked wether you wanna resist (fight) pay a fine or go to jail.